The Power Play

Paulinho

No Man's Sky
Jun 8, 2003
Earth
Why does Tavares play on the left board on the PP? It renders his incredible one timer useless. This is infuriating and makes no sense what so ever. Can some one explain it to me?

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011
Even when our PP was 1st in the league I knew it was just a matter of time before it fell to the bottom.
It doesnt make any sense to me at all.

I get heartburn just thinking about it.

Paulinho

No Man's Sky
Jun 8, 2003
Earth
He was on the right side during our second PP tonight but that has not been the norm. Hopefully Doug Weight is reading the boards and decided to stop reinventing the wheel.

MJP

Jul 27, 2009
ny
He was on the right side during our second PP tonight but that has not been the norm. Hopefully Doug Weight is reading the boards and decided to stop reinventing the wheel.

He's been on the right side every single power play we've had this season

Paulinho

No Man's Sky
Jun 8, 2003
Earth
Bump, Doug Weights insistance on having Tavares on the left side scares me. This is our next head coach... I do dig that we are running the umbrella even if MacDonald is completely in over his head but Tavares and Nielsen have to be flipped. We don't have a quick one timer on either side. MacDonald, Tavares and Nielsen just pass it back and fourth until one of them finally decides to take a bad shot. It makes no sense what so ever.

islescoop

Jul 24, 2011
JT on the left

I agree with the original post. I also was wondering why JT is on the left side. The PP in my opinon has looked great , but yet we're not scoring. I accidentally taped the Kings broadcast last night and they raved about our puck movement, but the final pass is always a hair off or not getting the bounce.

It looks like the strategy is to start him on the left, but then shift during the play to rotate to the right, which is what has happened almost every time we get consistent O'zone time during the PP.

Paulinho

No Man's Sky
Jun 8, 2003
Earth
I agree with the original post. I also was wondering why JT is on the left side. The PP in my opinon has looked great , but yet we're not scoring. I accidentally taped the Kings broadcast last night and they raved about our puck movement, but the final pass is always a hair off or not getting the bounce.

It looks like the strategy is to start him on the left, but then shift during the play to rotate to the right, which is what has happened almost every time we get consistent O'zone time during the PP.

Pretty much and if all goes well and we win a face off big if and we control the puck and set up and we move it around and Tavares manages to switch over to the right side how much time left does he have to get set up in his prime scoring area or office if you will? 15 seconds?

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011
How to make the PP better...

1) Take AMac off the PP right now
2) Use KO on the left point next to either Donovan or Hickey on the right
3) Use Nielsen on the wall, JT down-low and Vanek in the slot

2nd unit
1) Hammer and either Donovan/Hickey at the points
2) Bailey on the wall, Grabner in the slot and Nelson down-low

Done

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008

puck movement without shots and rebounds is just as effective as a great kings penalty kill?!?!

PMB-Nielsen-Bailey - amazing at passing around the perimeter. Useless.

JT on the left side isn't a problem in and of itself, as long as you have a lefty shooter on the opposing wing or slot. But we DON'T have that. We have another passer, Frans, on the opposite wing. It's ASSININE! (that's not a spelling mistake)

Nothing wrong with creating movement and rotation but JT on that side with the only option being MacDonald on the point or Neslon/Vanek down low (not in scoring position) is just stupid.

Snapshotgoal

Feb 17, 2013
Tampa FL
Not being a jerk but I really think you're wrong about this

Sometimes it amazes me if anyone watches the games.

The original poster is right. He has been playing the left and I can't understand what our coaches are trying to accomplish.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad