Post-Game Talk (GBU): The powerless play

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
There is zero reason to play into this absurd narrative.

Maybe some people do this, but there’s zero psychological damage protection needed to think this team would struggle this year.

If you have a brain and watched the nhl for more than a season or two, it’s not difficult to see a team relying on rookies for enormous production would be a problem. It wasn’t difficult to know that Housley wouldn’t do us any favors, since he didn’t do any last year.

I don’t know why some people think this general attack on posters mental well being to justify their opinions is acceptable, but it needs to stop.

Particularly when the “reality” point of view is backed up by, ya know, reality.

Now why you have a poster of naked Reinhart over your bed, that is a totally valid concern...
What makes you think my post was an attack on anyones mental well being? If you find enjoyment in aggressively assaulting the boards with over-the-top sky is falling-level negativity with every trade, and every training camp cut, and every loss, more power to you. I don't get it... probably never will. But I may take little jabs (or throw haymakers) from time to time. ;)

Also, I've been saying this entire time this wasn't going to be our year. I know full well the reality of the situation. Is it blind faith to believe progress can happen though? Is that not "reality"? Because if you think no players can improve, guys can't click past game 4, Hutton/Ullmark can't surprise us, and some good can't come out of this season... then I question your view of reality.

Last edited:

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
What makes you think my post was an attack on anyones mental well being? If you find enjoyment in aggressively assaulting the boards with over-the-top sky is falling-level negativity with every trade, and every training camp cut, and every loss, more power to you. I don't get it... probably never will. But I may take little jabs (or throw haymakers) from time to time. ;)

Also, I've been saying this entire time this wasn't going to be our year. I know full well the reality of the situation. Is it blind faith to believe progress can happen though? Is that not "reality"? Because if you think no players can improve, no guys can click past game 4, Hutton/Ullmark can't surprise us, and some good can't come out of this season... then I question your view of reality.

This is boring. You have repetitively posted about how anyone who criticizes the team is negative. It’s like 9/10 of your posts, and if it’s not that, it’s you complaining that the team makes it hard for you to be the only hero that is positive.

Try anything new. Please, we all beg of you. Because pretty much everyone has lots of positive and negative to say. Which makes sense since they are .500

I literally have no idea who the imaginary poster is, who you think says no one can improve and literally every part of the team is irredeemable. That is only happening in your mind.

Enjoy Dahlin and stop pestering everyone with this childlike repetition.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Enjoy Dahlin and stop pestering everyone with this childlike repetition.
I know, right? It's kinda like when you repetitively drag an argument around so often and for so long that new threads need to be made and posts constantly need to be moved to the appropriate places to keep the whole place from spiraling out of control. Crazy, I know. But can you imagine? Thankfully that hasn't happened several times.

Oh, by the way... did you see the new ROR trade thread? Didn't that trade make you so mad? I know, me too. Wish we had a place to talk about how bad Housley and Botteril are though. Sigh...

Last edited:

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Eichel needs to put in the effort to create a two way game. The kid is all offense and needs to develop better defensive habits. If he does that, atleast his teammates will then have someone to follow. Ristolainen isn't a great idol for younger defensive talent like Dahlin either.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Eichel needs to put in the effort to create a two way game. The kid is all offense and needs to develop better defensive habits. If he does that, atleast his teammates will then have someone to follow. Ristolainen isn't a great idol for younger defensive talent like Dahlin either.
That take is about as informative as Stevie Wonder's take on the Mona Lisa. You are either 1) repeating a worn out line 2) not actually watching the games or 3) watching and unable to see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->