The Pittsburgher Thread: Pittsburgh Finished It

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I get your overall point, just think this isn’t sustainable long term with this crew. Maybe they can keep using smoke and mirrors for awhile, but DCs will eventually catch up I think.

Conner is not the type of loss that Ben or AB is/was. Conner is not prime Le'Veon or prime AP or CMC. The running back position is the deepest position in all of football and the gradient of difference between a Conner and a Snell or a Whyte is microscopic compared to say, TJ Watt vs. Tuzar Skipper. Or Minkah vs. Sean Davis.

This is the same reason why I had zero problem with losing declining Le'Veon. People said "well what happens when you have to pay Conner then?" You move on from him too. I feel badly for RBs in the CBA but it is what it is.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Conner is not the type of loss that Ben or AB is/was. Conner is not prime Le'Veon or prime AP or CMC. The running back position is the deepest position in all of football and the gradient of difference between a Conner and a Snell or a Whyte is microscopic compared to say, TJ Watt vs. Tuzar Skipper. Or Minkah vs. Sean Davis.

This is the same reason why I had zero problem with losing declining Le'Veon. People said "well what happens when you have to pay Conner then?" You move on from him too. I feel badly for RBs in the CBA but it is what it is.

I don’t get attached to RBs and knew Bell was on the decline two years ago. I was livid they were even trying to sign him, let alone to stupid ass money.

Conner is talented, but fragile. So if they move on, meh.

I just don’t see Snell, Whyte or even Samuels (my guy) as long term answers. I think they can help, but they need a legit threat back there other teams need to game plan for.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I don’t get attached to RBs and knew Bell was on the decline two years ago. I was livid they were even trying to sign him, let alone to stupid ass money.

I just don’t see Snell, Whyte or even Samuels (my guy) as long term answers. I think they can help, but they need a legit threat back there other teams need to game plan for.

There's like 3 running backs in the league that are worth planning for. Otherwise, teams live or die through the air.

I'd like for them to preemptively address the OL, address TE and find a way to keep Bud & Javon way before giving a moment's thought to the RB position this offseason. Unless part of that thought is "hey let's extend James Conner" in which case I hope the immediate reaction is an "N" followed by many, many "O"s.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
Anyone see 7-1 coming without Ben? Me neither. Tomlin has done a fine job with a really beat up team. But some folks are incapable of giving the guy credit.

On another note, am I a bad person to enjoy the Pats being on the receiving end of a couple of bad calls? Guess I'll just have to learn to live with the shame....

Reactions: Mario_is_BACK!!

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
We’re 8-5 and Ben played in 2 games this year, both losses. So we’re 8-3 without him.

Am I missing something with the 7-1? I’ve seen it a couple times now. Either way the record is awesome and could actually be 2 win better.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
There's like 3 running backs in the league that are worth planning for. Otherwise, teams live or die through the air.

I'd like for them to preemptively address the OL, address TE and find a way to keep Bud & Javon way before giving a moment's thought to the RB position this offseason. Unless part of that thought is "hey let's extend James Conner" in which case I hope the immediate reaction is an "N" followed by many, many "O"s.

There are a bunch of RBs teams have to game plan for.

A guy doesn’t have to be a feature back to worry teams, but DC certainly aren’t going to be up at night worrying about how Snell is going to hurt them.

It isn’t like this new RBBC approach with these guys is making the offense some force. Their offense is still pretty woeful and the high watermark in the last five weeks is what...? 23 points?

If the D wasn’t playing so well and masking their offensive woes, I severely doubt people would be acting like these RBs are any good.

They need to find another guy like Conner that can do it all, but doesn’t you know, break every half dozen games.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
well if Tomlin called a fake punt and then called it off, it’s still his fault if that change didn’t get to Berry in the first place...and why even make an initial call of a fake punt there in that context of the game..it’s stupid

It's funny because as soon as I saw it I wondered "Did Tomlin want to get even since the Cards ran their own fake punt?"

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013

Connor proved he can be an every down back.

the other guys have their talents but are complimentary pieces.

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
running backs are a bit like pitchers. The skill set is there in a lot of people to do it well for a short time but the ability to stay healthy and do it for 10 years is exceedingly rare

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
If all RB's are healthy then Conner is the obvious starter. JS is the 3rd down back and Snell is used to run if/when Conner is hurt.

The better question is who is the #2 WR when all WR's are healthy.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
I am a big believer in taking the BPA when we draft.

But anyone think we could take someone like Dobbins in the 2nd round. He should be around there at that point maybe.

I think Swift, Hubbard go in the first.

Taylor could go before or after him.

It's still a long way off. We got bowl games, senior bowl, combine, pro days that could fluctuate their stock.

Just wondering.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
I'm not too high on any of the TEs that at the moment are projecting to be there at our pick.

And it's too hard to tell how the WRs will shake out after Jeudy for the moment, and who will be there for us.

Havent checked out Oline.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Jesus Christ people. Conner is straight garbage. If he were healthy, I'd still scratch him. He doesn't run harder than Snell, doesn't catch better than Samuels, and is about half as fast as Whyte. The fact he brings size and skills at a so-so level in one package does NOTHING. The committee is vastly superior to Conner.

What has helped things a lot is the run blocking having improved. Granted, it's been against the Browns without Garrett and the Cardinals. We'll see how things go against the Bills.

Reactions: Pengwins

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I'm not too high on any of the TEs that at the moment are projecting to be there at our pick.

And it's too hard to tell how the WRs will shake out after Jeudy for the moment, and who will be there for us.

Havent checked out Oline.

Albert Okwuegbunam. I've seen mocks say he's the best TE and going in 1st round and the latest mock had him going in the 4th round. As far as OL.. I want Tyler Biadasz to replace Pouncey. They are saying best college football center this decade. Some mocks have him going 1st. Latest had him early 2nd. We'd probably have to trade up for him.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Will Booger be calling the game tonight or did the finally fire his worthless yappity ass.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I'm guessing we're stuck with Tessitore and Booger the rest of the season.
aw bloody hell. Mute it is.
Can not stand the guy. Even if he was good at his job I'd still not like him. That tone and voice alone drives me insane.

Whoever hired that guy should be fired and never hold down any future job where important decisions need to be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->