OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: NFL Playoff Time! How will Tomlin "Tomlin" this up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I am honestly the hardest person to convince that biased refs exist or even that something shady could be going on. I don't believe in stupid shit like that. I think there is just way too much on the line for people to risk that.

But I am starting to believe there is some substantial evidence supporting this bias. The "catches" that went for/against NE. The penalties in this one that looked forced. I mean hell.. the initial call was actually FALSE START and then overturned after a minute to a neutral zone infraction leading into a first down. The push off... I mean. It was flat out within 5 yards so it's not the right call at all. I understand if a couple calls go a teams way. Steelers/Pens get theirs. But this evidence is really starting to build up.

It is what it is, but man I'd love for a hacker to jump in and do some digging. There is just some really interesting stuff going on.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
I am honestly the hardest person to convince that biased refs exist or even that something shady could be going on. I don't believe in stupid **** like that. I think there is just way too much on the line for people to risk that.

But I am starting to believe there is some substantial evidence supporting this bias. The "catches" that went for/against NE. The penalties in this one that looked forced. I mean hell.. the initial call was actually FALSE START and then overturned after a minute to a neutral zone infraction leading into a first down. The push off... I mean. It was flat out within 5 yards so it's not the right call at all. I understand if a couple calls go a teams way. Steelers/Pens get theirs. But this evidence is really starting to build up.

It is what it is, but man I'd love for a hacker to jump in and do some digging. There is just some really interesting stuff going on.
Thanks for a good rational post.

Then you got Paul Zeise on Twitter just all like “herp derp James Harrison was held, conspiracy!” God his sarcasm is insufferable.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Well that was the narrative all week.

As is the narrative with Jacksonville.

One false narrative doesn't beget another.

Nobody with a brain thought Foles was bad, but a lot of people did massively overrate Wentz so, at least in that sense, I understood the (misplaced) doom and gloom.

Bortles isn't even as good as Foles, though. One of the worst pocket passers I've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad