The Pittsburgh Penguins Appreciation Thread

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
what a run. 306 games since our last playoff elimination if my math is right. That Pens line-up

Kunitz-Crosby-Hornqvist
Perron-Malkin-Comeau
Lapierre-Sutter-Downie
Winnik-Spaling-Wilson

Scuderi-Martin
Cole-Lovejoy
Dumoulin-Chorney

Fleury

Only 4 of those guys are still here. That's nuts.

What a ride.

Go get some rest pens. Get healthy and give it another go next year. 3 in 4 won't be so bad :nod:

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
what a run. 306 games since our last playoff elimination if my math is right. That Pens line-up

Kunitz-Crosby-Hornqvist
Perron-Malkin-Comeau
Lapierre-Sutter-Downie
Winnik-Spaling-Wilson

Scuderi-Martin
Cole-Lovejoy
Dumoulin-Chorney

Fleury

Only 4 of those guys are still here. That's nuts.

What a ride.

Go get some rest pens. Get healthy and give it another go next year. 3 in 4 won't be so bad :nod:
Good lord that lineup is dour

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Even if we lose early for the next 3-4 years, I still ain't mad.

Shit the Pens could go the rest of my life without winning and I could live with it. 3 Cups (5 really but I was a bit young to enjoy the first two) is more than most fans could dream of.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
They will get an extra month of rest which should help next year as they go after three Cups in four years. Disappointing with the way it ended but they just ran out of gas.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
It is absolutely hilarious reading how salty other teams fans are. Obviously I'm disappointed but I have to just laugh at some of the crazy things being posted. Back to back cups, I ain't even mad

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Back to back Cups. A little disappointed it's over, but not even mad. It's been a helluva run. Here's to you, Pens!

bNtRnyJ.gif

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Favorite memories of the past three years?

Mine:

1) Bonino it goal game 6 vs Caps
2) Kunitz game 7 OT goal
3) Crosby's pep talk before the OT face off vs the Sharks, right before Sheary scored.
4) Top shelf over Vasi in OT
5) MAF game 7 in DC

Not in order, but adding a couple to yours.

Horny's goal to win it last year.
Letang's goal to win it vs the Sharks.
Guentzel's goal vs Rinne after like 30 minutes with no shots. Which was actually the 2nd of back to back shots going in, just with an insane gap between shots.
Ron Hainsey coast to coast.

May 17, 2009
Maine
Yeah, I'm with everyone who's not even really bothered. There was lots of talent on this team, but somehow it never felt like it all came together. And a few role-players who were contributing in the cup runs just weren't doing much. Sheary and Rust, in particular, didn't produce like they had in 16 and 17.

I'm hopeful we can make the right moves to go deeper next season -- I guess we'll see.

Reactions: Beau Knows

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
Favorite memories of the past three years?

Mine:

1) Bonino it goal game 6 vs Caps
2) Kunitz game 7 OT goal
3) Crosby's pep talk before the OT face off vs the Sharks, right before Sheary scored.
4) Top shelf over Vasi in OT
5) MAF game 7 in DC
Gotta agree with your #1, for some reason that Bonino goal was the moment I started to feel like it was a really special, maybe unstoppable team.

-Horny's OT goal earlier in that series, it was the first playoff OT game we had won in forever and another sign things were changing.

-All of Game 7s againt Tampa and Ottawa, just very tight, very tense games where we were clearly slightly better but almost not enough

-Fleury passing the Cup to Murray

-Killing a 5-on-3 late in Game 6 vs. the Predators when it was still 0-0

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Gotta agree with your #1, for some reason that Bonino goal was the moment I started to feel like it was a really special, maybe unstoppable team.

-Horny's OT goal earlier in that series, it was the first playoff OT game we had won in forever and another sign things were changing.

-All of Game 7s againt Tampa and Ottawa, just very tight, very tense games where we were clearly slightly better but almost not enough

-Fleury passing the Cup to Murray

-Killing a 5-on-3 late in Game 6 vs. the Predators when it was still 0-0

Forgot about the 5 on 3. Hopefully JR goes to work this summer more than ever. But they did their best. Washington was better. And frankly....I don't think they would've survived Tampa.

Reactions: bathroomSTAAL

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I'm still damn proud of this team and thankful to all the players both prominent and obscure for helping this team win back to back cups. The second time in our history we've done so. Thanks to the coaches the management and of course the owners. They put a quality product on the ice and put winning as their top priority. Thanks Sid, Geno and Mario!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad