OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: World Cup N'at

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Is it just me or is every Eagles fan just coming out of the woodwork now? So many people I didn’t even know were Eagles fans are now thumping their chests seemingly out of nowhere.

Good for them. And a little bit of money lost aside - im glad they beat New England.

But eff this “oh we still have the most Super Bowls yipeee!” talk. That won’t hold for long. ‘09 is seeming more and more like ancient history now. The Steelers need to take matters into their own hands and at least win one more with this core.

Unfortunately, I just don’t see it happening.

Also: wow is defense bad these days. Top ranked D’s in the Jags, Vikings, Pats and Eagles got shredded this postseason. So rag on about the Steelers’ D not being good enough, but with the offensive firepower, this team as a whole was still plenty good enough to win it all this year.

But discipline. The divas. Coaching. Etc... I get it. Part of why I’m not so sure I see it.

Sounds like a PSU fan I know. Weird.

mynameisnick4

Jan 18, 2012
Pittsburgh
Can the Patriots get any more hated? The Colts had tweets up announcing him as the coach up until about 2 hours ago and there are reports that he still hasn't personally reached out to the coaching staff he was putting together. What a rat.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

I always liked Dungy. One of the smartest minds in the game and always said it like it is. He makes a great point, you had guys leave their jobs to take assistant positions. You disrupted lives.

The entire organization is filled with trash.

Reactions: KIRK

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Did Art II ever have his usual end-of-season press conference yet? The local media usually throws him softball questions, but Tomlin has taken much more heat than usual for the lack of discipline from the team. Art might get some much more uncomfortable questions this time around and I'm not sure he'd want to answer them or would know how to answer them without throwing Tomlin under the bus.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

And another good point. It is not impossible that he will get another HC opportunity, but how he handled that certainly will be a factor that he will have to deal with in the future. It will not help at all.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724

And another good point. It is not impossible that he will get another HC opportunity, but how he handled that certainly will be a factor that he will have to deal with in the future. It will not help at all.

I was shocked JM got another offer to hc after his debacle in Denver.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Sounds like a PSU fan I know. Weird.
Hey... always been here as a fan. Through the thick and thin.

I haven’t even brought them into my posts much lately, but since you sparked it - today, PSU football secured a top 5 recruiting class, and PSU hoops even won a big game to keep their tournament hopes alive.

It’s always a great day to be a Nittany Lion, but today even moreso than usual.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Well, looks like Art II talked to the media after all.

tenor.gif

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
The one talking point that keeps being repeated by the Tomlin defenders that just baffles me in it's cluelessness is the whole "who would you replace Tomlin with that's better?" shtick that even the owner of the team has I guess bought into.

Tomlin himself was a nobody when he was hired. Who was Doug Peterson three years ago? That rebuttal makes zero sense as a defense for never putting Tomlin on the hot seat. The fact the team owner is now repeating what is a completely illogical argument is to me the most worrying thing to come out of this whole debacle.

Reactions: KIRK and Kip Drordy

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
The one talking point that keeps being repeated by the Tomlin defenders that just baffles me in it's cluelessness is the whole "who would you replace Tomlin with that's better?" shtick that even the owner of the team has I guess bought into.

Tomlin himself was a nobody when he was hired. Who was Doug Peterson three years ago? That rebuttal makes zero sense as a defense for never putting Tomlin on the hot seat. The fact the team owner is now repeating what is a completely illogical argument is to me the most worrying thing to come out of this whole debacle.

For every Doug Peterson there are 10 Krennels, Gilbrides, Petrino, Morningwigs or Weisses at least.

Its the same reason you never see NFL teams get rid of QBs until the next one is there or they have no other choice (they're that bad).

Firing Tomlin if you have a guy that you really think can make a difference...sure.
Firing him for the sake of firing him and risking setting your org on fire...um.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->