The Pittsburgher Thread: It feels so dark and cold

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
It's weird to me that so many people are copying Mark Madden's take on Juju.
Juju has been nothing but a great person on and off the field. So what if he's always posting videos and pics of himself? That's what his generation does. Juju is arguably the most lovable player in the entire NFL.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Nah, it’s more sad that some fans are dumb enough to think Bell and Brown are the key to Steelers winning.

The real key is still there and I’m 100% sure he can’t wait for both to be gone.

You win with elite Qbs, not guys like Bell and Brown.

Ask Rams fans about Gurley and his ass playoff performance.

That’s exactly why you don’t waste big money on RBs.
The Rams engine obviously has been their coaching the last few years, not Goff, not Gurley.

The Steelers have had a good offense the last few year due to a mixture of great pass protection, very good QB play, and excellent skill position players.

It's naive to think there wont be a significant drop in effectiveness when they lose their OL coach and possibly trade their best non-center offensive player in franchise history.

Reactions: Pens x

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
The Rams engine obviously has been their coaching the last few years, not Goff, not Gurley.

The Steelers have had a good offense the last few year due to a mixture of great pass protection, very good QB play, and excellent skill position players.

It's naive to think there wont be a significant drop in effectiveness when they lose their OL coach and possibly trade their best non-center offensive player in franchise history.

Steelers have had three Wrs catch over 100 passes with BR under center. It’s not a coincidence.

As I’ve argued for the last two years, Brown has made BR less effective because he’s constantly forcing the ball to him.

I’ll take the offense that spreads the ball around and defenses can’t key in one guy, over the one with AB.

Elite WR and RBs aren’t nearly as difficult to replace as elite QBs. It’s naive to believe BR can’t keep doing what he did long before AB came around. And he already has another 100 catch receiver he helped create in the fold.

Reactions: KIRK

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Steelers have had three Wrs catch over 100 passes with BR under center. It’s not a coincidence.

As I’ve argued for the last two years, Brown has made BR less effective because he’s constantly forcing the ball to him.

I’ll take the offense that spreads the ball around and defenses can’t key in one guy, over the one with AB.

Elite WR and RBs aren’t nearly as difficult to replace as elite QBs. It’s naive to believe BR can’t keep doing what he did long before AB came around. And he already has another 100 catch receiver he helped create in the fold.

Yup, the majority of Ben's picks were because he was trying to placate Brown because he knew he would have a hissy fit if the ball wasn't going his way.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
JuJu won't be nearly as efffective without someone like AB on the other side demanding the attention he does. The Steelers will need to get another WR or JuJu will be draped all game. AB is one of the best route runners ever so he was able to get away even in tough coverage. I’m not so sure about JuJu’s ability in that area, yet.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
JuJu won't be nearly as efffective without someone like AB on the other side demanding the attention he does. The Steelers will need to get another WR or JuJu will be draped all game. AB is one of the best route runners ever so he was able to get away even in tough coverage. I’m not so sure about JuJu’s ability in that area, yet.

The Steelers will need to make several offensive adjustments. Get another good WR. Incorporate McDonald and the RB in the passing game more.

They survived before AB. They'll survive after.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
That seems to be a lateral move except in quarterback height. Broncs continue to be desperate at the position in the wake of their miss on Lynch.
But but but John Elway is a genius.

This guy is a f***ing joke at trying to find QB’s.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017

So this means that the Steelers are betting they can trade him for something more than a 3rd round pick. I hope there's a market for an elite, potentially HOF bound RB, that may or may not be a product of the team around him.

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
art ii the clown will fix everything im sure. how much do we think kap got out of the nfl? $30 million?

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

I have always thought that the Steelers would end up keeping him. He has zero leverage, and with that $20 million plus on dead cap space if they trade him their best of bad options is to keep him and hope that he wants to keep his trade value up to move next year.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
I have always thought that the Steelers would end up keeping him. He has zero leverage, and with that $20 million plus on dead cap space if they trade him their best of bad options is to keep him and hope that he wants to keep his trade value up to move next year.

His trade value will decline a lot from 31 to 32. If they are going to trade him at all, do it ASAP.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
At this point, I'm fully prepared to see Brown traded to an AFC contender with little return, and Bell signing with Baltimore. Art II will then sign Colbert and Tomlin to extensions.

Reactions: Pens x

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA

I don’t think the meeting is them making up. I think it may be Art telling him that he’s getting traded but he doesn’t control the destination. It’s like he is breaking up with a girlfriend but doing it in person instead of in a text

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
How would everyone feel about Bryce Love in the 3rd round?

Speed back, good change of pace with Conner.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Or . . .

1. Artie is an ass clown.

2. Artie is telling him in person to shut the **** up, because if he kills his value too much, they won't trade him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad