The Press Box Edition

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
The question becomes who sits in the press box for the next game?

Ericsson has been scratched for the last two games, so I think he will rotate in after going 0-2-1.

After the first 30 minutes of last night's game, I was pretty certain it was going to be Cholowski. Cholowski's game is by no means perfect. His lack of strength continues to be an issue with net-front and board battles. His ice time was being cut, not just on the penalty kill. Then he has a ppg and an assist. With all the recent press about the poor powerplay as of late, that makes it a little more difficult for Blashill to sit Cholowski.

Jensen hurt his hand, but didn't miss much time with it. That may be a way for Blashill to sit him instead.

I don't see anyone else sitting, unless they wind up in a wheel chair.

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI
They could just sit Kronwall for E, they probably won't, but it makes the most sense if they want to change it up.

Cholowski has definitely been struggling defensively lately, but its best for his development to play, and we really need his offensive abilities.

Last edited:

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
Khan just posted D pairings have not changed in today's practice. I am surprised.

Last edited:

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Is Cholowski still nursing that injury that almost kept him out on Saturday? That's the only way I see him hitting the bench.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Odd man out is certainly Jensen if Ericsson is back in, though it doesn't seem like it after looking at today's practice lines.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Blashill should sit in the PB! Who cares if Cholowski isn't fully where he needs to be physically, and makes rookie mistakes here and there. He is miles better than every other defender on our team, and he has played well when over 20 minutes. If I am the coach, he is playing 20-24 minutes a night already, as I believe he does much more positive than negative, and one way to improve is to actually play, rather than playing Nick Freaking Jensen 25 minutes a night. Honestly this is a guy who should be on the bubble at best, even on our roster to play each night, not playing nearly half the game. Jensen has been better than the past couple years, but he is still an average 7th D in my opinion.

Cholowski helps drive the play and things happen when he is out there, and for a coach who is "trying" to win games, not playing your best defender, just because he is young is ridiculous. Not saying Cholowski is a #1, don't get me wrong, but even Green is well below what Cholowski brings on this team. Daley looks slower by the day, Kronwall just doesn't have it anymore, and Dekeyser is the highest paid 5-6 D in the league.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Idk, I think Green has definitely been better than Cholowski since returning. But again, what he brings to the PP and how much he needs to be on the ice will dictate our coaches decisions. It's a very easy one. He might get scratched at one point, but I only expect it for a single game to take a rest/heal up an injury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad