The Powerball lotto

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Today someone from my own Staten Island won the entire $245 million dollar powerball. I saw the story last night in our local paper and when I saw the winning ticket was purchased at the same location that I randomly purchased my lotto tickets this week this surreal feeling wash over me as I walked upstairs to retrieve my ticket. I was so numb I didn't even feel my feet touch the floor. Sadly I didn't win....I didnt' even get a single number. I started with the Powerball and once I saw that I didn't have that the dream was dashed. But, for a few moments, I experienced something I will most likely never experience again. That's the closest I ever came to winning. While I didn't win anything I am not disappointed by it. Just those few moments of knowing I had a real chance of winning is oddly satisfying. It would have been a great story too. I had a couple of hours to kill before an appointment so I grabbed breakfast and went to the beach. I decided to leave because I had to pee. I stopped at that Stop and Shop because I knew they had a bathroom and decided to buy some lotto tickets completely at random. All that was going through my mind when I went to retrieve the tickets. It would have been perfect but wasn't meant to be.

Like the saying goes, Ya' never know.

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
Gambling is degenerate and most lotto winners end up broke, you may as well burn your money.

Jiminy Cricket

#TeamMeat
Mar 9, 2014
Today someone from my own Staten Island won the entire $245 million dollar powerball. I saw the story last night in our local paper and when I saw the winning ticket was purchased at the same location that I randomly purchased my lotto tickets this week this surreal feeling wash over me as I walked upstairs to retrieve my ticket. I was so numb I didn't even feel my feet touch the floor. Sadly I didn't win....I didnt' even get a single number. I started with the Powerball and once I saw that I didn't have that the dream was dashed. But, for a few moments, I experienced something I will most likely never experience again. That's the closest I ever came to winning. While I didn't win anything I am not disappointed by it. Just those few moments of knowing I had a real chance of winning is oddly satisfying. It would have been a great story too. I had a couple of hours to kill before an appointment so I grabbed breakfast and went to the beach. I decided to leave because I had to pee. I stopped at that Stop and Shop because I knew they had a bathroom and decided to buy some lotto tickets completely at random. All that was going through my mind when I went to retrieve the tickets. It would have been perfect but wasn't meant to be.

Great Story! Here is some Tip`s on winning the Lotto. I`ve won over $33 million Dollar`s but it`s just a Hobby for me. Goodluck! :cheers:

Jiminy Cricket

#TeamMeat
Mar 9, 2014
I remember my first lottery ticket purchase back in 1988, when the Powerball was first introduced in my state. I almost couldn't breathe when the cashier handed me the slip. The grand prize was $150, or about $385,000 in today's money -- more than enough to pay off my mortgage. I was curled up in the fetal position for several hours in anticipation of the drawing. One after another, the numbers popped up. I didn't hit a single one. I was devastated. I lost the house, my wife, and my kids. It just wasn't meant to be. Still, it was one of the most thrilling experiences of my life and something I will never forget.

Fast forward to today, and I'm a multi-billion dollar success with countless yachts, mansions, girlfriends, etc. It just goes to show you should keep on playing, and never give up. :cheers:

Jiminy Cricket

#TeamMeat
Mar 9, 2014

Still thinking about this. To think that you were only six numbers away from winning sends shivers down my spine. Just knowing that someone had that experience of owning a Powerball ticket is surreal.

Thank you so much for sharing.

Reactions: H3ckt1k

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
Lottery tickets = the idiot tax

i mean, that's a pretty gross generalization.

If somebody gets $5-10 of fun out of it every week, that's scratch value. It was worth it to them. It's no different than going to the movies (which can regularly cost $15+ these days per ticket), or buying expensive shoes, or getting a large size upgrade at mcdonalds.

If they enjoy the participation and excitement, that middling ticket cost is hardly an enormous deal. Perceived value is all subjective. You can't call someone an idiot for enjoying the game.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land

If somebody gets $5-10 of fun out of it every week, that's scratch value. It was worth it to them. It's no different than going to the movies (which can regularly cost $15+ these days per ticket), or buying expensive shoes, or getting a large size upgrade at mcdonalds.

If they enjoy the participation and excitement, that middling ticket cost is hardly an enormous deal. Perceived value is all subjective. You can't call someone an idiot for enjoying the game.

It's my gambling money. And trust me doing that is a lot better than me going to Vegas.

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
Still thinking about this. To think that you were only six numbers away from winning sends shivers down my spine. Just knowing that someone had that experience of owning a Powerball ticket is surreal.

Thank you so much for sharing.
rofl

Jiminy Cricket

#TeamMeat
Mar 9, 2014

Only A idiot would be entertain`d by An piece of Paper with Numeral`s on it. :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland

Was the winner an employee of that store ? lol

Bumpus

Shhh ...
Mar 4, 2008
WV
So, the closest you've ever come to winning was utter failure? (Not a single number)

Mom must be so proud.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->