Prospect Info: The Premature 2020 Draft Thread

How Many Seasons Until Yaroslav Askarov is an NHL Starter?

• Ready

• 1 Season Post Draft

• 2 Seasons Post Draft

• 3 Seasons Post Draft

• 4 Seasons Post Draft

• 5 Seasons Post Draft

• More than 5 Seasons Post Draft

• Never

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I'm still hoping for Seth Jarvis. I'm happy to see HFOil warming up to him. I am big fan of his and think scouts are sleeping on him.

His production speaks for itself and good enough for 2nd in the WHL.

I'm gonna get bashed for this but I see him as a mini McDavid. He is always on the end of those high danger breakouts and uses his motor to get passed guys. Hes got great hands and isnt afraid to take the puck to the net, open up the goaltender and tuck the puck home. Obviously he isnt as good as McDavid but I think he would fit on his RW perfectly.
Scouts do overthink things. As the numbers have shown, draft highest points, often you win. Guy puts up points, scouts try and overthink that and they drop. It's silly.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Is there an actual argument to Stützle being better than Lafreniere? I haven't watched him enough to have an opinion on it. I just know that Lafreniere was in a league of his own at the WJC. Obviously he's a late birthday and has more experience but he's only 3 months older than Stützle. Don't know what to make out of it. Stützle's point totals in a men's league are pretty impressive although he only scored 7 goals in 41 games and had 0 goals at the WJC. Thoughts?

The argument I think would be that Stutzle has more of an ability to play center. His skating is obviously more dynamic. I do think that Stutzle has the potential to put up more offense than Laf. I just dont see anyone (other than maybe Yzerman) who are going to pick anyone over Laf. Laf just has such a high floor and a high ceiling. Hes a much more well rounded player. He has more intangibles. He also just has such a long track record, you pretty much know what you are going to get from him.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I'm not surprised to see that. He isn't a guy that drives play on a consistent shift-to-shift basis, but he's very opportunistic. Every time he has the puck he gets it to dangerous areas. In my opinion, that's why he has better production that someone like Connor Zary does even though he doesn't look as dominant on the ice.

That's Jarvis way at the top there.

EbPzxfBXQAAScvv

He's got brilliant hockey sense

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Does anyone have a decent explanation of Noel Gunler? His numbers are decent for an 18 year old playing in the SHL but he never got invited to any tournament play either

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I say we shut McDrai down until next season and go for the #1

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I'd be floored if only 4 dmen are taken in the 1st round.

Well to be fair its a draft rankings and not necessarily a mock draft.

Pretty sure 5-6 d-man will go in the top 20 at the very least and probably 7-8 in top 30.

That being said I think its a pretty weak draft for dman. I dont think 7-8 should be going in the first round.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
So if we win the lotto and Ottawa throws a couple of offers to us which of the following would you pick:

1. Keep the #1 pick

2. Trade down to 3OA + 5OA (Stuetzle our boy + Drysdale?)

3. Trade down to 3OA + NYI 1st + 3 x 2nds

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
So if we win the lotto and Ottawa throws a couple of offers to us which of the following would you pick:

1. Keep the #1 pick

Trade it for #3 + Brady Tkachuk.

I'd like to see Tkachuk vs. Tkachuk in the BOA.

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012

1. Keep the #1 pick

My instinct would be to keep it and take Lafreniere. Trading from 1 to 3/5 would require something like this to guarantee that LA and Detroit don't take the guys the scouts want.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011

1. Keep the #1 pick

I think I’d just keep it. Lafreniere is that good.

orangeshinpads

Jan 27, 2007
Vancouver

1. Keep the #1 pick

#2 all day long. Two huge prospects is much better than one which is likely somewhat better. Give each of the two guys 70 cents on Lafreniere's dollar and you have $1.40.

McJesusSaves97

I see the light
May 17, 2015
Cowtown: Behind Enemy Lines

1. Keep the #1 pick

I don't think there is a bad choice here...
#1 We get Lafreniere to play with McDavid
#2 We get Stutzle + Drysdale
#3 We could end up with something like Stutzle(3), Bourque(21), Grans(33), Chromiak(46), Evangelista(52) (just an example, don't roast me lol) This would give us an amazing prospect pool.

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba

1. Keep the #1 pick

Brady Tkachuk would have to be part of the deal for me to think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad