OT: The Pittsburgher Thread - Claypool > Metcalf

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I think Bell can still play, and I think he'd make the team more capable, but the guy is a cancer. No reason to bring him around a young locker room.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
I think he looks good in Miami.

Myles Gaskin is the truth. They’re also already paying Howard and Breida. I see Bell signing a 1 year cheap deal on a good team that will help him rebuild his reputation. He looked out of shape in New York. I’ve always liked Bell, but I wouldn’t want him back.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
That week 8-week 10 stretch for the Steelers looks even more daunting after the ass whooping the Titans are putting on the Bills tonight.

This team better get their shit together or they may be looking at trouble starting this week.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
The LBell situation is one of the more unfortunate situations I think I have encountered as a Steelers fan. He was offered more money from the Steelers than he received in free agency. He had the ability to be one of the greatest to ever play the RB position with the stats he was racking up. He lost an astronomical amount of money, all because his agent was a doofus. Then factor in we basically pissed away a stacked offensive line's prime and AB got his eggs scrambled by Burfict. It's just a series of really unfortunate events.
The Steelers weren't guaranteeing much of the contract at all and their coach says he wants to, and has, run the wheels off his RBs. Bell got like $30M playing 18 games for the Jets. He ended up getting what he wanted.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
The Steelers weren't guaranteeing much of the contract at all and their coach says he wants to, and has, run the wheels off his RBs. Bell got like $30M playing 18 games for the Jets. He ended up getting what he wanted.

They were guaranteeing 20m and 33m in the first 2 years of the contract. 70m over 5 years. He wanted 15m...they offered 14m.

He got 27m from the Jets and left a 14.5m franchise tag on the table in the process.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Bell had 6 mil guaranteed left for this year on his contract. The Jets will be on the hook for that. He can sign anywhere he wants for cheap and will still get paid. Nice situation for him.

Reactions: bambamcam4ever
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad