The Pittsburgher Thread - The standard is the standard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Both QBs sucked at throwing the football.

One of the teams had Gio Bernard and the other did not. And one of the teams had a QB with a 4.9 40. The other had a QB with a 6.4 40.

Juju's dancing, Tomlin yada yada. Better offensive line and a non-statue QB won that game.
NEWSFLASH: Tomlin sees the O Line and Ben in practice every f***ing day. IF Ben simply cannot operate the QB position anymore and the O Line get figure shit out, it’s in HIM for not correcting it, and that means benching Ben if need be.

So we can deflect all we want and blame it all on “fat ass, lazy, piece of shit” Ben, but it ultimately lies at the feet of the head coach.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Remember, the collapse over the last three weeks is because of that fat f***ing sonofabitch Ben and nothing else. Get rid of that 2 ton slug, piece of shit and this offense will thrive. He’s literally weighing down the team and dragging down Tomlin’s illustrious winning percentage.
Bro... how about the collapse last year, 8-5 to 8-8 with 3 straight games scoring 10 points including losses to the Jets and the Ravens’ backups with Ducky Hodges @ QB?

I mean yeah Ben is sucking right now. But you really think any of the alternatives would work? Also, they had a healthier defense during last year’s collapse too (yikes basically have to phrase it like it’s annual thing - and yeah, 3 straight years now plus a few bad losses even before that that screwed with their overall chances even in the playoffs)

Reactions: KIRK

mynameisnick4

Jan 18, 2012
Pittsburgh
The Steelers just lost to a team that failed to eclipse 100 yards passing. Who knew such a thing was possible in modern football?
The Steelers defense has it rough, not only are the facing the opposing teams offense, they are also handicapped by their own offense. If they are not causing them to gas by constant 3 and outs, they are giving the other teams short fields to work with. Even as injury ravaged as this defense is, I'd still put them up with any defense in the AFC. That offense is just a dumpster fire.

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
Honestly they'd probably actually be better off losing out and letting the Browns win the division. They'd avoid a division winner's schedule next year, and likely would end up with a better draft position.

Considering how much talent loss there's going to be however it might not really matter all that much.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
I don't think Tomlin is great by any means.

But Ben has been exposed as a bottom-5 starting NFL QB after the quick-hitter offense was exposed. And before you talk about Fichtner...Ben is responsible for Fichtner's employment. Don't wanna f****g hear it.
Then tell Mikey to get some balls and send Randy packing. And if fat f*** Ben doesn’t like it, then he can hit the road too. Then aviators can get a “real” QB and prove his worth by winning multiple Super Bowls...

Is he not the head coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers? Does he just bend over and do whatever Ben wants to do? If he does, and Ben is the one costing the team, then isn’t it ultimately on Mikey???

Reactions: Hungamania

RustyRazor

né Selfish Man
Mar 9, 2004
PNW
There aren't enough fingers to point right now. Put them in any order you want, the collapse is due in part to...

- Ben has not been good. Sometimes he's been terrible.
- Offensive line cannot run block. Tonight they couldn't pass block.
- Running backs are all "just a guy"
- Drops! Drops! Drops!
- Randy Ball
- Keith Butler's vaunted defense coming up small in key spots
- Mike Tomlin not changing a f***ing thing. Not holding a single person accountable. Not coaches, not players.
- Injuries to the LB corps.

I might've missed someone but I think that pretty well covers it. All but the last one are factors that the team can control.

Reactions: KIRK and Hungamania

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
NEWSFLASH: Tomlin sees the O Line and Ben in practice every f***ing day. IF Ben simply cannot operate the QB position anymore and the O Line get figure shit out, it’s in HIM for not correcting it, and that means benching Ben if need be.

So we can deflect all we want and blame it all on “fat ass, lazy, piece of shit” Ben, but it ultimately lies at the feet of the head coach.

Ok, so you agree that we should put Ben out to pasture but Tomlin is too gutless to do it.

Weird, when people talked about absolutely needing to upgrade over Rudolph this offseason I had assumed it was to ensure against Ben getting hurt. Had no idea it'd be with the eventuality that the wheels would come off for Ben.

If we spent money on Mariota instead of Ebron he'd be our starting QB now and we'd have a fighting chance at making the AFC champ game at least. Oh well.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Bro... how about the collapse last year, 8-5 to 8-8 with 3 straight games scoring 10 points including losses to the Jets and the Ravens’ backups with Ducky Hodges @ QB?

I mean yeah Ben is sucking right now. But you really think any of the alternatives would work? Also, they had a healthier defense during last year’s collapse too (yikes basically have to phrase it like it’s annual thing - and yeah, 3 straight years now plus a few bad losses even before that that screwed with their overall chances even in the playoffs)
SARCASM

Certain posters decided to counter any criticisms of Tomlin and crew by blaming everything on that “washed up fat f***ing slob excuse of an NFL QB”...

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
I’d love for us to trade up for Zach Wilson. He is a beast and would be able to get the most out of our WRs.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I hate Tomlin, but fatty blew this one.

The offensive play-calling was atrocious. Throw the ball to the line of scrimmage every play isn’t working well.

RustyRazor

né Selfish Man
Mar 9, 2004
PNW
I’d love for us to trade up for Zach Wilson. He is a beast and would be able to get the most out of our WRs.

This year has to be about the OL. Ben is here next year whether we like it or not. Given current evidence, the team will be pretty shitty next year with him at the helm and there will be a couple of good QB prospects to choose from in the top 10.

Reactions: vodeni

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
SARCASM

Certain posters decided to counter any criticisms of Tomlin and crew by blaming everything on that “washed up fat f***ing slob excuse of an NFL QB”...

He's now riding the coattails of a QB who was the primary reason that he has never had a losing season. So he won't bench him regardless

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008

He’s fun to watch. I think he’ll be the second guy off the board though so it’d take shit ton to trade up for him. I really really hope they stay away from Mac Jones or Trask.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Has a team ever fail to win their division after a 11-0 start I wonder? Tomlin failed to get the team in the playoffs after a 7-2-1 start and he has a chance to once again put his name in the history books. Impressive.

That will be a more impressive record than being the first coach to lose a playoff game at home when scoring 40+ points.

Both records would be quite the feathers in his cap that may never be broken.

Reactions: TNT87 and KIRK

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Ok, so you agree that we should put Ben out to pasture but Tomlin is too gutless to do it.

Weird, when people talked about absolutely needing to upgrade over Rudolph this offseason I had assumed it was to ensure against Ben getting hurt. Had no idea it'd be with the eventuality that the wheels would come off for Ben.

If we spent money on Mariota instead of Ebron he'd be our starting QB now and we'd have a fighting chance at making the AFC champ game at least. Oh well.
No, I don’t believe that Ben is washed up and needs to be kicked to the curb. Through the first half of the season, everyone was raving about how great of a season he was having and then something changed with the ENTIRE offense. Drops, missed blocking assignments, etc, and it all went to shit in a hurry. Earlier in the year Ben was chucking the ball down the field to Claypool and nobody had any concern for his arm or his knee or his feet or anything.

So WTF is going on now? Is Ben injured? Is it they the offense has not evolved and that defenses are easily defending it now? Is it the injuries to the O line? Absolutely no running game?

Likely a combination of all of that and yet for some reason all the blame falls on Ben in the last three weeks.

Again, if Ben can’t throw the ball downfield, Tomlin should be able to see that at practice, no? If the O line is struggling, what are they working on in practice to fix the issues?

Reactions: KIRK and Hungamania

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
The Steelers' season ended when Dupree went out for the year.

It doesn't explain entirely the offensive failures except that it put more pressure on the offense.

But everyone has known that this team was a pretender for most of the year.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
This year has to be about the OL. Ben is here next year whether we like it or not. Given current evidence, the team will be pretty shitty next year with him at the helm and there will be a couple of good QB prospects to choose from in the top 10.

Yeah, you’re right. It was painfully obvious tonight too. If there’s a good LT available, makes sense to go there rd 1. There’s a reason we saw Finley tonight and not Burrow.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
He’s fun to watch. I think he’ll be the second guy off the board though so it’d take shit ton to trade up for him. I really really hope they stay away from Mac Jones or Trask.

Yeah, I could see him jumping Fields for sure. He reminds me of Kyler Murray. I like Mac Jones, but he’s also surrounded by studs so it’s tough to tell how good he actually is. Not a fan of Trask, agreed there.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
No, I don’t believe that Ben is washed up and needs to be kicked to the curb. Through the first half of the season, everyone was raving about how great of a season he was having and then something changed with the ENTIRE offense. Drops, missed blocking assignments, etc, and it all went to shit in a hurry. Earlier in the year Ben was chucking the ball down the field to Claypool and nobody had any concern for his arm or his knee or his feet or anything.

So WTF is going on now? Is Ben injured? Is it they the offense has not evolved and that defenses are easily defending it now? Is it the injuries to the O line? Absolutely no running game?

Likely a combination of all of that and yet for some reason all the blame falls on Ben in the last three weeks.

Again, if Ben can’t throw the ball downfield, Tomlin should be able to see that at practice, no? If the O line is struggling, what are they working on in practice to fix the issues?

I was just saying. Give Ben a real coach and he'd be fine elsewhere. Hes too old for Mike Tomlins kindergarten playbook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->