Prospect Info: The Premature 2020 Draft Thread

How Many Seasons Until Yaroslav Askarov is an NHL Starter?

• Ready

• 1 Season Post Draft

• 2 Seasons Post Draft

• 3 Seasons Post Draft

• 4 Seasons Post Draft

• 5 Seasons Post Draft

• More than 5 Seasons Post Draft

• Never

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
So looking at Hollands recent draft history. If he wants a forward he goes for a guy that's falling. If he wants a defender he likes to reach. So if Jack Quinn is there at 14 he probably grabs him. I hope the kid is actually legit and not just being carried by Rossi like Gagner was by Kane.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Buttons mock draft

79DC61D7-1179-41D0-8B4C-E469ADE0ADFB.jpeg

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I think Ottawa takes Drysdale at 3 and one of Stutzle or Rossi whoever Detroit doesn’t take.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Of the guys in the range, Mercer looks like the only potential right handed center option, unless you consider Jarvis a center at the next level (I don't). Someone else mentioned it earlier in this thread, but Mercer's 31st in straight up number of faceoffs won in the Q. He's over 750 attempts and sports a 52% in the faceoff circle. Potentially down the line, maybe he's a 3C option as well as a middle 6 RW option. I'm trying to justify/validate him already.

I think the thing I learned from taking a gander at the draft thoughts post-lottery from The Athletic is that Florida apparently would look at taking a defenseman thats not Drysdale/Sanderson? That would help things a bit with a forward sliding to us.

bertty

Jun 6, 2017
I doubt Red Wings will take Drysdale. They have Seider as number one RD prospect.

For me it is Dawson Mercer at 14th.

Reactions: McDoused

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Quinns position reminds me so much if Gagner. Both highly ranked because of their elite linemate

Who is Quinns elite linemate?

Also Gagner and Quinn are nothing alike.

Rossi played with two AHL calibre players while Quinn did it all by himself on the second line.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Jack Quinn is one of the oldest prospects in the draft but 52 goals is hard to ignore
Still would go with Mercer if he’s on the board
My issue with Mercer is he is more of the same for our team. He is in the mould of pretty much all our guys in th sense of, he is a playmaker. For once I would love to draft a guy who can score. If McDavid and Draisaitls wingers rather pass than shoot and McDrai have to do most of the scoring themselves than its honestly pointless. Giving 2 of the best playmakers in the league more playmakers is baffling imo.

If we draft a forward, draft a scorer.
If we draft a defender, draft a puck mover.

Reactions: Rufus Aslegard

Rufus Aslegard

Jun 15, 2019
The best dman in the draft would be picked well before our pick

i mean draft best d-man available

Should draft wallinder or drysdale

not serious about either - some player will drop to 14 and make the choice obvious

kind of like Bouchard year - the oilers had their choice of Bouchard Dobson or wahlstrom

given the deep draft - a player ranked in the top 10 now will be available at 14

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Any teams that have extra 2nd rounders that we may consider trading down with to add a 2nd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad