The Pittsburgher Thread: The Bush Era Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
This game has been unwatchable and not just because it’s preseason...does there have to be a flag every other play...

Last edited:

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I hope Skipper makes the team...not just because he has an awesome name, but I’m looking forward to the Gilligan, Professor and Mary Ann memes...

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Looks like I was right about this draft. Bush - real deal. D Johnson - Already not playing. Sign of things to come. Probably a bust. Layne - Meh. Project. Snell - I thought he would be decent but looks disappointing. Gentry - Forgot about him but hopefully pans out. Sutton Smith - He do anything? A lot of hype for nothing. Buggs - Might be the only 2nd or 3rd serviceable player from this draft.

What we needed instead of D Johnson... M Bryant with a head on his shoulders

Dude had one whole catch tonight for 8 yards and you are on here thumping your chest about him?

Maybe wait until he has like... two catches first...

Reactions: KIRK

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
That was such a Steelers game...can’t stop the run or run, blow a big lead, comes down to the last play, and fail to get any TOs despite opportunities...have I missed anything? I really had hoped that juju (not THAT JuJu) would have changed with a new season and all these new players...

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
Ocasionally, I do get carried away with jokes. Hypothetically if I was serious, I fail to see how what I said implied what you are accusing me of. If you have something else to say regarding it, then more power to you but this is my last response on the matter.

Yeah, okay. “I just made a racist joke, I’m not racist.”

“If the NFL is going to survive in the long run, it needs to stop being a make it wish foundation for ghetto America.“ is not only not close to amusing but super racist and disgusting.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
I would love to see us try and trade Dobbs for something, even a 5th or 6th round pick and see what this Devlin kid has moving forward. Word in camp is he's been mighty impressive and he seriously looked legit tonight. Yeah, 3rd and 4th stringers he was playing against, but he also had a bunch of nobodies on the field with him.

He showed poise, moxie, and good zip. Throws an accurate ball. Moves well.

We'll see how he looks in the games moving forward but if he keeps this up, I'd absolutely let Dobbs go and run with Rudolph at 2 and Hodges at 3.

Rudolph at 2 should be a lock anyway.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Nice first showing by Bush. He was literally all over the place.

Rudolph looks like he took a nice big step forward in the offseason. I am pleased with this.

Layne got chewed up tonight but i think we all knew he was gonna take some time to develop but giving too much cushion to WRs and my god his tackling needs work.

Snell struggled but like layne its early and hopefully just needs some development.

Holton had a nice play.

Ulysses looked good.

Dirty Red isn't going away quietly.

Berryman has a boot, maybe he can actually beat out Berry.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
That was such a Steelers game...can’t stop the run or run, blow a big lead, comes down to the last play, and fail to get any TOs despite opportunities...have I missed anything? I really had hoped that juju (not THAT JuJu) would have changed with a new season and all these new players...

At the risk of being that guy, they did have a TO, Mata with a strip sack and Buggs recovered. But yeah, lot of stereotypical stuff in there.

Reactions: Andy99

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Nice first showing by Bush. He was literally all over the place.

Rudolph looks like he took a nice big step forward in the offseason. I am pleased with this.

Layne got chewed up tonight but i think we all knew he was gonna take some time to develop but giving too much cushion to WRs and my god his tackling needs work.

Snell struggled but like layne its early and hopefully just needs some development.

Holton had a nice play.

Ulysses looked good.

Dirty Red isn't going away quietly.

Berryman has a boot, maybe he can actually beat out Berry.

Steelers basically hinted that Layne is a major project and he won’t be playing much this year because he’s so raw. Exactly how Sutton was a project as well, but now he’s starting to come along after a couple years (What an insane draft 2017 will be if Sutton develops to).

I was happy to see Washington play well, now I’d like to see how Johnson and Moncrief do also.

Also hope Nelson gets in next week so I can have a look at him.

Did anyone notice Barron? I know he was in early but I didn’t see anything good or bad...

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
This game has been unwatchable and not just because it’s preseason...does there have to be a flag every other play...

It’s almost like they think their customers enjoy involvement from the refs. Over officiated garbage. Methinks it’s they like to control outcomes. See the San Diego game last year as an example.

Reactions: Andy99

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
It's pre-season. Save the angst for when they pull this in the regular season.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Looks like I was right about this draft. Bush - real deal. D Johnson - Already not playing. Sign of things to come. Probably a bust. Layne - Meh. Project. Snell - I thought he would be decent but looks disappointing. Gentry - Forgot about him but hopefully pans out. Sutton Smith - He do anything? A lot of hype for nothing. Buggs - Might be the only 2nd or 3rd serviceable player from this draft.

What we needed instead of D Johnson... M Bryant with a head on his shoulders

It was the first preseason game. There is basically no game plan in this game. Chill out bud.

And the result of that Metcalf play is exactly what happened in college. Dude is wide open and the ball falls right through his hands. This isn't mentioning he can run one route.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Couple things that popped out to me last night -

Bush and Ola were in the backfield every single play. I feel confident that Ola will supplant Dupree before the end of the season. The guy is so disruptive. Crazy to say, but we have really good potential with this linebacking corps to turn into one of the better ones in the league.

I want to see Rudolph get more reps against top competition. He looked really poised and confident. He doesn't have a bomb of an arm, but he is super accurate and can throw darts. I also think if you're talking about a guy being a backup for Ben, having that guy be someone who plays a very similar game is probably a good thing. Dobbs is fine - he's talented. I do prefer Rudolph though and I think Rudolph has what it takes to be a really good game manager.

I thought our backup oline was rough. I expected a bit more from them against lesser competition.

It was nice to see Washington make plays. He made contested catches and even almost had that beautiful toe-tap catch in the endzone. Hopefully he can take control of the 3WR spot and do something with it.

I didn't quite understand the Snell pick, and I don't understand it now. It's his first game, but I expected a bit more pop out of him. Very bland runner.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
It's pre-season. Save the angst for when they pull this in the regular season.

I’m getting started early because this is still a Tomlin-coached team and underachievement in all facets is the name of the game...

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
The team did lose an outstanding OL coach so I would expect it to take a step back. But they looked overmatched a lot of the time, especially early on. The RBs has nowhere to go. Hopefully it’s just rust or pre-season malaise but I’m skeptical

Reactions: ImporterExporter
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad