The Power Play

Tavares2TheRescue

#JreeFroadwayBay
Feb 6, 2010
Champaign, IL/LI, NY
Also I guess you didn't bother to look up the rest of our defenseman's shooting %?

In the Montreal game this weekend, we had a 4 on 1, puck got dropped back to Strait, and he took a slapshot from the middle of the circles, missing the net and blowing a golden opportunity.

Yup, I'll continue to roll with Amac. I don't think hes a great PPqb, but he's currently our best option.

Hamonic hits the net 57.5% of the time
Ness hits the net 45.8% of the time
Hickey hits the net 42.6% of the time
Donovan hit the net 44.1% of the time
Strait hits the net 56.3% of the time
Visnovsky 45.8% of the time
Hell, even Carkner hits the net 58.3% of the time

The only defenseman that has a greater percentage of his shots blocked or missed than Andrew MacDonald is Radek Martinek, and he's only played 10 games.

MJP

Jul 27, 2009
ny
Hamonic hits the net 57.5% of the time
Ness hits the net 45.8% of the time
Hickey hits the net 42.6% of the time
Donovan hit the net 44.1% of the time
Strait hits the net 56.3% of the time
Visnovsky 45.8% of the time
Hell, even Carkner hits the net 58.3% of the time

The only defenseman that has a greater percentage of his shots blocked or missed than Andrew MacDonald is Radek Martinek, and he's only played 10 games.

And what is MacDonald's? A guy who im sure has taken more shots than everyone besides probably Hammer, b/c like I said earlier Hammer thinks hes Bobby Orr out there.

Also if we reallly want to get into stats, we can look at offensive point shares, an estimate of the number of points contributed by a player.

Hamonic OPS -0.2
Ness OPS 0.1
Hickey OPS -0.2
Donovan 0.2
MacDonald 0.6
The others aren't relative.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Are you serious? He is a third liner who hits the goalie in the chest on breakaways.
DeHaan it is. Someone get the word to the Three Stooges!

I am serious. Grabner has scored 34 goals in a season. De Haan? With all due respect, why do I want to see De Haan on the Powerplay? He's barely made noise in the AHL. All fu*k ups aside, Grabner made a beautiful play tonight, stealing the puck, banking it and setting Fransy up for the goal. I presume that was all luck....

Can't deny Grabner is struggling but he has a skill set that can be beneficial to this team if he's given the opportunity to use it. I hope you were being sarcastic, Your stating he is a third liner, and why is this a valid argument? He is a third liner, under Jack Capuano,one of the worst coaches this league has ever seen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad