GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread - Imagine how much the Steelers would have lost by

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I was bored and was watching The Longest Yard, the Sandler version...

Had no idea Burt Reynolds and Adam Sandler were also big Steelers fans.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
There wasn't a cover up. Any time a racial slur is uttered it's the first thing mentioned. Here it was fabricated because a guy doesn't like that he did something stupid and wants to give a reason that isn't just flat out - I was being a dick.

Look at the Manning situation for the oilers. You think the Kings player waited a week to say oh yeah that happened? It was dealt with right away. No league covers that up. Especially for a rookie that has no clout. It's bs. It'll be outed as bs. I hope Mason sues.

I'm black and even I know Garrett is full of shit. Let me tell you this if someone called me a slur I wouldn't wait to report it. Ever. It's the first thing you say. MG lied several times about why he did what he did. His character is bs.

I read FB comments for fun
When it was pointed out to people that Garrett didn't bring up the race thing until his hearing (a week later) people didn't believe it, even with a sourced link

They said "oh no, Myles was saying that immediately after the game"

It's funny what people remember. Even with blatant evidence provided.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
NFL considering expanding to 7 team playoffs, with 1 team getting a bye week.

If they implemented it 10 years ago, the Steelers would have had 4 extra playoff appearances.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I read FB comments for fun
When it was pointed out to people that Garrett didn't bring up the race thing until his hearing (a week later) people didn't believe it, even with a sourced link

They said "oh no, Myles was saying that immediately after the game"

It's funny what people remember. Even with blatant evidence provided.

No one is asking this guy the obvious question...

Why in the f*** would he ever apologize to someone who called him a racial slur?

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/11/15/myles-garrett-apology-mason-rudolph

Journalism today can't be that hard, can it?

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
Hey maybe Tomlin can finally make the playoffs now!
If this is supposed to be a jab at Tomlin, you should do your research. Tomlin has made the playoffs 8 times in 13 seasons. He's made the playoffs more often than literally any active HC besides Belichik.

If the 7 team playoffs were implemeted 10 years earlier then he would have made it 12 times in 13 seasons. That is incredible in a league with as much parity as in the NFL.

Reactions: Khelandros

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
If this is supposed to be a jab at Tomlin, you should do your research. Tomlin has made the playoffs 8 times in 13 seasons. He's made the playoffs more often than literally any active HC besides Belichik.

If the 7 team playoffs were implemeted 10 years earlier then he would have made it 12 times in 13 seasons. That is incredible in a league with as much parity as in the NFL.

He also hasn't made the playoffs the last 2 seasons. Do you think Tomlin's team is trending up or down?

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
He also hasn't made the playoffs the last 2 seasons. Do you think Tomlin's team is trending up or down?
If you add a competent starting QB to last year's team I think they are a lock for the playoffs. So if we expect Ben to be close to his usual self I'd say they're definitely trending up. The defense is elite and the offense should be much better with Ben in there.

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
so the nflpa recommends players give them 1 game for 1.5% revenue bump? that uhh doesn’t work out math wise

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Bumping the Stillerz thread to give a semblance of hope.

I've waffled on this but I think I wouldn't tag or extend Dupree. Visions of Woodley dance in my head at the thought.

Still cut Chickillo, Foster, and probably Vance. Restructure Cam. Address the OL.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Bumping the Stillerz thread to give a semblance of hope.

I've waffled on this but I think I wouldn't tag or extend Dupree. Visions of Woodley dance in my head at the thought.

Still cut Chickillo, Foster, and probably Vance. Restructure Cam. Address the OL.

if they can afford it, transition tag Bud but don’t sign him to a long term deal...I agree on him, but I don’t think we’re in a position to lose a pass rusher on the other side given we’re short draft picks in April...let him walk next year...he’ll have something again to play for this season...

Last edited:

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
His conditioning is way better than Woodley so I think he’ll be great the next couple years. His decline shouldn’t be nearly as sharp. He’s in his prime now and actually producing. If they can fit him, sign him, IMO.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
TE class isn’t looking so hot... really blows because this team desperately needs a legit TE.

RB looks strong and I’m hoping this is where they go with their first pick.

However, to SGs delight, WR is looking historically strong this draft and they might have to go BPA, which could be a flanker.

Reactions: KIRK

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
His conditioning is way better than Woodley so I think he’ll be great the next couple years. His decline shouldn’t be nearly as sharp. He’s in his prime now and actually producing. If they can fit him, sign him, IMO.
Woodley’s conditioning was fine and his play was great until he f***ed up his hamstring. I’ve never bought into the idea that he stopped working once he signed his contract. The injury derailed his career.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
TE class isn’t looking so hot... really blows because this team desperately needs a legit TE.

RB looks strong and I’m hoping this is where they go with their first pick.

However, to SGs delight, WR is looking historically strong this draft and they might have to go BPA, which could be a flanker.
Why would they go for a WR when they have 3 young good ones? They have so many bigger needs.
IMO the 1st pick should be a OL but I can see it being a RB, TE, or DL, LB.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Why would they go for a WR when they have 3 young good ones? They have so many bigger needs.

I'm not enamored with the idea of paying Juju big money. Still you're right that TE, OL and (if they lose Bud) LB are higher priorities.

Reactions: KIRK

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

Why? Because this could be a historically great WR draft class and a potential game breaking star could fall to them.

I really like their young guys, but if they can find an even better player, it would be stupid to pass him over.

Then they may have the luxury of moving JuJu before he gets a big pay day.

Smart org keep their options open, especially when a potential generational draft pops up at a position.

I'm not enamored with the idea of paying Juju big money. Still you're right that TE, OL and (if they lose Bud) LB are higher priorities.

TE is looking really weak this year so passing over a potential star at WR to reach on a TE is not a good idea.

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->