The Pittsburgher Thread: The Steelers do Steeler-like things

Status
Not open for further replies.

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
Also the ref or refs that blew that obvious false start should be suspended.

That was the most blatant missed call I've ever seen.

I also found it funny that steelers kept jumping offsides at the end. Petty as **** and I'm pretty certain they did that **** on purpose.
the thing that blew my mind about the false start TD was Cris Collinsworth basically asked the officiating guy he was talking with about it "that's that official's only responsibility too (checking for false starts), right?" and the guy was stammering trying to defend it.

also the offside shit at the end of the game, interestingly, the first time they got called (the one where he missed the kick) it didn't even look like they were offsides.

the game reeks all around. the Steelers did everything they could to lose the game, but the refs certainly played a role as well.

Reactions: USMC607

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Well played Tomlin, well played.

Just when I thought Mike Sullivan became the more inferior coach of the two of them, Tomlin reared his ugly head.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Tomlin schooled by 2 much less experienced coaches. 0-3 against the AFC west in danger of 0-4 after next week.

3-3 at home, about to be 3-4 after we see what amazing way New England beats the Steelers again this year in 2 weeks. Home field “advantage”.

Defense can’t force a takeaway if their lives depended on it.

AB has been great, but he was outshined by both Emmanuel Sanders (Though that was more a Juju game) and Keenan Allen.

Who the **** is Justin Jackson?

Officiating aside, as I’m sure any Chargers fan/hater can easily spin it like “well they don’t call a lot of things on the Steelers!” A LOT of things need to go wrong to blow a 16 pt lead at home where you start the 2nd half with the ball. And a lot of things did.

Beat Oakland and Cincy at least. Everyone is celebrating the Ravens, but their last 3 wins have come against teams with a combined 11-25 record, 2 of which at home, where to their credit they DO generally win.

So if that happens, most likely the Chargers will be back. Revenge, right? Well, how did that revenge home playoff game go last year?

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
We better hope that 9-6-1 is good enough to win the division. It seems like only yesterday that we might get a first round bye.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I’m not using the refs as an excuse for yet another annual debacle.

Again I’m blown away there are still some people who can’t connect the dots.

The only thing that surprises me more is the people who get all upset about these annual meltdown losses like they are somehow ruining the Steelers big SB dreams.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
I’m not using the refs as an excuse for yet another annual debacle.

Again I’m blown away there are still some people who can’t connect the dots.

The only thing that surprises me more is the people who get all upset about these annual meltdown losses like they are somehow ruining the Steelers big SB dreams.
I’ve already come to terms with the fact that the Patriots are winning the AFC, yet again.

And it’s not even like they’re any better on paper than the Steelers, Brady/Belichick aside. It just pays to have a disciplined and well-coached team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad