OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: World Cup N'at

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Eh...so they’ll go 4-0 without him. No big deal.

Add: the only somewhat intriguing angle there is if he got caught on a system suggested by Brady’s trainer. I believe Edelman has been working out with Guerrero recently as well.

Just adds on to their long list of cheating.

turd

Feb 1, 2013
Just adds on to their long list of cheating.
Because no other teams have ever had people get busted for PEDs.

I get it. They’re a shady, shitty organization. But a PED suspension is pretty common anymore. Are the Steelers a cheating organization since Marcus Gilbert got busted a year ago? These things happen, especially to guys coming off injuries.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Because no other teams have ever had people get busted for PEDs.

I get it. They’re a shady, ****ty organization. But a PED suspension is pretty common anymore. Are the Steelers a cheating organization since Marcus Gilbert got busted a year ago? These things happen, especially to guys coming off injuries.

Gilbert didn't have a hand in Super Bowl wins like Pedelman.

turd

Feb 1, 2013
Gilbert didn't have a hand in Super Bowl wins like Pedelman.
Well he didn’t get busted during Super Bowl runs did he?

What are your thoughts on the 70’s Steelers? They basically were the kings of steroid use and won four titles. Should we crucify those cheaters as well?

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018

What are your thoughts on the 70’s Steelers? They basically were the kings of steroid use and won four titles. Should we crucify those cheaters as well?

I'm sensing a closet Patriots fan :laugh: No but he got busted and could have been using them the whole time. Just like how Ninkovich got busted last year.

Knowing the other teams signals, deflating balls so they are easier to grip in a rainy playoff game, messing with opposing teams headsets, PEDs, bugging locker rooms, etc.

When does it stop?

turd

Feb 1, 2013
I'm sensing a closet Patriots fan :laugh: No but he got busted and could have been using them the whole time. Just like how Ninkovich got busted last year.

Knowing the other teams signals, deflating balls so they are easier to grip in a rainy playoff game, messing with opposing teams headsets, PEDs, bugging locker rooms, etc.

When does it stop?
I hate the Patriots, but a PED suspension is nothing to even bat an eye at anymore. He just happens to be one of the few that actually get caught. I’d bet my house there’s a lot more players in the league, probably even some on the South Side, that use but haven’t gotten busted.

The rest of your points are fair, although I think the whole Deflategate was ridiculously overblown. They’re a scummy organization. But PED usage isn’t unique to just them.

Reactions: SouthGeorge

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I hate the Patriots, but a PED suspension is nothing to even bat an eye at anymore. He just happens to be one of the few that actually get caught. I’d bet my house there’s a lot more players in the league, probably even some on the South Side, that use but haven’t gotten busted.

The rest of your points are fair, although I think the whole Deflategate was ridiculously overblown. They’re a scummy organization. But PED usage isn’t unique to just them.

I know it's not unique but he's basically been the second face of their franchise behind Brady the last 5-6 years. It's pretty damaging. It's like if AB or Bell got popped for it. It's not some random lineman or linebacker like you normally see.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Well Mike Mitchell did taunt the Jaguars before the game telling them all they'd remember who he is.....

Unfortunately for him they already knew. A loud mouth, who constantly got caught out of position or got torched. Then acted like he just got a sack when he tackled a player 30 yards down field.

Reactions: TNT87

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Replacing Mitchell with someone who could do more than launch their body around should provide a boost to the overall defense. We just have to accept that the run defense is most likely going to be a work in progress the next season or two.

Reactions: USMC607

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013

Not saying what they did was the right thing to do but it was legal back then, alot of them paid for it with health issues and early deaths, many other teams used as well.

But it hasnt been legal in Edelmans case in decades.

So the 70s steelers arent cheater, technically.

But Edelman and yes Gilbert both technically were and are cheaters that got caught.

Reactions: TNT87

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Don't rule out Mason Rudolph as the Steelers' backup QB

Steelers Minicamp Recap Day 3: Mason Rudolph shows tremendous promise in final workout

I'm on record saying he's going to be one of the 2-3 best QB's from this draft class.

Kid has the look in his eyes, coupled with an elite work ethic and that's a fantastic combo. Had the best touch of any QB in this class. Moves well enough in the pocket. Solid accuracy overall, elite on deep throws. Biggest growing pains will be getting down under C and working on the deep throws outside. And obviously getting plenty of mental and physical reps through the summer and preseason. Cautiously optimistic he's going to be a good starter in the NFL.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
So fellas

Looks like Bryant is going the Josh Gordon Route. After doing well in OTAs, it now looks like hes staring down his 3rd substance abuse suspension.

Oakland is awaiting final word.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
So fellas

Looks like Bryant is going the Josh Gordon Route. After doing well in OTAs, it now looks like hes staring down his 3rd substance abuse suspension.

Not surprising. Given his decent performance coming back last year and his stupid natural talents, letting him go for a mid-round pick was a signal that the Steelers believed this was a real possibility.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
So fellas

LOL, didn't we turn the Bryant pick into Rudolph essentially?

What a shame. MB had Randy Moss ability....but obviously a penny head on his shoulders.

turd

Feb 1, 2013
LOL, didn't we turn the Bryant pick into Rudolph essentially?

What a shame. MB had Randy Moss ability....but obviously a penny head on his shoulders.
Yeah, we flipped the pick Oakland sent us plus a seventh round pick to move further up in the third to take Rudolph. I wasn’t the biggest fan of taking Rudolph there, but if he turns out to be something, and Bryant fizzles out of the league, then what a steal that trade will turn out to be.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Yeah, we flipped the pick Oakland sent us plus a seventh round pick to move further up in the third to take Rudolph. I wasn’t the biggest fan of taking Rudolph there, but if he turns out to be something, and Bryant fizzles out of the league, then what a steal that trade will turn out to be.

I imagine this is how Gruden feels right about now:

download-3.jpg

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I'm going to wait until it's confirmed before I celebrate. I feel like the NFL is going to give their buddy Gruden a pass. 1 year suspension? That's what he got last time. Isn't he pretty much out the league if he fails again?

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
I'm going to wait until it's confirmed before I celebrate. I feel like the NFL is going to give their buddy Gruden a pass. 1 year suspension? That's what he got last time. Isn't he pretty much out the league if he fails again?

If he did piss hot a 3rd time its indefinite suspension, until the league decides he can come back, if ever.

I also doubt he gets a pass if he did fail again. The way they made him jump thru hoops after the 2nd time doesnt make me believe theyll go easy this go round.

There would be lawsuits or greviences filed everywhere, from players like J. Gordon that got the hammer after a 3rd fail, or missed test.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
If he did piss hot a 3rd time its indefinite suspension, until the league decides he can come back, if ever.

I also doubt he gets a pass if he did fail again. The way they made him jump thru hoops after the 2nd time doesnt make me believe theyll go easy this go round.

There would be lawsuits or greviences filed everywhere, from players like J. Gordon that got the hammer after a 3rd fail, or missed test.

I don't think he failed though. They are saying he missed it. So he's probably hiding chugging water and trying every detox he can find.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
I don't think he failed though. They are saying he missed it. So he's probably hiding chugging water and trying every detox he can find.

Dont they view missed tests as a failure? That's what they said when Bell missed his.

That's also on top of him being a repeat offender.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Dont they view missed tests as a failure? That's what they said when Bell missed his.

That's also on top of him being a repeat offender.

I was under the impression that was the case as well. But I do remember them saying when Bryant got his year suspension that he had missed like 10+ test. If they haven't tested him by now then something is wrong. Tell him you have to come test today or you failed and out the league. League is going to give him/Gruden a pass I can just feel it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->