The possibilities of the Canucks offer sheeting Benn or ROR

Seatoo

Never Stop Poasting
Oct 19, 2012
Okanagan
Sounds so easy. Could probably get it done with a couple dozen clicks of your xbox controller.

If you notice, I don't have anything coming back for them. Call booth and Ballard buyouts if you want and futures for Luongo. It's entirely feasible no need to act all butt hurt about it.

you want to give ROR 6.55?

No not really, just put it on as an example.

Steve Bennett*

Who is ror? You mean former near all-star??....

Rory+Fitzpatrick+American+Idol+Blog+Post.JPG

MarkMM

Jan 30, 2010
Delta, BC
Sounds so easy. Could probably get it done with a couple dozen clicks of your xbox controller.

Where exactly is the implausible part of his proposal? Not re-signing players is not a challenging thing to do, Ballard and Booth could be traded even for picks/low-end prospects if we were highly motivated (and if absolutely necessary, buy-outs are possible, we do have two and if ownership believed it was needed to bring in the right roster and there was no other way...but that's moot because we'd find some takers as long as we aren't greedy) and Luongo's going to be traded regardless.

I'm not too wild on some of the not yet ripe prospects being given roles (Connauton and Mallet) but you could substitute cheap players there if you were really worried. I personally wouldn't do it because I think that ties up too much and hurts our depth, but there's nothing particularly tough do do in his proposal.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
ROR is worth the draft picks, not 4 first round picks but I would easily give a 1st, a 2nd and whatever else

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I won't comment on Benn but $6-7M/yr for O'Reilly is just ridiculous. I doubt any team would even give him $5M/yr after one good season in the NHL and this is coming from one of his biggest fans.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
I think he's easily worth 5M

I think your fanbase have every right to be pissed off and believe he should not command that type of money as a RFA though.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I think he's easily worth 5M

I think your fanbase have every right to be pissed off and believe he should not command that type of money as a RFA though.

I think 5m is even a stretch, Dustin Brown is not even at 4m.

Giving a player like ROR 5m after one good season, is how teams screw up their cap.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
He's probably staying the whole year in the K otherwise I would have said we'll see how he performs this season.

He and Landeskog were by far the best forwardsfor the Avs last season. He is already underrated outside Colorado but even there they have right to justify why he isn't worth 5M. Had he signed what was fair there would be arguments why he IS a player of that calibre. It is also not a very good example to use good players with good existing contracts like Brown... Of course Brown is worth more than 4

It's all opinion with some projection. I can see him as the type of player that can be in the discussion for the Selke.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Ryan O'Reily is already one of the best young players in the world. I was reading an article on advanced stats recently and ROR is already among names like Datsyuk and Thornton in terms of statistical output. I doubt the Avs would trade in the conference but ROR is exactly the sort of player that the Canucks need.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
Obviously we would all love to have one of these players on our roster, now more than ever. What would you people think about offering a 1 or 2 year deal worth 6-7M AAV?

So, you'd give up a bushel of draft picks to get Benn for one season?

lush

@jasonlush
Sep 9, 2008
Vancouver
CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alex Burrows ($4.500m)
Nicklas Jensen ($0.894m) / Ryan O'Reilly ($6.551m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m)
Chris Higgins ($2.250m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.250m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)
Aaron Volpatti ($0.600m) / Alexandre Mallet ($0.925m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)
Dale Weise ($0.615m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)
Jason Garrison ($4.600m) / Alex Edler ($5.000m)
Kevin Connauton ($1.250m) / Chris Tanev ($1.250m)
Yann Sauve ($0.875m) / Derek Joslin ($0.700m)
GOALTENDERS
Cory Schneider ($4.000m)
Eddie Lack ($0.750m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,529,667; BONUSES: $395,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $165,333

thoughts?

o'Reilly making more than the Sedins?!

Seatoo

Never Stop Poasting
Oct 19, 2012
Okanagan
So, you'd give up a bushel of draft picks to get Benn for one season?

And the next season he is an RFA so its not like if we signed Semin for one year @ a crazy caphit.

But yes I would give the 4 1st round picks for Benn in a heartbeat.

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Ryan O'Reily is already one of the best young players in the world. I was reading an article on advanced stats recently and ROR is already among names like Datsyuk and Thornton in terms of statistical output. I doubt the Avs would trade in the conference but ROR is exactly the sort of player that the Canucks need.
Was hoping we drafted him instead of Schroeder. Screamed at tv

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008
Jensen-Benn-Kassian is mmmmuuuucccchhhhh better, and if Benn signed a 5 year deal similar to Keslers I would do it in a second. But I doubt Kesler waives his NTC

That works too :D.

Wow. I don't think so. No. No. No. I would love to get a hold of either player but Kesler and a 1st would be a steep price to pay.

If you include Kesler's injury problems I think the only way to convince Dallas to trade Benn is to overpay.

Benn is going to be a better player than Kesler. In fact, I think he already is. Not to mention I think his playstyle fits our needs better.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Benn is exactly the player you want for Kesler. Playmaking natural winger who plays well as a center for when there's injuries in the top 6. Pay what it takes to get Benn then dump Booth.

ROR isn't a fit with the Canucks. He's very much a nice to have, but the Canucks aren't a good fit for him (goes from a logjam where he has to fight to be a top 6 center to being behind a logjam, essentially guaranteed to be a third line center).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad