Not open for further replies.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
AZrs.gif

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
Lose to Oakland then beat the Patriots. That is such a Steelers thing to do.

I predict a 20 point blow out next week over the Saints.

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
So, for those of you keeping track, here's where the playoffs NOW stand:

Steelers (8-5-1) - at Saints, Bengals
Ravens (8-6) - at Chargers, Browns
Titans (8-6) - Redskins, Colts
Colts (8-6) - Giants, at Titans

2-0:
(a) The Steelers are the #4 seed and host whichever of the Chargers/Chiefs lose the West.

1-1:
(b) #4 seed IF the Ravens finish 1-1 or worse.
(b) #6 seed and play at Texans or Pats IF Ravens win out and neither Colts nor Titans finish 2-0.
(c) OUT if Ravens win out and one of Colts or Titans finish 2-0.

0-2:
(a) #4 seed if the Ravens finish 0-2
(b) Otherwise OUT. WC2 is NOT an option.

My advice: Root for the @MurrKess3081 and his Chargers next Saturday. Hard.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I’ll take it. The loss to Oakland is still unforgivable.

I’m glad Bos made a clutch kick because it looks like we’re stuck with him.

Reactions: KIRK

Colonel Mustard

Dec 26, 2017
First back to back losses for the pats in december in forever.

Big ups to those that were crazy enough to pick up and start Samuels. Don’t know if the steelers oline is that good or pats dline was that bad. Given the performance of our backs this year, i think the latter.

D came up huge in the red zone twice. Huge.

Hopefully boz can rebound if he stays around.

Has anyone else noticed gum had gotten mintier?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Reactions: Shady Machine

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Steelers giving up 10 to anyone, let alone the Pats, is a huge accomplishment. Yeah, aided by a few ticky-tack calls against the Pats and drops, but this D should take anything it can get. Next week could be ugly.

I feel just a little (but not much) bad for Gronk. Dude's already moving like he's 40. He'll either be in a wheelchair when he's 50 or be full bionic man.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
On the one hand it is good coaching bringing in the right help.

On the other it is an indictment of current coaching that they needed to.

What I'll say about the Tomlin era when Ben retires - too little too late. They should have done that YEARS ago. They should have switched thigns up YEARS ago. But Tomlin is the most arrogant stubborn person i've ever seen. Even more-so than DB.

But at least they did it. Even if it's too little too late.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I mention the 3 losses and then beating Pats but then again if we win those games we probably lose today.

Id still rather have those 3 wins and be at 10-3-1 tho. With a loss tonight. We had all those games won.

Reactions: KIRK

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Steelers giving up 10 to anyone, let alone the Pats, is a huge accomplishment. Yeah, aided by a few ticky-tack calls against the Pats and drops, but this D should take anything it can get. Next week could be ugly.

I feel just a little (but not much) bad for Gronk. Dude's already moving like he's 40. He'll either be in a wheelchair when he's 50 or be full bionic man.

Theyll sign Jesse James to replace him and he will get 100 catches a year

Reactions: domaug

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Win tonight and if they win at NO next week...thats alot of momentum heading into the playoffs.

Too many mistakes again tonight, but they finally got Washington involved. Samuels beasted. Getting Conner back..use them both. Eli out there helps a bit. Once again our Offense "should" be able to put up points. Still in a must win situation basically(one of Colts- Titans will get 10 wins and 2nd WC) unless the Ravens drop to the Chargers. But theyve never helped us. Screwed us over years ago when we needded them to lose. We lose to them in a game where we should have won and watch them lose to the Ravens.

Then we lose to Saints. But Browns beat Ravens and we beat Bengals lol.

Bottom line we shouldnt even be in this position(forget the 3 losses in a row..just beat the Raiders and we are basically in). But still control own destiny. They were still sloppy tonight..cant afford that next week.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Saints playing tomm night at Carolina. Hopefully beat em up..physical game...they will have one less day of rest.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Another back with huge scrimmage yards in this offense... think JS had 170+ yards

That’s three backs besides Bell now who have done this.

Someone’s gonna be really, really stupid come March...

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Shrug.

All this does is reinforce Tomlin's position. Ben tried to give the game away again with more turnovers.

The D finally stepped up which was fantastic to see, especially considering the opponent. But this is precisely why I can't stand Tomlin coached teams. Lose to punch and judy teams like Oakland and Denver, blow huge leads against one of those and SD and then somehow beat Tom Brady?

We should have more or less just locked up a 1st round bye today and instead we'll still be going to NE if we even get in which is no guarantee.

Reactions: JimmyTwoTimes

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
I asked and it went unanswered, and honestly idk the rules but I would if I were a head coach.

That play late in the game where it was defensive holding against the Pats and we accepted the additional 5 yard penalty, was the clock correct to stop there? They gained an extra timeout in the process. I assume if we decline the clock runs, obviously. But if we allowed the clock to stop on purpose, for 5 yards... well Brady never gets the ball back.

I *thought* the clock would run regardless. So either the refs ****** up badly... or Tomlin ****** up badly.

Reactions: cookthebooks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad