GDT: The Pittsburgher Drama Thread: Steeler Season - Game 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
He knew he could get away with it with Tomlin. The dumb ass straight out said he had different rules for Brown. He knows The Hoody will cancel him if he gets out of line and they don’t need him as much as he needs them.

He’s going to behave and it’s not like he will be in a losing situation that will light the powder keg.

He’s going to behave until Brady doesn’t get him the ball because other options are open or they can run the ball, and when he doesn’t get the touches he needs to put up great numbers, look out...

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
He’s going to behave until Brady doesn’t get him the ball because other options are open or they can run the ball, and when he doesn’t get the touches he needs to put up great numbers, look out...

Considering Brady's preference to get the ball out quick to guys in the slot (Edelman) or dumping off to his RBs, we could easily see AB blowing up over that. He'll want that big pay day next season, and he won't react well to other receivers taking catches away from him

Reactions: Andy99

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013

If he gets too nuts bill will release him.

This is a total No Risk All Reward move for the Patriots.

And I f***ing hate it.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

But there was no collusion going on the last couple days. Once he f***ed himself with the Raiders and was on a week to week paycheck, I guarantee his greasy agent was on the phone with The Hoodie orchestrating his release.

How anyone can be gullible enough to think otherwise given the moral compass and past actions of both the Patriots, Brown and DR is utterly comical.

I look very forward to you telling me I was wrong.

Just don’t think you will have that opportunity... unfortunately.

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
brown is on the wrong side of 30 and is mentally unstable. he also has won a super bowl already. I cannot get to a place where losing guaranteed money to play for the patriots comports with what we know about the guy.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
brown is on the wrong side of 30 and is mentally unstable. he also has won a super bowl already. I cannot get to a place where losing guaranteed money to play for the patriots comports with what we know about the guy.

Huh? AB never won a super bowl.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Pats once again with easy schedule after they face us...

Dolphins
Bills
Jets
Skins
Giants
Jets

Lol every year the same case so we always have little margin for error or they are handed home field. Year we lost to them due to Jesse James call...instead of 13-3 and home field went 12-4 and had to face Jags(the tougher divisional opponent).

Been plenty of those types of examples...not just for Steelers either. Wasnt just about every AFC Championship win come at NE? And lost plenty on the road?

Anyway point is our head to head matchups against them dont mean anything Unless we keep winning(see last season) while they get to recover for a month with own division play after a loss. We can go 1-0 but Then face Seattle and San Fran...two tough teams. Bengals " should" be easier but then Ravens and Chargers right after. Two more tough ones.

This is the luxury the Pats somehow avoided for 20 years straight now. Half their season are tune up games lol. Yeah we had Browns being bad for awhile but Ive never seen a division that had all 3 teams other than the usual winner who were historically bad for 20 years in a row. Actually Jets had 2-3 good years..and that actually resulted in making the Pats irrelevant during that time. Just another example of the hundreds out there that led to their constant success.

Last edited:

Colonel Mustard

Dec 26, 2017
I bet he’ll be on his best behavior now that he got what he wanted. That video really makes it look bad, saying he is free and the plan worked. Yikes.

Reactions: Jacob and domaug

EvGeno

Looks like a basketball player!
Jul 11, 2009
Phoenix via Pgh
The refs throw a flag when Tom Terrific gets touched, so this will never happen, but who is the Patriots’ back up if Brady were to get hurt? Is he better than Derek Carr? If not, that would be entertaining to watch.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Don’t know if that report is true but I find it hard to believe to be honest. GMKC wouldn’t take a 1st and the 5th year option over an early 3rd from a team that isn’t in our division? I know it’s New England but that’s not logical or the right decision for the Steelers imo.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The only thing the Steelers should be thinking this game is going for Brady’s knee...who cares if they lose this game...

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Predicting offensive numbers will go down a bit this year around the league. Defenses finally adjusting...always do but this took a while

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Welp, while the Steelers open @ New England and then Seattle, Baltimore gets @ Miami and Arizona... and Cleveland gets Tennessee and @ NY Jets.

Baltimore and Cleveland about to score TDs already.

It’ll all even out in the end I guess, better to start with hard games than end with them.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Welp, while the Steelers open @ New England and then Seattle, Baltimore gets @ Miami and Arizona... and Cleveland gets Tennessee and @ NY Jets.

Baltimore and Cleveland about to score TDs already.

It’ll all even out in the end I guess, better to start with hard games than end with them.

I’m more worried about the Steelers at 49ers than I am with Seattle...Steelers have like a 1-5 record or something on the west coast and Tomlin thinks it’s just coincidence and will do nothing to change that, even though people have who have studied traveling to different time zones have said teams should get there early...

Reactions: Rossi Rat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad