OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Football Drama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
One thing I have said continually since Bill Cowher was hired. If you are going to run a 3/4, you need 4 good to great linebackers and a dominant NT.

You cannot run that defense with average at any of those positions and hope to be a good to great defense.

Reactions: ImporterExporter

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Best thing so far is Conner. Especially with the Bell situation. If he can be a legit starter and we save all that money to use on D we are much better off

turd

Feb 1, 2013
The linebackers are so very bad. I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a LB corps as slow as these guys. And, aside from Watt, these are the number ones. But they’re playing like the practice squad guys.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
One thing I have said continually since Bill Cowher was hired. If you are going to run a 3/4, you need 4 good to great linebackers and a dominant NT.

You cannot run that defense with average at any of those positions and hope to be a good to great defense.

This. So much this.

Most people think it's all about the OLBs. It ainta. The NT is incredibly important as you mentioned. And they haven't had a legit one since Hampton.

Reactions: Kip Drordy

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I just don't trust this coaching staff. The Steelers are sprinkled with unreal talent, but they have a couple of huge gaps as well.

Watching NE tonight as always is just a different vibe. Steelers will be fun, and they will be infuriating and I truly believe they won't sniff another championship with Tomlin unless Ben goes all world.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
For all of Lebeaus issues later in his Steelers career I never heard communication or double calls one of them.

Butler is in over his head. Admit your mistake and move on.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Washington's been kind of up and down (as you'd expect), but that was a nice grab fro a TD.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
I don't think the Pack will hit triple figures tonight, but they could exceed 60.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
The President.

Our offense better avg 30 points a game this season...with this talent. Washington will have a Juju(maybe even better) type impact to go along with the other two who are already great. Conner looks like a completely different RB. Very similar path as Bell so far(he wont be as good of a WR) , he can contribute this season and should be even better his 3rd year when Bell leaves.

Bell turning that contract could be a blessing for this team who might have made a huge mistake. Paying that much for a RB(not like he won us a superbowl and even missed 2 playoff years), when we have to improve the defense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad