OT: The Pittsburgher Thread - Claypool > Metcalf

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
It worked out barely? Rodgers is an all-time great first ballot HOF lol

Because the Jags are a dumpster fire

Well yeah but Favre acting like how he did and Rodgers could have folded under that. Then ruining a relationship with a great franchise player. Steelers would never do that. They still let Harrison come around after what he did because of a SB int.

I never had an issue with the Jags but I do find sweet justice in Bells agent ruining our team for a bit and probably tipping our hand in that playoff game. Then completely ruining the Jags.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
A little concerning first thing Claypool does is run to TikTok and social media after the big game. He obviously benefited from teams not knowing who he was. Lets see how he does when they bring the double team. I'm not too concerned like I was with DJ getting majority of his stats from being wide open. Because Claypool has gone up and made some combat catches with good coverage. I think Claypool will be just fine but something to look out for.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I can't help but laugh at the entire situation with Bell.

And yet he will never learn, never bite the hand that feeds you, f***ing wanker.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
That’s not really relevant to my question
The way he talks about people is very telling of Tomlin, have you not been watching this team long enough to know how that douche operates?

He's more open about telling the world how much of a f***ing beast Myles "Liar" Garrett is, but he can't be bothered to give Claypool the atta boy he deserves.

Edit: I get it, there are Tomlin fan boys, I am not one. SO don't ask me to explain a douchebag that I have had to endure watching for this long, he has a long ass history of his bullshit. The constant allowing Brown and Bell to be assholes just because they're his guys, etc.

Reactions: DanielPlainview

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
The way he talks about people is very telling of Tomlin, have you not been watching this team long enough to know how that douche operates?

He's more open about telling the world how much of a f***ing beast Myles "Liar" Garrett is, but he can't be bothered to give Claypool the atta boy he deserves.

Tomlin doesn’t make sense to me, but if I’m being fair he probably has PTSD from Brown.

Likely doesn’t want to help create a huge ego monster through his enabling.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Tomlin doesn’t make sense to me, but if I’m being fair he probably has PTSD from Brown.

Likely doesn’t want to help create a huge ego monster through his enabling.
Claypool seems like a good Canadian kid, I mean JuJu is incredibly popular via social media, etc, and he's not an ego maniac either.

The issue is assholes like Brown, Owens, Bell, etc, were always assholes that had coaches or a system that allowed that behavior to be swept under the rug because of their talents, which just enabled them more and made them feel invincible until they were finally in trouble - very apparent in Brown's case. Tomlin enabled blokes like Brown and Bell, they were allowed special treatment etc then he would praise them for showing up when that's their f***ing job, to show up.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh

Edit: I get it, there are Tomlin fan boys, I am not one. SO don't ask me to explain a douchebag that I have had to endure watching for this long, he has a long ass history of his bullshit. The constant allowing Brown and Bell to be assholes just because they're his guys, etc.

You’re really reaching here man. Clearly your statement was based on nothing, and now you’re trying to question my fandom? Get out of here with that. I’m not even a MT fan boy, for the record.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I can't help but laugh at the entire situation with Bell.

And yet he will never learn, never bite the hand that feeds you, f***ing wanker.

The LBell situation is one of the more unfortunate situations I think I have encountered as a Steelers fan. He was offered more money from the Steelers than he received in free agency. He had the ability to be one of the greatest to ever play the RB position with the stats he was racking up. He lost an astronomical amount of money, all because his agent was a doofus. Then factor in we basically pissed away a stacked offensive line's prime and AB got his eggs scrambled by Burfict. It's just a series of really unfortunate events.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The LBell situation is one of the more unfortunate situations I think I have encountered as a Steelers fan. He was offered more money from the Steelers than he received in free agency. He had the ability to be one of the greatest to ever play the RB position with the stats he was racking up. He lost an astronomical amount of money, all because his agent was a doofus. Then factor in we basically pissed away a stacked offensive line's prime and AB got his eggs scrambled by Burfict. It's just a series of really unfortunate events.
Bell is one I would even possibly entertain bringing back as he would likely pick up where he left off for the most part, but his personality just rubs me the wrong way. I think a part of it was his agent and then the other just who he is.

But the way it was handled really seemed to split the room as well when he was sitting out.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Bell is one I would even possibly entertain bringing back as he would likely pick up where he left off for the most part, but his personality just rubs me the wrong way. I think a part of it was his agent and then the other just who he is.

But the way it was handled really seemed to split the room as well when he was sitting out.

I wouldn't even entertain the thought, honestly. He shit on everyone in that room that was his teammate. He deserves everything he gets.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
God damn. 28 mil to play 18 games. It would be funny if we brought him back. I just don’t see a fit or need.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
Pretty sure he doesn't need to clear waivers.

Can the Steelers sign him? Yeah. Should they? Helllllll no.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
God damn. 28 mil to play 18 games. It would be funny if we brought him back. I just don’t see a fit or need.

Well, I guess he can always say he brought value to the RB position. Laughing all the way to the bank.

I'm guessing he gets a shot in Pittsburgh West or Buffalo.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
I'd love to bring back Bell but we don't need him. Conner is a solid starter (when healthy) and we have 4 NFL caliber RBs on the roster.

With that being said, when Conner gets hurt again I would trust Bell more than Snell or McFarland.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
I think the Giants should sign him. He wouldn't even need to move.
Texans and Dolphins could use him too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad