The Playoffs

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Can't tell if the stupid is intentional or not.

Terrible people are hoarding toilet paper so they can profit off it.

Mowing your lawn is the opposite of reckless, it's one of the safer things you could be doing. Going to party in a crowded bar and swinging by a nursing home after would be reckless.

Hoarding it profit off it? I have not seen any for sale, have you...? In my area, Tennessee Attorney General Herbert Slatery made it illegal to price gouge during this time. Also, Amazon isn't allowing it either. They are shutting price gougers down.

So that excuse doesn't fly. Nobody is hoarding it for profit. People are buying it like maniacs because of the fear-mongering. It seems everyone went from common daily civilians to dooms-day-preppers over a whopping 80 deaths the last month.

There was a gazillion people waiting in line at Taco Bell during lunch today. That's kinda like a party.

Last edited:

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Go buy 300 cases of toilet paper, lock yourself in your bedroom, and hide under a blanket. I'll be out mowing my lawn and enjoying the warm Tennessee breeze.... not wearing a mask or hazmat suit. Maybe my unheralded recklessness will make me the 81st U.S. person to succumb to COVID-19 since it's first reported case from wayyyyy back in February. Although it's probably more likely I'll fall off the mower and run my self over...

Oh and **** paywall!
No public health experts are telling you to buy 300 cases of toilet paper, wear a hazmat suit, or not cut your lawn, boomer.

You are literally the boomer meme.

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Hoarding it profit off it? I have not seen any for sale, have you...? In my area, Tennessee Attorney General Herbert Slatery made it illegal to price gouge during this time. Also, Amazon isn't allowing it either. They are shutting price gougers down.

So that excuse doesn't fly. Nobody is hoarding it for profit. People are buying it like maniacs because of the fear-mongering. It seems everyone went from common daily civilians to dooms-day-preppers over a whopping 80 deaths the last month.

I need to spell it out step by step?

1 Opportunists heard of the pandemic and immediately brainstormed how they could make money off it.
2 They bought TP in bulk and started posting it on ebay for $20 a roll.
3 Normal people saw shelves emptying and price gouging, bought all the remaining because they needed it and didn't want to be taken advantage of.
4 Price gouging became illegal, opportunists got stuck with pallets full of TP. Karma is a bitch.

Official recommendations were against this, but opportunists f***ed it up for the rest of us. What can you do?

There was a gazillion people waiting in line at Taco Bell during lunch today. That's kinda like a party.

Wonderful for them. They probably won't experience any symptoms for a week. Meanwhile they'll give the virus a medium to reproduce in. They'll meet with neighbors and family. Each one of them will distribute it to 3 people. Finally they'll probably experience a mild flu, recover, and go on with their lives. Great for them. I just hope the old and immunocompromised people they carried the virus to have enough hospital beds for when they all go into critical condition at the same time.

It's not your own health you should be worried about.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I need to spell it out step by step?

1 Opportunists heard of the pandemic and immediately brainstormed how they could make money off it.
2 They bought TP in bulk and started posting it on ebay for $20 a roll.
3 Normal people saw shelves emptying and price gouging, bought all the remaining because they needed it and didn't want to be taken advantage of.
4 Price gouging became illegal, opportunists got stuck with pallets full of TP. Karma is a bitch.

Official recommendations were against this, but opportunists f***ed it up for the rest of us. What can you do?

Wonderful for them. They probably won't experience any symptoms for a week. Meanwhile they'll give the virus a medium to reproduce in. They'll meet with neighbors and family. Each one of them will distribute it to 3 people. Finally they'll probably experience a mild flu, recover, and go on with their lives. Great for them. I just hope the old and immunocompromised people they carried the virus to have enough hospital beds for when they all go into critical condition at the same time.

It's not your own health you should be worried about.

One issue. It didn't "become illegal". Price Gouging has been illegal for quite a while. It isn't a nationwide statute, but at least 34 states have laws about this with varying teeth.

Michigan: No need for a state of emergency, $25k fine per instance of gouging.

Most other states with them vary from 1000-5000 per instance, and only if done after the issuance of a state of emergency.

Reactions: Winger98

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
One issue. It didn't "become illegal". Price Gouging has been illegal for quite a while. It isn't a nationwide statute, but at least 34 states have laws about this with varying teeth.

Most other states with them vary from 1000-5000 per instance, and only if done after the issuance of a state of emergency.
Fair enough, it may be an issue of enforcement rather than law. I don't know the details. What I do know is people hoarded with the intention to price gouge, then were unable to do so, after which I laughed at them.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease

This was a big issue after 9/11. My local gas station at the time got nailed with a fine after they were gouging people in the wake of the attacks. That guy was a known scumbag but that really put it over the top.

Reactions: Winger98

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
So anyway, does anyone think the NHL will piggyback with the NBA and try to organize a playoff in the summer?

Oheao

Apr 17, 2014
London
Well, since Detroit were the only ones eliminated, just have a 30-team playoff and give the #1 team from each conference a bye. That way Detroit will automatically win the draft lottery and get first overall!

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Well, since Detroit were the only ones eliminated, just have a 30-team playoff and give the #1 team from each conference a bye. That way Detroit will automatically win the draft lottery and get first overall!

As long as I don't have to watch the wings in a "playoff" game, I'm fine with it. Seeing them get their heads kicked in for 71 games was enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad