The Pittsburgher Thread: Steelolers and PSU/OSU Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
The Steelers first Superbowl win and their final one to finish off their dynasty in the 70s

Would like to see a rematch vs one of these teams

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
As a Steelers/PSU fan, this might sound nuts, but the Ravens against the Steelers scare me more than OSU against PSU.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Love how we get more production out of our WRs picked in the 2nd and 3rd rounds each year...

Over alot of these WRs taken in the first round. Corey Coleman..bust. Perriman..bust. Treadwell...avg. And so on.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Looking like a good game tonight. 7-7. Hope the Vikes can keep up and keep it close.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Looking like a good game tonight. 7-7. Hope the Vikes can keep up and keep it close.

They should. Talk about a team overlooking their opponent(Bills). They had their minds on this game...thought 3-0 was in the bag. Its not only us that happens to.

Even tho we've done it more often. Better not see it anymore after that Jags loss. No more excuses. And I think they have learned...the playcalling is more aggressive now. Throwing way more than ever and I dont see that stopping..with us facing so many good offenses this year with a suspect defense.

Should be a career year for Ben. Along with many other QBs, but considering our schedule and defense..if Ben can stay healthy he could actually break the single season yards record. 5400 yards. Already at 1150 thru 3 games. Yeah its early but like I said...weak defense combined with our schedule and no Bell. Stars aligned for that to happen this season.

Not to mention the extra weapons we have in Mcdonald and Washington.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Kupp and Smith-Schuster the best WRs of last years class. JuJu end of 2nd round. Kupp next WR taken in early 3rd. Better than the 5 WRs taken ahead of them. Bengals took John Ross what..7th overall? Kupp and JuJu are very similar too

QBs continue to put up big numbers. This will go on all season. 300 yards the new 200..basically expected now. Remember when getting over 200 yards passing was a big deal? 4000 yards basically the new 3000. But this year we could see a handful over 5000.

Last edited:

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Goff 250 yards and 4 TDs at half. Cousins 200 yards and 2 TDs and getting the ball back with 1:30 left. Lol.
This is gonna be a crazy year . Copy cat league..RBs suddenly not getting carries again. That didnt last long. Had a few years of being back.

Reactions: BlackAndGold87

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Remember not so long ago when Jeff Fisher coached the Rams. If he were still in charge with this much better offense, he'd still be running off tackle on first and second down and throwing short of the sticks on third and long.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Remember not so long ago when Jeff Fisher coached the Rams. If he were still in charge with this much better offense, he's still be running off tackle on first and second down and throwing short of the sticks on third and long.

Oh for sure. He was there during Goff's first year right?

Alot dont realize how much of a factor playcalling..game plans have. Ben never got the respect because he didnt put up big numbers. Nobody paid attention to his 20 attempts a game tho. All we did was run the ball. Then suddenly in the 4th quarter when we "had" to throw...Theres Ben with the GW drives.

He could have been doing what all those other QBs did. Brees and Rodgers on teams that never ran the ball.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
33 pass attempts for Cousins in the first half

Both QBs with over 250 yards.

Ben has to keep pace..lets have another 500 yard game from him like last year against Ravens(39-38).

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
33 pass attempts for Cousins in the first half

Both QBs with over 250 yards.

Ben has to keep pace..lets have another 500 yard game from him like last year against Ravens(39-38).
He will absolutely need to in order to keep up with that Ravens offense.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
Kupp and Smith-Schuster the best WRs of last years class. JuJu end of 2nd round. Kupp next WR taken in early 3rd. Better than the 5 WRs taken ahead of them. Bengals took John Ross what..7th overall? Kupp and JuJu are very similar too

QBs continue to put up big numbers. This will go on all season. 300 yards the new 200..basically expected now. Remember when getting over 200 yards passing was a big deal? 4000 yards basically the new 3000. But this year we could see a handful over 5000.

I remember when 250 was the bench mark for a QB. And running backs were all you drafted in the first round. Ah I miss the old days.

And now I don't play fantasy anymore because scrub QBs throw for a zillion yards and it bothers me.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
Steelers brought in a safety FA, drafted a safety in the first round, and somehow it's a good move to trade the best skill position player in the league for a safety? Come on. Earl Thomas + 1st & 3rd.

Take out Thomas and the first and Seattle does it..... I’m still not sure why people think Bell is going to bring back anything of value if he gets dealt

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Vikes missing Griffen is a big deal. Rams would still be putting up points though. Didn't expect this many points on a Thurs night with two ostensibly good defenses. Over under was 49.5.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
A dude in my league has both cooks and kupp...they’re both on his bench. Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->