OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Football Drama

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Brown going after Ed. He's been covering the Steelers longer than AB's been alive. He's in the HoF for journalism as well. Madden finally right about something. this team isn't likable at all.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
^ been a Steelers fan way longer than the knuckleheads have been on the team. Fan before and I'll be a fan after.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Jalen Ramsey on Ben- " I think he's decent at best… It's not Big Ben, it's [Antonio Brown]. Big Ben slings the ball a lot of the time. He just slings it, and his receivers go get it. He has a strong arm, but he ain't all that. I played him twice last year, and he really disappointed me. He'll be in the Hall of Fame and all that."

I know Ben wasn't good against the Jags last year, but he knows AB hasn't been around for all of Ben's career, right?

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Jalen Ramsey on Ben- " I think he's decent at best… It's not Big Ben, it's [Antonio Brown]. Big Ben slings the ball a lot of the time. He just slings it, and his receivers go get it. He has a strong arm, but he ain't all that. I played him twice last year, and he really disappointed me. He'll be in the Hall of Fame and all that."

I know Ben wasn't good against the Jags last year, but he knows AB hasn't been around for all of Ben's career, right?

Ramsey was trashing a handful of other players too. When his skills diminish, he'll be Mike Mitchell 2.0.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

Matt Ryan, Jared Goff and Andrew Luck all got the Jalen treatment in that QC story. He's a talented player but that's pretty typical, lame running your mouth off stuff. He could at least try to be interesting instead of just provocative. He also might just be a piece of crap individual.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Ramsey is a piece of trash...he didn't even have the courtesy to trash his own QB, who's far worse than Ben...at least if you're going to try to pretend to present "true" views on other QBs, have the decency to give a honest assessment of your own....

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Ben put up 460 yards and 5 TD’s in the playoff game.

Not to mention alot of those TD passes to Brown and others are perfectly placed. This isnt the first few years of his career when Ward/Burress/ARE were running 20 yards back down field to catch the ball. He hits guys in stride now..got much better as time went on.

Or else hed be out of the league by now like Mcnabb. Running around too much (backyard football) taking too many hits. But he adjusted his game, became way more accurate and takes less hits. Extended his career for another 5 years than if he didnt adjust

turd

Feb 1, 2013
Brown going after Ed. He's been covering the Steelers longer than AB's been alive. He's in the HoF for journalism as well. Madden finally right about something. this team isn't likable at all.
There’s like 3 out of 53 guys on the whole team that cause “distractions.” It ain’t that bad. And the “distractions” they do cause are pretty minor but just play right into the media’s hands. I think the local media makes people think they’re unlikable more so than the actual players do.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
There’s like 3 out of 53 guys on the whole team that cause “distractions.” It ain’t that bad. And the “distractions” they do cause are pretty minor but just play right into the media’s hands. I think the local media makes people think they’re unlikable more so than the actual players do.

This is true but they are big name players/face of the franchise. So it's like 3 players and a coach that lacks discipline. That's why they have the image they do. It's just frustrating with AB because he's on pace to be one of the best ever. Every year hoping he's finally going to get it and be a leader on this team. All the tweeting he's doing this off-season, I can already tell that's not going to be the case this year.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Watching Hard Knocks with Cleveland. I cant see how that team wins 2 games this year. And now know why theyve been so bad over the years.

As frustrated as we were with Haley, he still knows football and the guy is absolutely miserable there already. Watching these guys not even able to get the basic things down. Lol hes in hell right now...seems completely shocked at how bad an organization can be.

And most of these players are clueless..cant answer simple questions..blank stares.

Haley makes the show worth watching...guy is hilarious due to the shock of how bad a team can be.

Last edited:

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
on one hand you have the landry rant and relentless work ethic, otoh you have the damn head coach going against his assistants who are trying to warn him the players not practicing situation is toxic to give more people breaks

Reactions: JimmyTwoTimes

turd

Feb 1, 2013
This is true but they are big name players/face of the franchise. So it's like 3 players and a coach that lacks discipline. That's why they have the image they do. It's just frustrating with AB because he's on pace to be one of the best ever. Every year hoping he's finally going to get it and be a leader on this team. All the tweeting he's doing this off-season, I can already tell that's not going to be the case this year.
This whole lacks discipline thing I don’t buy. Are they young and dumb? Sure. But I don’t think any of them lack any discipline. Being stupid doesn’t mean you’re lacking in discipline. It just means you’re stupid. Stupid players have littered the NFL for years. Now there’s a few on the Steelers. So what?

Outside of Bell getting suspended for weed, I don’t think any of their “distractions” or “lack of discipline” have had any impact on the field whatsoever. Especially AB’s.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
on one hand you have the landry rant and relentless work ethic, otoh you have the damn head coach going against his assistants who are trying to warn him the players not practicing situation is toxic to give more people breaks

haha exactly. You can tell how great of a player Landry is. But so many issues with others. These are top picks too. Coleman traded for a 7th round pick cuz he cant catch a ball. Njoku...freak of an athlete forced to go to the jug machine and catch 30 balls before going back to practice after all of his drops.

Others with little work ethic...leadership...etc. Mayfield may have been the perfect selection for them...when he gets his chance he may start to change things.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Ramsey also said he doesn't get why Lamar Jackson wasn't the 2nd QB taken in the last draft.

Maybe he needs evaluated for CTE.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Ramsey also said he doesn't get why Lamar Jackson wasn't the 2nd QB taken in the last draft.

Maybe he needs evaluated for CTE.

I know exactly why he'd trash Ben and support Brown, while also saying Lamar Jackson got screwed over in the draft even though Lamar Jackson is a fraction of the prospect somebody like Cam Newton was coming out.

Baker Mayfield can throw a football btw. Mason Rudolph can throw a football btw. Jackson can't.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Ramsey is a piece of trash...he didn't even have the courtesy to trash his own QB, who's far worse than Ben...at least if you're going to try to pretend to present "true" views on other QBs, have the decency to give a honest assessment of your own....

He didnt call him out technically.

But he did say something about needing playoff Blake during the regular season or some shit.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Watching Hard Knocks with Cleveland. I cant see how that team wins 2 games this year. And now know why theyve been so bad over the years.

As frustrated as we were with Haley, he still knows football and the guy is absolutely miserable there already. Watching these guys not even able to get the basic things down. Lol hes in hell right now...seems completely shocked at how bad an organization can be.

And most of these players are clueless..cant answer simple questions..blank stares.

Haley makes the show worth watching...guy is hilarious due to the shock of how bad a team can be.

This is the team that just punished a rookie wide receiver who was caught with Marijuana and weapons by playing him while he was tired.

Still - at some point, you would think the law of averages will catch up with them in a good way. I love Mayfield, but the loss of Thomas will put their QB in danger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad