Series Talk: The Post-TDL Favorite to win the SC is ...

The Post-TDL Favorite to win the SC is ...

• New York Rangers

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Edmonton

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Florida

Votes: 18 54.5%
  • Colorado

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Carolina

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Dallas

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Vegas

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Boston

• Toronto

• Vancouver

• Winnipeg

• Los Angeles Kings

• Total voters

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Has to be the Panthers. SCF appearance last year. Core is back and got big additions at the deadline. Path out of the East much much much cleaner than out of the West.

That said, it's a wide open field. Edmonton could get hot and Skinner could be OK enough. Colorado is a sleeping giant that apparently might have Landeskog back. Dallas somehow forgotten. Defending champs added a 1C and top pair d at the deadline. Carolina has been around enough that they just need a break to break through. And ofc NYR is in there too.

Then you've got teams who probably aren't "contenders" outright but who could easily make a run: Vancouver, Boston, Toronto, and Winnipeg for me in this category.

NYR are maybe fortunate that the Metro looks like the weakest division this year. But part of that is NYR not exactly looking like the beast of the east.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Gun to my head I would say Florida but there are 8 teams that have a legit shot to win it if things break right and one of them is the Rangers. By that I mean, getting hot at the right time, goaltending, lack of injuries, puck luck. Too many variables in hockey to know who is going to win 16 games. Who thought Florida who barely squeaked in was going to make it to the finals?

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Went with Colorado. Really liked all their moves and they still have one big one potentially in the holster with Landeskog.

Georgiev is the one concern, but they've got everything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad