GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread: The Steelers out-stupid the Raiders!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Eff Tomlin, Butler, Colbert, the Rooneys and Boswell. Eff big Ben for being a big diva and waiting until the absolute last second to return to the game.

Reactions: USMC607

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The Steelers got the result they deserved for having the arrogance to sit Ben in a 14-10 game that they thought was over.

At least that Boswell miss at the end was entertaining, that was way funnier of an ending than just missing a field goal.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Time to start looking at the postseason. I’m hoping they lose out for a better pick. Won’t make the playoffs now anyway.

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
honestly need games like this to fully illustrate the rot and ineptitude. this was a win all the way if you want to see the steelers have a chance at one more super bowl with ben

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
So Boswell's been Lol worthy all year, but that's such terrible luck for him to have your cleats slip on you in that moment. Really funny.

Also, seriously, the timeouts...

They had 1st and goal. They can't pickup a first down barring a penalty, meaning they have exactly 4 plays to run in whatever amount of time they have left. In coaching 101, they'd teach you to use your timeouts to preserve as much clock as possible, as the only scenarios that can play out in that situation are they score and thus you want as much time on the clock as possible, or they turn it over on downs and you win the game.

There is no logical football reasoning for holding on to that timeout, unless it's for the sake of challenging? You need a timeout to challenge right? But then again pretty sure any close play with that little time left would be sent to the booth automatically no? Or is that just turnovers and scoring plays?

I don't know, but unless I'm mistaken I think that was yet another Tomlin timeout blunder in a long line of them.

Reactions: Pens17

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
I’m hoping somebody has a Peyton esque “idiot kicker” sound bite after this one.

Reactions: TNT87

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
They find new and creative ways to lose every week...it’s comical...I’m not watching the remainder of their games...

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
It won’t fall on Tomlin, guys. He’s the shining example of the Rooney rule with a winning career record. It’s sad, but we’re stuck with him until Ben retires and he moves on.

Reactions: mynameisnick4

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
I don't even know what to say anymore. The last three loses have just been brutal.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
The Steelers got the result they deserved for having the arrogance to sit Ben in a 14-10 game that they thought was over.

At least that Boswell miss at the end was entertaining, that was way funnier of an ending than just missing a field goal.

Definitely had to top his earlier run-of-the-mill miss.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
So Boswell's been Lol worthy all year, but that's such terrible luck for him to have your cleats slip on you in that moment. Really funny.

They had 1st and goal. They can't pickup a first down barring a penalty, meaning they have exactly 4 plays to run in whatever amount of time they have left. In coaching 101, they'd teach you to use your timeouts to preserve as much clock as possible, as the only scenarios that can play out in that situation are they score and thus you want as much time on the clock as possible, or they turn it over on downs and you win the game.

There is no logical football reasoning for holding on to that timeout, unless it's for the sake of challenging? You need a timeout to challenge right? But then again pretty sure any close play with that little time left would be sent to the booth automatically no? Or is that just turnovers and scoring plays?

I don't know, but unless I'm mistaken I think that was yet another Tomlin timeout blunder in a long line of them.

Tomlin is a moron. Trying to make sense of it is a mental health hazard

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
If you look closely at the defense's photo celebration pose for Carr's fumble you'll see 11 scrubs.

Reactions: Rossi Rat

Colonel Mustard

Dec 26, 2017

They dont live in their fears

Pengwins

Jun 13, 2017
Need to fire Tomlin and Butler for 1 last run at SB next year. Tomlin is a joke

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
If you look closely at the defense's photo celebration pose for Carr's fumble you'll see 11 scrubs.
Absolutely hilarious they did that given how awful they played, and the fact that turnover wasn’t even forced by them. Losers.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Tomlin is going to take over the defensive play-calling next week to ensure the Pats score at least 50 points.

#DefensiveGenius

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
@Mr Jiggyfly Glad you had fun with your kids...

I didn't watch a lick, I watched Santa Clause with my kids while we did the tree, now watching Santa Clause 3.

I didn't have the high/lows you must have felt. Kids obviously being the highs with a few plays in there. I will not watch another game. It's fools gold.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
I can't believe they did that. Honestly. The defense did nothing to earn that "fumble" and they were getting chunked all game by a 2 win team. And then, with the lead, they gave up a 75 yard drive for the Raiders to go ahead.

How about your celebrate a f***ing win, instead?

Belichick would have cut every single one of them as soon as the game was over. No wait, they would have never have done that under Belichick in the first place. His players would have been too disciplined and mature. That's why he's a winner... and Tomlin is a loser that only won with someone else's team.

BlackAndGold87

Jul 13, 2017
Tomlin admits Ben could have gone in right away.

What the hell was he thinking? JFC Tomlin has been doing a flat out horrible coaching job these past few weeks.

This is what bad coaching looks like. With the Pats and Saints in the next two weeks this shit is over.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
EPIC eagles finale there. What a game to watch (first half sucked)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->