OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Super Bowl? Thats like a giant pot of chips or popcorn right?

Who wins?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Its a Qb league if your Qb has a ceiling of Alex Smith Kirk Cousins your going to struggle. I think you can win with Kenny I think he can be Neil Odonold with an offense that uses tons of miss direction play action but on paper he is the worst Qb in the division and isn’t in the 20 in the nfl.
A successful season to me is 11 wins and a playoff win this season
Neil O’Donnell.? There is zero comparison between the two. Neil couldn’t move and struggled with accuracy. No one knows KP’s ceiling at this point, it’s all guessing. But I’m leaning way more upside than average as it stands right now.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
They need to get rid of the franchise tag and start providing teams cap relief to keep their hometown guys. That will help many positional markets by not allowing teams to continuously franchise, but will also see teams be more likely to pay up for their own guys if they get some sort of cap kickback.

I get why the RBs are pissed, but this is just the unfortunate consequence when teams have the option to not pay them.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Putting aside the terrible QB comparisons, as KP’s play style is nothing like any of the QBs you mentioned, the Steelers division holding them back seems like yet another excuse.

Tomlin historically owns LJ, a rookie KP has already beaten Watson, and the Steelers managed to topple Cincy with a journeyman QB last season.

Winning the North may be difficult, but there is no legit excuse why they can’t secure one of the three wildcard spots.

This org has invested heavily in their D which should be the unit leading the way and I’ve been told Tomlin is a defensive savant so… shouldn’t this unit be a powerhouse?

Kahn also invested substantial monetary and draft capital in fixing the o-line.

The skill positions are filled with good young players on rookie deals.

I don’t see any legit excuses why Tomlin can’t win a playoff game this season.

Isn’t that what we should expect from a “top 3 coach” with an expensive D and an O filled with talented young guys?
Yeah his play style is exactly like Kirk. KP will need a play action game to overcome his lack of arm strength he will need to be a much better anticipation thrower.

Again Billichick has 1 playoff win with out brady Hairball has 1 without Flacco Shanahan has a losing record without Jimmy G.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
They need to get rid of the franchise tag and start providing teams cap relief to keep their hometown guys. That will help many positional markets by not allowing teams to continuously franchise, but will also see teams be more likely to pay up for their own guys if they get some sort of cap kickback.

I get why the RBs are pissed, but this is just the unfortunate consequence when teams have the option to not pay them.

You probably don't need me to tell you the owners aren't going to agree to have less control and pay more money though :naughty:

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Yeah his play style is exactly like Kirk. KP will need a play action game to overcome his lack of arm strength he will need to be a much better anticipation thrower.

Again Billichick has 1 playoff win with out brady Hairball has 1 without Flacco Shanahan has a losing record without Jimmy G.

Nah man, his playing style is nothing like KC. KC is a rhythm passer that struggles when things break down.

He’s Mr Roboto and that’s why he struggles in the playoffs.

Dude is in his 30s now and admits he always struggled in this area and needs to get better:

KP excels when he’s on the move and has to improvise.

I’ve pointed this out about a dozen times since I watched his film before last year’s draft.

This ability sets him apart from a lot of QBs around the league.

Your comparisons for him are poor and lack understanding of how he plays the game.

Hoodie is on the hot seat now, as Kraft admitted he needs to start winning playoff games. And this is a guy with 5 more SBs than Tomlin.

Your buddy Harbaugh was on his way out until he did some great shit for LJ and he in turn helped Harbaugh off the hot seat.

If Ravens don’t win a playoff game this season, his seat will get really hot - again.

Again, whataboutism is just more excuses for Tomlin who has an owner just shit and giggles happy he’s their coach.

Last edited:

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021

BR was 5-1 in the playoffs under Cowher…8-9 under Tomlin. FWIW.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
BR was 5-1 in the playoffs under Cowher…8-9 under Tomlin. FWIW.
Yeah i am looking forward to the game manager at Qb again the gunslinger retired. Ben wasn’t asked to win it himself for 4 seasons i don’t think KP will be asked to win games before year 4 just do not lose them
Ben only won 1 playoff game that he threw 3 tds in

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
You probably don't need me to tell you the owners aren't going to agree to have less control and pay more money though :naughty:

Oh yeah, the owners aren't going to want that, but with that being said, if they were owners that wanted to win, the cap relief would help the cause. For the owners who don't care about winning, they will never go for it.

The NFLPA is going to come for the franchise tag. It has screwed too many players out of long term deals. Simple solution is to allow a player to only be tagged once.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I haven't gone through the entire roster, but if you take out Seumalo, the most any player on the roster has won in the playoffs is 1 game. They really need to do some damage.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
LMFAO... From Joe Starkey in today's PPG:
"It’s strange. The Steelers consider themselves Super Bowl-or-bust every year and operate as such, yet nobody seems to take them seriously as contenders anymore.

In fact, many praise them for mediocre seasons in which they either miss the playoffs or barely make them and get blown out."

"Somebody needs to remind me of the standard around here, because it sure seems like we have an annual case of Tomlin barely exceeding low expectations and drawing all manner of praise for it."

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Yeah that signing is nice. I think he at least used to be really good in coverage. Between him, Holcomb, Roberts, and Robinson they should get better production from the linebackers than they did last year.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Yeah that signing is nice. I think he at least used to be really good in coverage. Between him, Holcomb, Roberts, and Robinson they should get better production from the linebackers than they did last year.

If just one of them can manage a sack, FF, FR or Int they will be more productive in regards to splash plays than the former group.

Having your X not score a single TD all season and your ILB group not produce even one splash play has to have astronomical odds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad