The Pittsburgh Penguins Appreciation Thread

William I NEGLE

Mar 30, 2018
Favorite memories of the past three years?

Mine: ...

5) MAF game 7 in DC

Haha, I spent that entire game 7 on this remote island, lucky to have cellphone reception. I mean, I had to go, my wife and I had planned it for months, but no car, no access to TV, much less NBCSN, anywhere. Game starts and I log on to NHL.com, hitting refresh, refresh, refresh, must have been hundreds of times. Rust scores! Cell phone starts losing charge, but I thought ahead and brought a portable charger. The ferry arrives to take us back to the main island and there's only a few minutes left in the third period. I told my wife "we're telling the ferry captain to sit still until this game is over!" Then Hornqvist scores, 2-0, tick, tick, clock winds down to zero and I had the best ferry ride I'll ever experience in my entire life.

But my best time was being at game 5 vs. Nashville a few weeks later.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Haha, I spent that entire game 7 on this remote island, lucky to have cellphone reception. I mean, I had to go, my wife and I had planned it for months, but no car, no access to TV, much less NBCSN, anywhere. Game starts and I log on to NHL.com, hitting refresh, refresh, refresh, must have been hundreds of times. Rust scores! Cell phone starts losing charge, but I thought ahead and brought a portable charger. The ferry arrives to take us back to the main island and there's only a few minutes left in the third period. I told my wife "we're telling the ferry captain to sit still until this game is over!" Then Hornqvist scores, 2-0, tick, tick, clock winds down to zero and I had the best ferry ride I'll ever experience in my entire life.

But my best time was being at game 5 vs. Nashville a few weeks later.

I was so unbelievably drunk at that game I helped start a 1992 chant at Roenick during the post game and then ran into Milbury at the hotel bar and told him he had no idea what he was talking about regarding I think Malkin?

I forget, he had skewered someone on the broadcast for game 4 and they had a huge game.

Talked to the host for the NBC games for awhile, dude was super cool.

Somehow ended up at Gooski’s and almost fell down the stairs.

Reactions: William I NEGLE

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad