GDT: The Playoff Shuffle is On Game|CBJ@Buffalo|3-31-19|6:00 p.m.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
What’s crazy is that with one more shutout, Bob MIGHT be able to backdoor his way into a Vezina nomination. He’s having what seems to be a top 5 season for goalies over 48-50 games.

T-2nd in wins
Solo 1st in shutouts
7th/8th in Sv% for goalies over 48 games
I don’t know about GAA but scoring is way up this year so he’s probably top 10.

Reactions: LetsGOJackets!!

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
What’s crazy is that with one more shutout, Bob MIGHT be able to backdoor his way into a Vezina nomination. He’s having what seems to be a top 5 season for goalies over 48-50 games.

T-2nd in wins
Solo 1st in shutouts
And some people think the lockout Vezina is undeserved. Look I love the big lug but this just ain’t his year for that.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
As it stands right now, assuming Bob doesn’t turn into a Siv in the playoffs once again , this team could beat any team in the league , minus Tampa in a 7 game series . I’m assuming glass man returns by the time the playoffs start

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
If Bob loses his shit again in the PO then none of this will matter and he will forever be the "Vezina choker goalie".

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL

T-2nd in wins
Solo 1st in shutouts

If he is truly gone, get ready for the scoreboard watching next year of his future team.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Going off of my 7-2 projection of Montreal, the jackets need only one win and they should get in. I still believe Montreal will finish strong, but the jackets have blown away all expectations.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
And some people think the lockout Vezina is undeserved. Look I love the big lug but this just ain’t his year for that.

Not underserved, just not as meaningful as a full season. This season kind of illustrates that. As you hinted to Bob isn't going to win a Vezina for half a season.

At any rate, good win. We've set ourselves up nicely to take WC-A, let's finish it out strong.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Problem is if we make play offs we are playing one of the very best offenses in the league
Washington isn't that scary. As it stands right now, we are +25 in goal differential. The Caps are +33. Tampa isn't even on my mind right now. The Caps may score a lot but they've given up more than the CBJ too, which says a lot with how a lot of this season has played out from a CBJ perspective.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Also, I have to think Murray is being held for the playoffs , seeing him in the locker room the other night . Add him to the mix with the way Kukan is playing as well , and that is a hell of a unit

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I don't know. This could all work out. Columbus earns the WC1 spot and plays Washington. If we advance, we take on Pittsburgh or the Islanders. Then, we'd have to worry about Tampa - assuming Boston hasn't beaten them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad