The Pittsburgher Thread: Off-Season Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
Who do you guys realistically want in the draft at this point in time? Obviously a long way to go and a lot can change but just curious.

1st - Banks, Milliner, Jones, Te'o, maybe Mingo and Jordan, Warmack, Reid, Werner, Ogletree, Rhodes.

2nd - Lacey, Chase Thomas, Arthur Brown, Elam, Swearinger, Vaccarro, Hopkins, Minter.

3rd - Rambo, Skov, Rodgers, Simon.

I wouldn't mind any combination of those. Depends on the combine climbers and fallers.

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Despite popular belief there's more to college football than ND.

Oh I know, I just wasn't really interested in other teams. I was only interested in ND football and I don't think I was even that big of a fan. I am more of a pro sports fan, I can watch college sports, but can't really get into any one team, maybe I will try watching Pitt or Penn State because they're local teams.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
Oh I know, I just wasn't really interested in other teams. I was only interested in ND football and I don't think I was even that big of a fan. I am more of a pro sports fan, I can watch college sports, but can't really get into any one team, maybe I will try watching Pitt or Penn State because they're local teams.

Nothing personal but....

**** Notre Dame

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
You really shouldn't do that to yourself. :laugh:

BrunoPuntzJones

Biscuit Scorer
Apr 17, 2012
Washington, DC
I went to Pitt for grad school two years ago. When I got there they were ranked #15 going into the season. One of my first nights in town I watched the game against Utah, which they lost in OT. I gave up on the idea of getting into it about then. At least they give me a D-I team to properly endorse since my undergrad alma mater is a D-II doormat.

Looks like the second half has actually been kind of interesting.

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Nothing personal but....

**** Notre Dame

I don't take it personal, like I said I'm done with the team, I don't mean to sound like a bandwagon jumper, but I don't really care since it's college :laugh:

You really shouldn't do that to yourself. :laugh:

:laugh: yeah but like I said it's the local team, I'm a Pittsburgh fan so why not root for the local D1 team? Maybe I will root for Penn State because they have a D1 football and hockey team.

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
jesus Barrett Jones just shoved McCarron. and Saban is jumping all over the sidelines. the team is more animated up 41-14 than they were at the beginning of the game. :laugh:

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Penn State has a better chance of being relevant going forward, even with all the sanctions levied against them, especially with two lousy football programs being added to their neck of the woods in the B1G.

Pitt is doomed to be an also-ran basketball school in a mid-market city going forward unless things drastically change. On the bright side they're earning a reputation as a running back factory...the downside of that is that they all leave early.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
As a Pitt alum and fan I have to agree :cry:
My condolences. :laugh:
:laugh: yeah but like I said it's the local team, I'm a Pittsburgh fan so why not root for the local D1 team? Maybe I will root for Penn State because they have a D1 football and hockey team.
Yeah, I'm the same way. I cheer for all the local teams. I'm not a die hard for Pitt or Penn State like I am for the Pens or Steelers but I still cheer for them. Cheering for Pitt lately is not easy though but at least they will have the same coach two years in a row. That's some progress.

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Penn State would be the logical choice between the 2 teams. I agree Captain Hook, to me there's just a different level of interest between college and pro sports.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
ESPN fired Rob Parker. Originally he apologized a few weeks ago for the "cornball brother" remarks about RGIII, then a few days ago backtracked on it, saying his comments were "taken out of context."

If ESPN had any sense of integrity, they would have fired him from the beginning. Instead, they encourage **** like this and only suspended him because of media outcry. I guess when he backtracked on his apology, ESPN had no choice but to fire him.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
Rob Parker is an idiot and shouldn't be anywhere near a camera or microphone. The same goes for Stephen A. Smith as well.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
^ Skip Bayless too.

ESPN really is horrible these days. Too bad they own the rights to so many games to the point where their moronic talking heads are almost unavoidable.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
^ Skip Bayless too.

ESPN really is horrible these days. Too bad they own the rights to so many games to the point where their moronic talking heads are almost unavoidable.

It would be nice to see NBC Sports Network bump ESPN down someday. Unfortunately I don't think that day is very close until NBCSN gets some better programming.

I heard rumors FOX Sports will set up a network to try and rival ESPN, but again, that'll be a long ways away.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Rumors floating around that the Francisco Liriano deal may be off due to injury. We'll see...

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I'm watching the national championship since i slept through the entire thing last night. From what I'm seeing...Warmack is what made Te'o have a bad game. That Bama o-line is just ridiculous.

I'd be so torn if both were sitting there for us to take.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
its a right arm injury for liriano, and he's a lefty. So I think a deal will get finalized once he can pass a full physical.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Yeah, Te'o just didn't look right last night. I saw Warmack get out to the 2nd level and block him a bunch and even when Te'o got free he missed tackles. Maybe he was pressing a bit or was one of the players that was simply rusty from the ridiculously long layoff you have before bowl games in college football.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
its a right arm injury for liriano, and he's a lefty. So I think a deal will get finalized once he can pass a full physical.

Yep.

I'm hearing more that it's simply holding it up than it's making it questionable. A right arm injury shouldn't effect him in any way, shape, or form aside from passing a physical.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
^ Good news about Liriano then.

Cowher took a little jab at Rex Ryan today.

At CBS #SB47 presser, Bill Cowher was asked if he'd ever get a Roethlisberger tattoo. Cowher's reply: "At least he won me a Super Bowl."

:laugh:

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Pitt up big so far against #19 Georgetown. Got another half to go though and they really need this game. I think they've lost 15 out of their last 20 big east games and already 0-2 in conference this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad