The Poker Thread

flyguy

Sean Cubeturier
Dec 28, 2004
Anchorage, Alaska
Can't believe I stayed up to watch all of that. That was really good poker.

Felt Cynn could have ended it many times in matching Miles' level aggression at points, but his game was caution, which was evident even in the last hand when not many hands could have beat his.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I really am starting to question how it is I can be losing so many all-ins when I'm mathematically ahead

I play 9 sit-n-go tournaments at once on Polerstars, and during my last session here's the hands I lost with (keep in mind we're all in preflop):

AK vs A7 suited. 7 on the flop and just for good measure he rivered a flush
1010 vs 66. Flopped a 6
QQ vs AJ. Queen on the river to give him a straight
A10 vs A9. 9 on the flop
A10 vs KJ. Jack on the river
A6 suited vs 89. 8 on the flop

I know in some of these hands I'm not a huge favorite, but to lose 6 or 7 times in a row after getting it in as a favorite is becoming so routine at this point, it would be laughable if it wasn't costing me money

It's gotten so bad that I've considered setting up a camera and recording my sessions just to be able to show people that I'm not exaggerating

It's just been nonstop for months now

Last edited:

ChiTownPhilly

Not Too Soft
Feb 23, 2010
AnyWorld/I'mWelcomeTo
It's gotten so bad that I've considered setting up a camera and recording my sessions just to be able to show people that I'm not exaggerating.
Right idea! Wrong motivation(!) Record your play for the purpose of self-assessment, not to compose a "suck-out" chronicle.

Maybe you're going all-in pre-flop a little too often, perhaps(?)

Conclude with the obvious- don't let your bankroll get away from you- step away and clear your mind, if you have to.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Right idea! Wrong motivation(!) Record your play for the purpose of self-assessment, not to compose a "suck-out" chronicle.

Maybe you're going all-in pre-flop a little too often, perhaps(?)

Conclude with the obvious- don't let your bankroll get away from you- step away and clear your mind, if you have to.

If you read post #17 in this thread, you'll see that I know very well how to play winning poker at low stakes

The problem isn't with the frequency in which I'm all in pre-flop, but rather the number of times my opponents have been getting lucky on their way to winning the pot

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
If you read post #17 in this thread, you'll see that I know very well how to play winning poker at low stakes

The problem isn't with the frequency in which I'm all in pre-flop, but rather the number of times my opponents have been getting lucky on their way to winning the pot

If you are such a crusher you will soon/may have already realized that variance is a real thing.

And a little humility goes a long way in poker. Just saying.

Go to 2p2 if you want real poker analysis. This topic has been covered in scientific detail over there.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
If you are such a crusher you will soon/may have already realized that variance is a real thing.

And a little humility goes a long way in poker. Just saying.

Go to 2p2 if you want real poker analysis. This topic has been covered in scientific detail over there.

How does humility impact which cards come out?

Last edited:

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Heads up in a 9 player tournament when this happened:

3070 starting stack. I limp from the button with KK. Opponent checks

Flop: AK8 all spades

I bet 245. Opponent calls

Turn: 9 of diamonds

Opponent leads out for 795. I go all in for 2750. Opponent calls with 3 of diamonds, 5 of spades

4 of spades on the river

Mar 1, 2002
Negreanu can read minds........he just folded a hand that 9,999 people out of 10,000 would have raised on, or at LEAST called.

He had KsQc against AsAh

Flop was 3 spades. She bet, he called. Turn was another spade. She had A high flush, he has K high flush. She bet.....and he folded. A King high flush on the turn, and he folds.

Not only that, he called her hand. "Pockets Aces with the As?"

He's a f***ing witch.

Last edited:
Reactions: CPTN71

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
hossein ensan wins the '19 main event. he was unknown in the US until now but has been a regular on the EPT for years now and won 3 mil there. also the 3rd player of iranian descent to win the WSOP

oldest guy to win it in 20 years and shows you don't have to be some 23 year old poker mastermind to win these days

Reactions: CPTN71

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Another ridiculous hand:

3 handed. I'm 2nd in chips

Chip leader (7600) limps 300 from the button. Short stack (1100) calls from the small blind. I (4500) have JJ in the BB and raise to 1100 to put the small stack all in

Chip leader calls from the button, small blind folds

Flop: 4c, Qh, 9d

Chip leader bets 1500, I re-shove, and he calls with K6 of clubs

King on the river

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
1 million pound entry triton tournament final table has been fantastic. Down to 4 and I think we are going to have a new all time money leader.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Negreanu can read minds........he just folded a hand that 9,999 people out of 10,000 would have raised on, or at LEAST called.

He had KsQc against AsAh

Flop was 3 spades. She bet, he called. Turn was another spade. She had A high flush, he has K high flush. She bet.....and he folded. A King high flush on the turn, and he folds.

Not only that, he called her hand. "Pockets Aces with the As?"

He's a ****ing witch.

This wouldn't be the first example of him reading minds.

Sometimes, he just calls to prove to himself that he knew the other guy's hand, no matter that it costs money.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Another ridiculous hand:

Someone limps from early position with KQ. Small blind folds. I'm in the big blind with 52 offsuit. We're heads up

Flop comes 955. I check. He bets pot. I call

Turn is a 10. I check. He shoves all in. I call

Jack on the river

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
And another one:

JJ, I raise from early position. Get one caller

Flop comes 346

I raise, and get called

Turn is a 9

I shove all in, and get called by A10

Ace on the river

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Just won $50 in a Spin'n'Go off a free ticket

It got heads up and I kept getting sucked out on

67 vs A3. Flop comes 743. I shove. Get called. Ace on the river

J10 vs A7. Flop comes J92. I shove. Get called. Ace on the turn

Finally took it down when my all in preflop shove with A9 held against A3

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
1st hand of a 9 player, 50 cent tournament

Blinds are 10/20 with a starting stack of 1500

Player first to act raises to 60, 3 players call, and I have JJ in the big blind

I re-raise to 400

Initial raiser folds, player to his left calls, the other 2 players fold

Heads up to a flop of 5,3,3

I bet half pot, get called

Turn is a 7, I shove, get called

Player has 3,4 offsuit

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Crazy.. and extremely sad.

With all the poker reruns on it feels like just yesterday he was calling a tournament.

Reactions: Tuggy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->