The Positivity Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Well, my youngest son and I are nearing the end of our Jets-Preds table hockey playoff series, and -- SPOILER ALRERT -- it's looking pretty good for the home team. Of course, it helps when your D are on rods and can't blow pinches or get trapped behind the opposing team's goalie, and your centre always has a clear lane to the net. Go Stiga Jets Go!

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Something else that belongs in this thread is the fans who gather for the whiteout parties. I'm so proud of these people that we can go downtown, be packed into a relatively small area (that is not small in reality), serve alcohol, watch a very competitive sporting event, and you can still feel comfortable bringing kids and knowing you are safe.

Just a great time with everyone having fun and being respectful. I love how it looks to the rest of the world.

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
Think I'm gonna hang out here for the game if anyone wants to join.

I frankly can't stand the bitching and complaining about Hendricks being in the line up on a night that these players have a chance to send our franchise to the conference finals for the first time in history with 30 degree weather for the 30,000 fans who are enjoying the biggest party this town has ever seen.

Great day to be a Jets fan.

Reactions: Georgetown Al

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

I frankly can't stand the *****ing and complaining about Hendricks being in the line up on a night that these players have a chance to send our franchise to the conference finals for the first time in history with 30 degree weather for the 30,000 fans who are enjoying the biggest party this town has ever seen.

Yeah I much prefer upbeat and enjoy the moment on a night like this over spending a mid 20's C night with a chance at the Conference finals complaining on the internet. But I think we see Little in tonight so in about 20 mins when they go out for warm up the GDT should focus back in on the game.

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada

I frankly can't stand the *****ing and complaining about Hendricks being in the line up on a night that these players have a chance to send our franchise to the conference finals for the first time in history with 30 degree weather for the 30,000 fans who are enjoying the biggest party this town has ever seen.

Wish I read this earlier, although in honesty I wouldn't have been able to join you much since I wasn't able to stay up for much of the game. The GDT was definitely getting a bit spicy before the game and after seeing the result this morning I didn't even venture in there.

It interesting because I started this threat precisely because of the atmosphere in GDT earlier in the season. Seems some ugliness has reared its ugly head again now that Jets have exceeded all expectations and a new set of expectations have now emerged.

Win or lose on Thursday, I'm incredibly proud of this Jets team and how they progressed. The future is awful bright too ... the great majority of the players on our roster are not at their peaks yet. Many of them are not even close to their peak, and we've been going blow-for-blow with the President's Trophy winners. No shame if we lose ... BUT ... I think it's a bit early yet to be talking about "moral victories". Jets have responded great from losses all year long and throughout this series. Maybe the pressure to win at home (I think they really, really wanted to give the fans the season clinch at home -- their failure to do so had nothing to do with lack of effort or desire) was a bit much, or maybe it's just two really strong teams going at it in a ridiculously even series trading wins. Either way, no one has been able to string two wins in a row together and the Jets definitely have it in them to win. It will be a great battle either way I hope.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Wish I read this earlier, although in honesty I wouldn't have been able to join you much since I wasn't able to stay up for much of the game. The GDT was definitely getting a bit spicy before the game and after seeing the result this morning I didn't even venture in there.

It interesting because I started this threat precisely because of the atmosphere in GDT earlier in the season. Seems some ugliness has reared its ugly head again now that Jets have exceeded all expectations and a new set of expectations have now emerged.

Win or lose on Thursday, I'm incredibly proud of this Jets team and how they progressed. The future is awful bright too ... the great majority of the players on our roster are not at their peaks yet. Many of them are not even close to their peak, and we've been going blow-for-blow with the President's Trophy winners. No shame if we lose ... BUT ... I think it's a bit early yet to be talking about "moral victories". Jets have responded great from losses all year long and throughout this series. Maybe the pressure to win at home (I think they really, really wanted to give the fans the season clinch at home -- their failure to do so had nothing to do with lack of effort or desire) was a bit much, or maybe it's just two really strong teams going at it in a ridiculously even series trading wins. Either way, no one has been able to string two wins in a row together and the Jets definitely have it in them to win. It will be a great battle either way I hope.
One of the most true statements ever made around here. Also a ton of props for creating this thread. Up there with the best ideas I've seen. Something so simple as a place where you can only say positive things. Well done.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
It is nice to finally be vindicated about this team.....I have been telling friends, family etc how good the Jets are for the last couple of years and each time they failed for some reason and I was like "damn am I wrong about this team, it seems good on paper but they just can't get there". For whatever reason they clicked this year and skipped a bunch pages on the development handbook. Bowing out in game 7 against the Preds would suck immensely but the team still deserves a standing ovation no matter what for making the playoffs and smashing Minny like they were supposed to.

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
We accomplished a lot this year and I'm super proud of this team and the fans

The fans chanting "Jets in seven" at the end of game 6 deserves special props. That's really impressive to me and really shows the quality of our fans.

It is nice to finally be vindicated about this team.....I have been telling friends, family etc how good the Jets are for the last couple of years and each time they failed for some reason and I was like "damn am I wrong about this team, it seems good on paper but they just can't get there". For whatever reason they clicked this year and skipped a bunch pages on the development handbook. Bowing out in game 7 against the Preds would suck immensely but the team still deserves a standing ovation no matter what for making the playoffs and smashing Minny like they were supposed to.

Similar for me, friend. My dad wasn't going to renew his season's tickets after 2016/17 but I talked him into keeping them. My optimism about where this team was going was finally proved right. He was just saying to me a few weeks ago he's now sure glad he listened to me.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Regardless of what transpires tonight, this has been the most entertaining season of hockey in my 46 years of existence, with what is easily the most skilled NHL team this city has iced.

The 84/85 season was the closest comparison, but realistically, that team did not have the potential of this roster and was easily dismantled by the Oilers 4 straight in the 2nd round. The 84/85 team was more of a finished product, while this year's roster is extremely young, with a high ceiling of potential. Our best hockey, our best team is still a couple of seasons out. What will we look like with a 24 year old Laine, Ehlers and Connor hitting their prime years along with Morrissey and Trouba.

Its going to be a tough hill to climb tonight, but we can definitely pull this off. This team has had a propensity for recovering from bad losses, rising up when you think things are going south. If we can play to our full potential tonight, I feel we are the better team and will win, but having a young team max its potential under the most stressful of situations, will be a tall task.

Whatever the result tonight, a 52 win season, 2nd best team in the entire league, a 1st round victory and taking the defending conference champs, and the number 1 team in the league to a game 7 is an amazing season, and a nice baseline to measure the next season against.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Regardless of what transpires tonight, this has been the most entertaining season of hockey in my 46 years of existence, with what is easily the most skilled NHL team this city has iced.

The 84/85 season was the closest comparison, but realistically, that team did not have the potential of this roster and was easily dismantled by the Oilers 4 straight in the 2nd round. The 84/85 team was more of a finished product, while this year's roster is extremely young, with a high ceiling of potential. Our best hockey, our best team is still a couple of seasons out. What will we look like with a 24 year old Laine, Ehlers and Connor hitting their prime years along with Morrissey and Trouba.

Its going to be a tough hill to climb tonight, but we can definitely pull this off. This team has had a propensity for recovering from bad losses, rising up when you think things are going south. If we can play to our full potential tonight, I feel we are the better team and will win, but having a young team max its potential under the most stressful of situations, will be a tall task.

Whatever the result tonight, a 52 win season, 2nd best team in the entire league, a 1st round victory and taking the defending conference champs, and the number 1 team in the league to a game 7 is an amazing season, and a nice baseline to measure the next season against.

Great post. We've already exceeded expectations, and we're just freerolling at this point. Nothin' but gravy.

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
I hope the boys play loose tonight. f*** it. Win with a high tempo free flying all out assault and rely on Helle to do what it takes or go down guns blazing.

f*** the trap, Nashville knows it can't play a skill game against them.

At the start of the season everyone had Nashville in the cup and the Jets out of the Playoffs, I had to listen to months of Toth and Westy try and figure out who wasn't going to make the PO if we were getting in. What a dumb way to look at it.

Reactions: YWGinYYZ

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Screen-Shot-2018-05-11-at-12.05.44-AM.png

it feels so good

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Great post. We've already exceeded expectations, and we're just freerolling at this point. Nothin' but gravy.

Given that I'm now positive we're in the semi-finals :D looks like my fat ass will be ladling a little more of that gravy on my poutine :) now we taking our freeroll to the land of freerolls :)

Krauser

Oct 3, 2017
Jets record since the bye week in January, including playoffs:
35-11-3 (.745), goal differential +48

31 of those 49 games were against playoff teams.

10 games were against the Nashville Predators -- Jets won 5, lost 5.

Jets record against the rest of the NHL over that span:
30-6-3 (.808 -- a 132 point pace), goal differential +42

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Jets record since the bye week in January, including playoffs:
35-11-3 (.745), goal differential +48

31 of those 49 games were against playoff teams.

10 games were against the Nashville Predators -- Jets won 5, lost 5.

Jets record against the rest of the NHL over that span:
30-6-3 (.808 -- a 132 point pace), goal differential +42

Our D is playing better than they have all year. Buff's offence, even Myers D is improving.
JoMo is always very good/great it seems and Tuba was a beast last night.

But dang it all those are gaudy numbers.:eek::D:cool::nod:

Krauser

Oct 3, 2017
The Jets haven't lost a home game to a non-Nashville team since Feb 20, when the Kings beat them 4-3.

In 25 games since Feb 23 against teams other than the Predators, the complete list of Jets losses:
* Flyers 2-1 Jets in PHI
* Capitals 3-2 Jets (OT) in WAS
* Blackhawks 6-2 Jets in CHI
* Wild 6-2 Jets in MIN

The snow travel game in St Paul, the Eric Comrie vs the accountant game in Chicago, and 2 close road losses to playoff teams.

The Jets are 12-0 at home during that span, when not playing the Predators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad