OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Landry ****ing Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Maybe as simple as playing behind the number 1 O-line (almost) with number 1 receivers?

How the **** did we lose to the Ravens. (I know how; it's rhetorical). Didn't think of it at the time, because the Ravens are usually good and it's early in the season, but that's turning out to be another in a series of Tomlin losses to shi* teams.

I really think he just found a nut today. I'll be shocked if he can replicate it.

Honestly, we'd be in a much different situation had it not been for Scobee.

Jones did better than I thought, but even a good number of his completions (at least half) were noticeably behind the receiver, and he also threw an INT on the 2 point conversion. He definitely knows the offense better than Vick though and knows the timing on when his receivers will make their cuts.

That's pretty much what it may be. He just knows the offense.

This post is one of those classic Pittsburgh lies that somehow becomes the truth. Landry Jones was hated by Steelers fans since the day he was drafted. Media no nothing's added to the myth these past 3 years trying to build cried with their followers. I fought the fight for his first 2 years but gave up this preseason.

The kid set records at OK, he has the size, arm and intelligence. Sometimes a player simply needs to be given a shot.

There are a lot of great players in every sport who never happened because they never were given the opportunit to shine.

I was a HUGE fan of Jones. I was also a proponent of him being drafted where he was. He has done absolutely no favors for himself, and until today, every single snap he has ever taken in a Steelers jersey has been underwhelming. Every single one of them.

He set records in the Big 12 playing a shotgun offense. And he has size, arm, and smarts...you're correct. Jones has always been awful under pressure, not having Beachum doesn't help that going forward, and the fact he wears cinder block shoes doesn't aid him either.

I'm real curious to see how he does next week, as I think it's pretty safe to assume he won the job with his performance today.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
That's still hardly stagnant, and not worse than Bradford's stats.

They threw the ball at Oklahoma more than any other team. Bradford wasn't a good QB - he was just the best of the bunch in his draft year. Jones is actually a better pro style QB.

There is a reason Jones went into his senior season a projected 1st round talent, and he fell like a rock.

I've always been a fan of Jones' skills, but he has shown very little resolve over his college and professional career, and has a tendency to get rattled and completely lose his confidence.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
I really think he just found a nut today. I'll be shocked if he can replicate it.

Honestly, we'd be in a much different situation had it not been for Scobee.

That's pretty much what it may be. He just knows the offense.

I was a HUGE fan of Jones. I was also a proponent of him being drafted where he was. He has done absolutely no favors for himself, and until today, every single snap he has ever taken in a Steelers jersey has been underwhelming. Every single one of them.

He set records in the Big 12 playing a shotgun offense. And he has size, arm, and smarts...you're correct. Jones has always been awful under pressure, not having Beachum doesn't help that going forward, and the fact he wears cinder block shoes doesn't aid him either.

I'm real curious to see how he does next week, as I think it's pretty safe to assume he won the job with his performance today.

Could be. Cards didn't plan for someone to complete passes downfield. Chiefs will probably prepare more like they would for Ben than Vick.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
That's still hardly stagnant, and not worse than Bradford's stats.

Stagnant as in his numbers didn't really improve from his 1st year to his 4th.

I'm honestly dumbfounded someone can look at Bradford's college stats and say Landry Jones put up better numbers. Look at YPA...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad