The Pittsburgher Thread: It feels so dark and cold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
At this point, I'm fully prepared to see Brown traded to an AFC contender with little return, and Bell signing with Baltimore. Art II will then sign Colbert and Tomlin to extensions.
I agree, sadly.

Who would have thought a year ago we’d lose these two to mid round draft picks? My god.

The pressure will now be off Tomlin and Colbert because we did just lose two good players. If the Steelers suck next year, and I think they will, Artie can give them a free pass because of Bell and Brown leaving. However, if we still had them and didn’t make it far in the playoffs, Tomlin would likely not have his contract renewed.

This is pretty much the worst possible situation. More leniency and excuses for our awful owner, pathetic coaches.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Good thing Eric Reid is getting paid millions for the alleged collusion even though he’s playing in the NFL.

Maybe Kaepernick will fade into oblivion now? Please let it be.

Reactions: KIRK

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Good thing Eric Reid is getting paid millions for the alleged collusion even though he’s playing in the NFL.

Maybe Kaepernick will fade into oblivion now? Please let it be.

Do we know how much he’s getting paid? I thought it was confidential.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Do we know how much he’s getting paid? I thought it was confidential.

It's speculation, and that payoff is 100% about owners not wanting to be asked a lot of uncomfortable questions (beyond the Kapernick and Reid stuff) that exacerbate PR issues.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
So the guy who claimed he was skipping a game because his teammates didn’t care about winning... is calling BR out for calling others out?

How stupid can a human being be?

I like the part where he says Ben calls out coaches while he has had sideline temper tantrums with both Haley and Fichtner.

Reactions: KIRK

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I like how you aren’t allowed to criticize Ben in this city, but he seems to be a pretty shitty leader himself.

Ben, Rooney, Colbert, AB and Bell pretty much ruined this team collectively. Some played bigger roles but they are all a part of the problem.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I like how you aren’t allowed to criticize Ben in this city, but he seems to be a pretty ****ty leader himself.

Ben, Rooney, Colbert, AB and Bell pretty much ruined this team collectively. Some played bigger roles but they are all a part of the problem.

It’s no secret BR is a jerk, so? He wants to win, no one would question that. Maybe he’s had enough of ABs bullshit and started telling him what he really thinks... good.

BR has won two SBs and this team would be in the toilet without him. What’s Brown done but pad his stats and make everything about himself?

As has been detailed many times, BR has nothing to do with all the idiotic things AB has done just in the last 8-9 mo.

He’s being used as a scapegoat by an individual that takes no accountability for his actions.

Reactions: Rossi Rat and KIRK

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
BR has won two SBs and this team would be in the toilet without him.

It’s no secret he’s a jerk.. so?

As has been detailed many times, BR has nothing to do with all the idiotic things AB has done just in the last 8-9 mo.

He’s being used a scapegoat by an individual that takes no accountability for his actions.
We won super bowl XL despite Ben. He was great in 2008, but that shouldn’t give him the right to be an asshole still. He hasn’t done shit in 10 years.

We keep harping on the fact we haven’t won a super bowl with AB and Bell, we also haven’t won a super bowl in over a decade. We had great defenses then. Those Super Bowls were a lifetime ago.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
We won super bowl XL despite Ben. He was great in 2008, but that shouldn’t give him the right to be an ******* still. He hasn’t done **** in 10 years.

We keep harping on the fact we haven’t won a super bowl with AB and Bell, we also haven’t won a super bowl in over a decade. We had great defenses then. Those Super Bowls were a lifetime ago.

How did they get to that SB?

Let’s ignore it was on the arm of BR and he’s the one who went into Manning’s house and outdueled him, had to save Bettis from himself, then lit up Denver the next week in one of the toughest venues to win on the road.

People are so weak minded and naive for trying to excuse away AB’s insane behavior.

BR has always just cared about winning. He’s a jerk, again, so what? So are most QBs, especially Brady. The baby went over BB head to get his backup traded... great teammate. Swell guy.

Maybe he’s was tired of shitty coaching and a dysfunctional locker room with guys like Mitchell, Brown, Bell and Bryant being major distractions.

I’m sure he had enough of Browns selfish attitude and said shit.., good. Because Tomlin was too busy letting him do whatever he wanted and being an enabler.

Reactions: Rossi Rat and KIRK

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
I like how you aren’t allowed to criticize Ben in this city, but he seems to be a pretty ****ty leader himself.

This is Ben's fault why and how?

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
How did they get to that SB?

Let’s ignore it was on the arm of BR and he’s the one who went into Manning’s house and outdueled him, had to save Bettis from himself, then lit up Denver the next week in one of the toughest venues to win on the road.

People are so weak minded and naive for trying to excuse away AB’s insane behavior.

BR has always just cared about winning. He’s a jerk, again, so what? So are most QBs, especially Brady. The baby went over BB head to get his backup traded... great teammate. Swell guy.

Maybe he’s was tired of ****ty coaching and a dysfunctional locker room with guys like Mitchell, Brown, Bell and Bryant being major distractions.

I’m sure he had enough of Browns selfish attitude and said ****.., good. Because Tomlin was too busy letting him do whatever he wanted and being an enabler.
I’m not defending Brown, clearly he is strung out on something. But the fact that Ben won a super bowl 10 years ago doesn’t give him a free pass of being an awful leader and teammate.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I’m not defending Brown, clearly he is strung out on something. But the fact that Ben won a super bowl 10 years ago doesn’t give him a free pass of being an awful leader and teammate.

How is he an awful leader exactly? He’s the all time winningest QB in Steelers history, so he’s obviously doing something right.

He calls guys out, and that makes him a bad teammate? Ok...?

Brady and Rodgers are considered the two best QBs in the league and they do the same shit. Rodgers is supposed to be a huge douche nozzle and just got his coach fired. Brady is supposedly the greatest of all time, yet he’s so insecure he pulled a power play to get his backup traded.

How exactly are they better teammates?

Like them, BR is a jerk, but all three guys want to win and it’s important to them. Ward was a jerk to, but he cared about winning also. There’s a huge difference between these jerks and the crazed selfish jerk that’s been a cancer on this team.

Brown is about stats and himself. Period. And he’s lost his mind. Blaming Roth for his insanity is so out there and misguided it’s comical.

I started watching this team as a kid in the late 80s and over that time they had great defenses and great RBs and good receivers and all that jazz, but went 25 years between SBs until Roth came around.

It’s not a coincidence they won a SB right away when he came, and then another. It’s not a coincidence three receivers have caught 100 balls or more in a season from his arm.

He’s why they have six SB trophies and not four. If he had better teammates that wanted to win as much as him and better coaching the last 8-9 years, there would be more trophies in that case.

He’s their franchise. He’s why they win. When he’s gone, you will quickly realize that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->