The Pittsburgher Thread: The Steelers do Steeler-like things

Status
Not open for further replies.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Wouldn't call Denver scary. No offense there. Houston is legit though. Damn good defense and.. if you enjoyed watching us cover Allen all night, wait til you see Fort on DeAndre..

Denver is the best 6-6 team ever.

Really tough schedule, have played every team close. They're really a 9-3 or 8-4 team.

Colonel Mustard

Dec 26, 2017
You panic about both teams non stop

Id love to play the Chargers in the playoffs. Team is a joke. Refs gave it to em...dont care about other mistakes..that **** happens every game.

Not worried about that team at all.

Love that one again some are giving up on Steelers....reminding me alot of 2005

Next week in Oakland will be like Bears game...2005
Finally some positivity in this thread

Reactions: lordstanley91

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
You panic about both teams non stop

Id love to play the Chargers in the playoffs. Team is a joke. Refs gave it to em...dont care about other mistakes..that **** happens every game.

Not worried about that team at all.

Love that one again some are giving up on Steelers....reminding me alot of 2005
Leaving Allen run free all night “happens every game”?

Davis smashing a sure INT from Haden, deflecting the ball up for a TD happens every game?

Special teams penalties on every kick or punt happens every game?

Well shit, you’re right, it DOES happen every game TO THE STEELERS. Go find me the tape of this happening in every game to the Pats or the Saints.

Reactions: Shockmaster

lordstanley91

Jan 22, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Wouldn't call Denver scary. No offense there. Houston is legit though. Damn good defense and.. if you enjoyed watching us cover Allen all night, wait til you see Fort on DeAndre..

Still can’t figure out why they wouldn’t rotate a DB into the slot and just kept rushing 4 all second half...mind boggling

Colonel Mustard

Dec 26, 2017
I’m shaking my head on how the owners can be happy watching **** like this go on year after year.
They make the playoffs almost every year. They have more wins than almost any team since 2000. Its not like theyre the browns out there

lordstanley91

Jan 22, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Leaving Allen run free all night “happens every game”?

Davis smashing a sure INT from Haden, deflecting the ball up for a TD happens every game?

Special teams penalties on every kick or punt happens every game?

Well ****, you’re right, it DOES happen every game TO THE STEELERS. Go find me the tape of this happening in every game to the Pats or the Saints.
The sun will come out tomorrow bet your bottom dollar tomorrowwwww!

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
The only AFC team that Pittsburgh needs to worry about is the Steelers. That team right there routinely destroyed them like clockwork.

They should be scared shitless of facing that team.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
Denver is the best 6-6 team ever.

Really tough schedule, have played every team close. They're really a 9-3 or 8-4 team.

They do find a way to keep games close. I guess it's just I have zero trust Keenum can win a big game.

Just looked, they have a REAL favorable schedule. Just SD at home, week 17. Which could be meaningless to them.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
That was a frustrating game. Chargers have a really good offense. Holding them to just 7 points in the first half was good but the defense fell apart in the 2nd half.

I thought we got f***ed by the refs on some plays. The missed false start that resulted in a TD for the Chargers was inexcusable. The first offsides by Haden on the game winning field goal attempt was iffy. The holding call on Foster on the first drive of the 2nd half that negated a long run by Conner was bogus. I think the refs got the jersey numbers confused. It looked like Chuks grabbed a bit of a Chargers lineman's jersey but it wasn't much and it had no real effect on the play.

The Davis hit on Haden in the end zone when Haden likely would have knocked down or intercepted the ball was infuriating, especially since the ball bounced right to a Chargers player for a fluky TD. The whole second half of blowing a 23-7 lead at home was just frustrating.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Maybe Phil stopped by and passed out spare hot dogs he had with him

I started thinking about this.
Why do they call hawdogs hotdogs? Because dogs are usually mutts? Breeds mixed with breeds.

So hot dogs are basically equal too or less than the quality of dog food, which is poultry by-product, which is multiple/various bits of animal discards not really recommendable for human consumption. Such as, lamb intestines, chicken bone/tissue ground down into a pink slime, animal organs (ie, ground up kidney, live, heart), toilet bowl water (to make the slime more malleable). Yum.

This brought down Phil and the Steelers.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
I don’t care how good Denver is or bad officiating or any of that.

This team has glorious opportunities to win both of these games and they shit the bed and essentially beat themselves.

THAT is where the frustration is the highest. They should have easily beat Denver, in Denver, but couldn’t hold onto the f***ing ball and pissed the game away. The should have easily walked away from the Chargers but shot themselves in the foot over and over again with penalties, blown coverages, and a turnover.

Just like they should have beaten New England last year but they did what they always do and decided to play prevent D with plenty of time left and let the Pats march right down the field to take the lead. Then they had the opportunity to win it but James couldn’t hold onto the f***ing ball. And of course while the review is going on, Ben, Tomlin and Haley stood there with their thumbs up their asses and didn’t have a plan if it was overturned. This resulted in the rushed BS pass play that was picked...

Like I said, this team beats themselves much more than any other team beats them. They are their own worst enemy and THEY are the ones that they need to worry about...

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
I did enjoy getting hyped as I seen Haden about to intercept a pass.

Just to see Davis absolutely destroy him.

Then see the ball pop out to Allen as he skated by the train wreck of steelers defenders.

Sums up our season so far.

Enough talent to be a top team and then boom we do some dumb shit.

Reactions: KIRK

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Also the ref or refs that blew that obvious false start should be suspended.

That was the most blatant missed call I've ever seen.

I also found it funny that steelers kept jumping offsides at the end. Petty as f*** and I'm pretty certain they did that shit on purpose.

Reactions: Colonel Mustard

mynameisnick4

Jan 18, 2012
Pittsburgh
The worst thing about all of this is that the piss poor coaching has the officiating as a scapegoat. How many times do you see Belichick challenge something that is obviously not going to get overturned? How many times to do you see the Patriots blow multiple score leads or leave points on the board? I know that Tomlin will never get fired (at least until after this core is in the grave) because of the Steelers "history" of keeping coaches for long stretches plus the Rooney rule. It still pisses me off to no end.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
The worst thing about all of this is that the piss poor coaching has the officiating as a scapegoat. How many times do you see Belichick challenge something that is obviously not going to get overturned? How many times to do you see the Patriots blow multiple score leads or leave points on the board? I know that Tomlin will never get fired (at least until after this core is in the grave) because of the Steelers "history" of keeping coaches for long stretches plus the Rooney rule. It still pisses me off to no end.
This guy gets it.

JBose7

Jun 7, 2013
The Offense let the defense down. When you give up a drive you need the offense to come out and get first downs to give the defense a chance to regroup. The drops, the conservative playcalling mixed with Ben being inaccurate never gave the defense a chance to regroup. The defense was on the field all second half. Another great game playcalling by a novice OC

Reactions: Andy99

mynameisnick4

Jan 18, 2012
Pittsburgh
The Offense let the defense down. When you give up a drive you need the offense to come out and get first downs to give the defense a chance to regroup. The drops, the conservative playcalling mixed with Ben being inaccurate never gave the defense a chance to regroup. The defense was on the field all second half. Another great game playcalling by a novice OC
The defense didn't make a single stop in the second half. The only reason why the Chargers didn't score a touchdown on the final drive is because they didn't need to. Had they needed a TD to win, they would have got it. The defense did well in the first half but that's it. This defense also never forces turnovers. This has been an issue for the past how many seasons? They literally take each other out to prevent taking the ball away as proven tonight.

lordstanley91

Jan 22, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Also why did they start running Conner from under center? If I recall correctly his big gash runs have all come from shotgun where he can scan the line and hit the open hole instead of being led toward a hole, which is what happens when you snap it from under center.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
The defense didn't make a single stop in the second half. The only reason why the Chargers didn't score a touchdown on the final drive is because they didn't need to. Had they needed a TD to win, they would have got it. The defense did well in the first half but that's it. This defense also never forces turnovers. This has been an issue for the past how many seasons? They literally take each other out to prevent taking the ball away as proven tonight.
In order for that defense to have a decent game, the offense needs to grab a lead early and build on it. Doing that forces the other team to be more one dimensional and makes things a little easier on the D, knowing what sort of packages the offense will be running out of.

When opposing offenses have the lead or are only slightly behind, they can continue to use their entire playbook and confuse and discombobulate the D as we routinely see. Guys running uncovered, gaps being empty, etc.

This team is built around a potent offense that allegedly should be able to score at will but they far too often just look like they hit a wall and can’t get out of their own way. It’s either a turnover or a dropped pass or a badly thrown ball, untimely sacks, throws short of the sticks on 3rd down, etc.

The offense shits the bed too many times and forces a tired and weak D back onto the field as the opposing offense is hitting their stride. Can’t happen to a championship caliber team. Shouldn’t happen.

And one of my pet peeves with this team is the repeateded long bomb, 50/50 ball attempts when all they need is 2 or 3 for a first. That’s why I say “take what they give you”. If it’s 2nd and 2, run your best play to get 3 or 4 yards and move the sticks. Don’t waste a solid first down play they nets 8 because your going for a homer in. Too often then it ends up 3rd and 2 and then some draw play gets blown up in the backfield. Keep the chains moving, take your shots when they are there.

JBose7

Jun 7, 2013
In order for that defense to have a decent game, the offense needs to grab a lead early and build on it. Doing that forces the other team to be more one dimensional and makes things a little easier on the D, knowing what sort of packages the offense will be running out of.

When opposing offenses have the lead or are only slightly behind, they can continue to use their entire playbook and confuse and discombobulate the D as we routinely see. Guys running uncovered, gaps being empty, etc.

This team is built around a potent offense that allegedly should be able to score at will but they far too often just look like they hit a wall and can’t get out of their own way. It’s either a turnover or a dropped pass or a badly thrown ball, untimely sacks, throws short of the sticks on 3rd down, etc.

The offense ****s the bed too many times and forces a tired and weak D back onto the field as the opposing offense is hitting their stride. Can’t happen to a championship caliber team. Shouldn’t happen.

And one of my pet peeves with this team is the repeateded long bomb, 50/50 ball attempts when all they need is 2 or 3 for a first. That’s why I say “take what they give you”. If it’s 2nd and 2, run your best play to get 3 or 4 yards and move the sticks. Don’t waste a solid first down play they nets 8 because your going for a homer in. Too often then it ends up 3rd and 2 and then some draw play gets blown up in the backfield. Keep the chains moving, take your shots when they are there.
Thank you. Thats all I was saying in my earlier post. People can always say " The defense didn't make a single stop" ......well that don't matter if your offense is on the field controlling the tempo of the game, forcing the other teams defense to make stops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->