News Article: The Players Tribune: Thank you, Pittsburgh by MAF

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
I know we all wanted Murray as the starter and I was sure that he would be gone, but Fleury is my first generation of Penguins I really started to follow closely. I might have started a bit later than most of the people on here due to time zones and stuff and I picked Pittsburgh kinda randomly because when I was little I used to play with them in NHL because they had a penguin, but damn it's something that really grew on me over the years and seeing one of them go makes me kinda sad.
And with kinda sad I mean :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Pick87your71Poison

Jul 3, 2008
The Burgh
Yup let's just appreciate a long Pens career that, like most, had a lot of bumps but was still a huge part of a golden age of this team and 3 championships and tons of Penguins' records and forever one of the faces of this great era for the Pens. Add to that that he was an awesome teammate and great with the fans and community and the ultimate team guy and there is plenty to appreciate about Fleury and his career with the Pens.

It's great for him, the organization, and the fans that he was able to close the book in such a great way and he deserves a lot of credit for stepping up on and off the ice and making it as smooth a transition as possible without hurting the team at all.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
ImHmnc0.png

BillPrep

Jun 2, 2016
who is in charge of cleaning up around here? its awfully damn dusty...

good article, and though it was time, I'll miss maf...

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Bleh. It was time to move on, but that is one awesome guy. :yo:

Exactly

I'm just really happy and proud of him as to how he handled himself in the last couple of seasons. Just a phenomenal human and teammate

Best of luck Flower, I hope and I'm sure you will get a well deserved standing O when you come back to Pittsburgh!!

pengwins1587

Feb 24, 2014
God I'm going to miss this guy. Murray's the better goalie and it was time but flower is a big reason why I became a pens fan, seeing him go hurts.

Was at the awards Wednesday and i don't know how it sounded on tv but the ovation he got from the crowd when the pick was announced was as loud as any game I've ever been to. It was awesome to hear and made me beyond happy.

The fan support in Vegas already is really impressive and hopefully flower can grow the game there and get Vegas in the playoffs before he leaves

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->