HF Habs: The Positivity Thread (Part II)...

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Wouldn't be surprised if a few of those draft picks are traded, especially for future draft picks.

The draft was supposed to be in town and I'm sure they wanted to make some noise. Maybe they will get next year's draft. More then that though, how do you sign all those players? Good to have a cache going forward, gives more flexibility in making trades.

Next year is in Seattle for the expansion draft and universal draft. Montreal was promised they would get the year after as a mulligan.

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Next year is in Seattle for the expansion draft and universal draft. Montreal was promised they would get the year after as a mulligan.
Remember hearing that about Seattle. Seems like everything would be in pencil at this point. I just believe drafting 14 players means that several won`t be signed down the road.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Aouch the positivity thread only had 6 pages over the last 2 years? Let's add on to it:

• More real/legit prospects coming in. There's gonna be a slight adjustment, but I'm hopeful to see Laval becoming a legit playoff team, if not a contender (make it a positive atmosphere for the prospects!)
  • Contracts expired: Weise, a bunch of scrubs
  • Bad Contracts countdown: Byron, Alzner, Weal, Kulak
  • Lots of draft picks ! Always useful in a rebuild (oops, re-tool :sarcasm:)

Reactions: Scriptor

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Habs always seem to over achieve when they get counted out.

If a few forwards who've shown flashes can all get going in the playoffs (Domi, Drouin, Kotka, Suzuki) then it helps our case.

Murray's played like trash before and Jarry's pretty inexperienced. If the Pens goaltending implodes it helps our case as well.

And obviously Carey will play a big role. I don't think he's been at his best the last two years, but we at least know he has the talent to potentially steal a game or two out of three.

Forgetting entirely about draft picks for just a second, I'm excited for some of these guys to potentially seize the moment and run with it.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

If a few forwards who've shown flashes can all get going in the playoffs (Domi, Drouin, Kotka, Suzuki) then it helps our case.

Murray's played like trash before and Jarry's pretty inexperienced. If the Pens goaltending implodes it helps our case as well.

And obviously Carey will play a big role. I don't think he's been at his best the last two years, but we at least know he has the talent to potentially steal a game or two out of three.

Forgetting entirely about draft picks for just a second, I'm excited for some of these guys to potentially seize the moment and run with it.

We will be neck and neck with them 5/5. How will goaltending and PowerPlays go? :dunno:. If Price plays very well and our we score on our PP? This might go 5 games and wait for the shit show at that point

Reactions: Canadienna

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

I'm so geared towards getting Laf it's not even funny YET I agree with everything about this post.

Hockey playoffs always have upsets. Despite being so hopelessly mediocre these last almost 30 years we've had a few decent runs, comebacks and upsets. It seems like we're always capable of a surprise or two. This is not in the bag for us (for those who want a loss).

If there was a playoff where ANYTHING can happen, it's this one. A well wrested Suzuki, a more physically mature KK could very well be fun to watch. If D&D are on their game, we're nowhere near lacking as much skill as many think we are. Those 2 are pretty close to being top talents (I'm talking about pure talent wise. Domi a bit less so but he's close imo). It's all about consistency and which version of either of these guys we'll get. Plus you have Tatar, Gally, Armia, Danault. Byron could shake it off and I think people forget how rock solid our forward depth is.

The D is where it gets shakey but again this rest is PERFECT for Weber (not so good for our Laf hopes). A couple kids could still surprise like Fleury and Juulsen and actually plug a hole or two.

I love that the Pens seem to be especially stacked now from what I hear. Ultimately it would be nice to just lose but look good doing it. have some kids play well and surprise. But I'm 100% trying to emotionally prepare for a win because I know I'm going to be really mad.

Getting Laf would change EVERYTHING. We could easily have a very dynamic team in a year or two without being overtly optimistic. Our prospect pool/young player group is only lacking a sure fire superstar. Laf to me is that. Obviously we'd love a sure fire #1D but our D prospects are many and of a decent enough calibre where we could be in really good shape back there.

Reactions: Canadienna

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
With return of Koktaniemi from Joel in Laval. Along with Suzuki maturing this season, made us good team. Strong down the middle. They only 20, should get even better. Make Danault third line center someday. Team be even better.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Aouch the positivity thread only had 6 pages over the last 2 years? Let's add on to it:

• More real/legit prospects coming in. There's gonna be a slight adjustment, but I'm hopeful to see Laval becoming a legit playoff team, if not a contender (make it a positive atmosphere for the prospects!)
  • Contracts expired: Weise, a bunch of scrubs
  • Bad Contracts countdown: Byron, Alzner, Weal, Kulak
  • Lots of draft picks ! Always useful in a rebuild (oops, re-tool :sarcasm:)
Strong farm system, team making tons of cash, more picks in this draft than any other team, team has 10 million in cap room. Development of Suzuki, Koktaniemi is back. Those things make future bright.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Strong farm system, team making tons of cash, more picks in this draft than any other team, team has 10 million in cap room. Development of Suzuki, Koktaniemi is back. Those things make future bright.

Suzuki is by far the biggest bright spot. The fact that at 20, Julien uses him everywhere (PK, PP, 5ys5) is very telling. Let's not kid ourselves though the game from yesterday we were overpowered a lot by Pit!

Reactions: angusyoung

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Is this the positivity thread?...

Fantastic we positively have to take the chance of drafting 1st overall. :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad