The Pittsburgher Thread - 5-5 aint too bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Amazing he may end up getting half of the punishment of Garrett. That's laughable.

Could be, but it definitely looks like he will be out longer than just this season.

Alot of twitter rumors saying it is the rest of this yr and it will roll into sometime next yr.

I guess we will see what indefinitely means...

He already was fined twice this season before last night.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Pouncey should appeal. I definitely think there are mitigating circumstance that would warrant at least a game less.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
In all honesty I think the only reason that Pouncey was suspended is because they play each other again in 2 weeks and tensions and emotions will still be really high off of this so they are trying to eliminate any problems that they can now. If they played again in week 16 I'm not so sure Pouncey would have been suspended

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

EJbCSiwWoAIGrAM

Last edited:

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
the dj hit was honestly soooooo late. he had ample time to not do that, but he chose to hit him helmet to helmet

Reactions: domaug

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
One would assume not given that he was not one of those listed in the release. Likely a fine though. Maybe enough to cost him a lunch at McDonalds.

In fairness i think they are going to do a standard hearing for that one. No time in this case. Goodell knew he had to act immediately.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Speaking of that DJ hit, he was bleeding from the ear and someone actually wrote, on another site, that he was bleeding from the ear because of how he took off his helmet. I know there is a profound epidemic going around the league of players bleeding from the ears by taking off their helmets.

Are people this really f***ing stupid?

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Speaking of that DJ hit, he was bleeding from the ear and someone actually wrote, on another site, that he was bleeding from the ear because of how he took off his helmet. I know there is a profound epidemic going around the league of players bleeding from the ears by taking off their helmets.

Are people this really ****ing stupid?

How can you read the main board, or worse the trade board, and ask this question?

Reactions: TNT87

MrRuckus

Nov 7, 2019
No one would care what Mason did if the other guy never swung a helmet. It'd just be "oh there was a minor scuffle."

I don't care if they exchanged blows but once the helmet was involved that was absurdly over the line. I'm baffled by anyone who thinks Mason is anywhere near as to blame as the guy who got a weapon. It's like getting into a fist fight and then the other guy going to his car and coming back with a hammer.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Pouncey was kicking him in the head while he was pinned to the ground by DeCastro. He’s ****ed

I agree... I understood Pouncey defending his teammate from assault.

But once Decastro pinned Garrett down.
Pouncey should have stopped and that is where his suspension became justified.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013

Are people this really ****ing stupid?

Not to mention you could see that the blood was coming from inside his ear. How the hell could taking your helmet off scratch that far inside?

Reactions: TNT87

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
I agree... I understood Pouncey defending his teammate from assault.

But once Decastro pinned Garrett down.
Pouncey should have stopped and that is where his suspension became justified.

Absolutely correct

But it was justified that Pouncy came to the aid of his teammate. I'm not even mad about that

turd

Feb 1, 2013
A funny thing about the “Rudolph started it” crap... the people taking that position start the sequence with Rudolph on the ground grabbing at Garrett’s helmet. Have they considered that he was upset because Garrett took him to the ground about five seconds after the ball was already gone?

Reactions: Ugene Malkin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->