OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Football Drama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Do you think the guy that missed will want to go back to Columbia? Didn’t work out too good for the last guy that screwed up. ;)

As sad as Andres Escobar's murder was, his own goal played an incidental role at best. What happened was a narco harassed him about it in a club and he was prideful (read: stupid) enough to respond to the provocation. That's why he was murdered. The media then chose to sensationalize it as a hit in response to his own goal when, in reality, it was more an unfortunate symptom of the general lawlessness in Colombia at the time.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Everyone just high-fiving everyone, giving everyone hugs. Just a great atmosphere everywhere. Bring on Sweden

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Brazil down 0-2 at halftime to Belgium

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Croatia in a penalty shootout over Russia. Sorry Geno

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Football's still a few weeks away, but I thought this was a good story, especially with his sister being seriously disabled. You hear about these kinds of dudes sometimes in the NFL, but their stories are usually drowned out by the knuckleheads.

49ers' Goodwin surprises mom, sister with house

I've been trying to watch World Cup, but I usually sit down after I've had a serious work out, and the games almost immediately put me to sleep for a solid 20-30 minutes. I guess I only have three more chances this time around.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Feel like they are intentionally NOT calling fouls for #10 on Belgium. Reminds me of Mario getting hacked and whacked but the refs are just letting them do anything to prevent skill from shining

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Football's still a few weeks away, but I thought this was a good story, especially with his sister being seriously disabled. You hear about these kinds of dudes sometimes in the NFL, but their stories are usually drowned out by the knuckleheads.

49ers' Goodwin surprises mom, sister with house

That right there cut right thru this hardened marine. I'm glad he is able to improve the quality of life and living for his family especially his sister. Although they seem to be thankful just to get up each day.

Need more kids like him out there.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Hazard looks to go to the floor too much. If he was more honest, he'd get those calls.

Nah, if there's one thing that even Hazard's detractors can't deny, it's that he fights to stay on his feet even when it'd be better for him to dive. He's honest to a fault because kicking the shit out of Hazard has been the default tactic for every team in England since he arrived and he still doesn't embellish.

The ref definitely missed a number of clear fouls, it was not his finest hour. That said, Hazard was the only Belgian outfield player to have any impact and they most certainly didn't deserve to win with their poor tactics and lackadaisical effort.

Reactions: SouthGeorge

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Utter f***ing nonsense. The guy's been looking to go to the ground every time he's touched the ball the entire tournament. I'm a huge Chelsea supporter but that shit is just f***ing aggravating to watch.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Utter ****ing nonsense. The guy's been looking to go to the ground every time he's touched the ball the entire tournament. I'm a huge Chelsea supporter but that **** is just ****ing aggravating to watch.

I have no idea what you're watching. Perhaps you're confusing Hazard for Dries Mertens.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Nah, if there's one thing that even Hazard's detractors can't deny, it's that he fights to stay on his feet even when it'd be better for him to dive. He's honest to a fault because kicking the **** out of Hazard has been the default tactic for every team in England since he arrived and he still doesn't embellish.

The ref definitely missed a number of clear fouls, it was not his finest hour. That said, Hazard was the only Belgian outfield player to have any impact and they most certainly didn't deserve to win with their poor tactics and lackadaisical effort.

Agree...thought Belgium barely put any hardened effort in. Yea they possessed the ball a ton but seemed like they didn't want to fight in the hard areas.

Reactions: Brandinho

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Agree...thought Belgium barely put any hardened effort in. Yea they possessed the ball a ton but seemed like they didn't want to fight in the hard areas.

No doubt, it was an embarrassing effort from most of their team. Mourinho said it best, "I think the Belgium players go home with a bad feeling. A feeling that we could've done more and better, a feeling that Hazard probably didn't have, because he tried absolutely everything. Many of the other big players, they kept hiding."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad