The Pittsburgher Thread: Where Tomlin tries his hardest to lose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
We kinda dominated yet still made it a nail biter.

Mostly do to drops and PI calls.

And scratch your head playcalling...but the standard is the standard and ours is to do just enough to make the POs but never be good enough...

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Do you think the Ravens tanked this so that Harbaugh would be fired? Clever ploy...

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
flacco showed everything you needed to know about how elite he is when he totally missed lamar jackson uncovered in the first half. heave and hope for sure.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Its the Ravens at Baltimore. 23-16..ill take it. Some BS calls could have made this defense fold...but they stuck with it. Have to realize Edmunds still a rookie...only Burnett's second game back.

And have to hope CB2 gets better. Actually best game Ive seen from all year. Coty wasnt bad. Was roooting against him before deadline(with us still getting wins of course, but wanting him to be the one to let up TDs if it was gonna happen anyway). Now its time to root for him and anyone else in that spot

Still don't get why Colbert couldnt look ahead knowing the types of offenses we face. Im one of few thinking our defense is getting better and will continue to improve(beyond this year...need to hit on draft picks...pickip top FA)...but still should have added to this year. Look ahead for once.

But anyway..enjoying this win.

Game with a tough Panthers team is what has me thinking about no deadline move

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Thankful for that.

We’ll see how that tune is playing come the postseason.

At some point he needs to start showing well in the playoffs to be considered some great coach, but again it doesn’t matter to the Rooney’s what he does. Just how it is.

Edit: More fun stats on Conner again this week:

- Conner is the first Steeler in franchise history to score ten TD in the first eight games of the season.

- Second Steeler in history to eclipse 1000 scrimmage yards after eight games.

Last edited:
Reactions: KIRK

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
This team has its warts. But honestly, if they can stay healthy, they’re very much so a super bowl contender. Obviously - if they can stay healthy. How screwed they would be especially if: Ben, Conner, one of Juju/AB, Haden, Heyward, or one of the LB’s got injured. Depth is lacking in those areas especially. But eh, lots of other teams would be seemingly screwed with injuries too.

Reactions: Son Goku

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
Solid road win. Unfortunately I don't think we would win if we played a good QB. Going to be tough next week vs Newton.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Do you think the Ravens tanked this so that Harbaugh would be fired? Clever ploy...

No this is what they are. Easy teams to start season. Bills, Titans, and Broncos.

We are the only good team they beat. And that was due to Ben being off(without being pressured) and not letting Conner get things going. 9 carries for 19 yards so went away from him...hes done that against others then got his 20 yard run..to get going

3 last 3 losses is what the Ravens are...not a bad team but not contenders. And are in a tough spot. Went heavy on D last few drafts..while Suggs/Weddle/Brandon Williams/etc almost done. Need young guys to pan out like we did.

Theyll also be seeing if their QB is the next franchise to lead them

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Solid road win. Unfortunately I don't think we would win if we played a good QB. Going to be tough next week vs Newton.

It’s tough just playing whoever on thurs night...for both teams...the defense aren’t there after a short week so it usually ends in the team with the better offense winning the game...

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
New Orleans has been terrifying. Really sucks the Steelers have to play them down there towards the end of the season.

Can’t take their foot off the gas. Carolina, the Chargers, Bengals, all tough. And then there’s a potential for an old fashioned Tomlin slip up against a mediocre team in Denver, or straight up awful team in Oakland - haven’t won there in 23 years. And those west coast road games are seemingly never easy.

Then... there’s the Jags and Pats. Pats are the Pats. Jags have sucked, but... both of those teams are the 2 that have given the Steelers the most hell the past few seasons. Need to prove they can beat them.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
I see the Carolina, San Diego, New England, and New Orleans games as excellent chances for losses.

As Rossi said, good chances for an old fashioned Tomlin stinker against Oakland or Denver and then there’s the Jags as well.

Would like to see the defense continue to improve but I think their ceiling still isn’t good enough to beat top teams.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
I see the Carolina, San Diego, New England, and New Orleans games as excellent chances for losses.

As Rossi said, good chances for an old fashioned Tomlin stinker against Oakland or Denver and then there’s the Jags as well.

Would like to see the defense continue to improve but I think their ceiling still isn’t good enough to beat top teams.
Given Carolina, the Chargers, Patriots, Bengals are at home... they’ve had good success against 3 of those 4 teams lately I feel. So... I would hope they win at least 3 of those 4. As for the road games, who knows. I would expect to lose to New Orleans, then hopefully not to the Jags/Broncos/Raiders.

So that optimistic thinking would leave the Steelers at 11-4-1. Chiefs will get a first round bye, Pats probably too like always (their remaining schedule is mostly easy - good for them they get Rodgers and the Vikings in Foxborough). So hell, even 10-5-1 may put them in the same position: wild card weekend, division champs or wild card depending on how Cincy handles their remaining schedule (Baltimore could sneak up too but I don’t trust them anymore). And we all know the first round bye hasn’t served them well, so... eh.

Thinking far ahead, I know.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
It’s not necessarily about the first round bye, it’s about home field throughout the playoffs.

We all know the AFCG will be in Foxboro yet again this year. The rest of their schedule is a cakewalk, with their last 2 AT HOME against the Bills and Jets...

AFC East is a joke of a division and it’s a guaranteed 6 easy wins for the Pats every year.

I’ve argued for years the the Bills should be moved to the AFC North and the Ravens should be moved to the AFC East. Makes sense geographically and I would love to see the Ravens D getting after Brady while the Steelers get a little easier road...

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
It’s not necessarily about the first round bye, it’s about home field throughout the playoffs.

We all know the AFCG will be in Foxboro yet again this year. The rest of their schedule is a cakewalk, with their last 2 AT HOME against the Bills and Jets...

AFC East is a joke of a division and it’s a guaranteed 6 easy wins for the Pats every year.

I’ve argued for years the the Bills should be moved to the AFC North and the Ravens should be moved to the AFC East. Makes sense geographically and I would love to see the Ravens D getting after Brady while the Steelers get a little easier road...
So I take it you’re from the school of thought that the Chiefs, despite how much they’ve lit it up so far this year, will go one and done? Or get leapfrogged by New England (very possibly now seeing their remaining schedule)?

It’s always ******* New England. Right now I’d bet the Super Bowl is them and the Saints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->