OT: The Philadelphia Seventy-Sixers are glad to have a Butler part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

XDevilBoiX

Jan 29, 2011
It's a legit brutal stretch. Dunno if this season any other team has/had something scheduled like this, but they're going to be playing 12 straight games against winning teams (as of right now, maybe the Lakers/Kings fall off) and 5 of them are on the road. Their combined record: 267-168. And the Sixers are only 7-8 against winning teams, granted 3 of those Ls were before Butler got here.

Bare minimum I'd like to see is going .500. If they can win 7 out of 12, I'll be good. 8 or more and I'll be ecstatic.
Hopefully this helps the big 3 gel and help this team take the next step or shows that they can’t work together. I’m looking forward to seeing if they can really work together. If they can’t then maybe look to move Butler at the deadline, was worth a shot.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Hopefully this helps the big 3 gel and help this team take the next step or shows that they can’t work together. I’m looking forward to seeing if they can really work together. If they can’t then maybe look to move Butler at the deadline, was worth a shot.
I'm not sure moving Butler at the deadline is feasible. If he shows himself to be more of a distraction ...he'll be a subtraction in the offseason....although it would have to be pretty bad. Not seeing it right now getting to that extreme. Let's see how this second half shapes up and this stretch in particular. They should use it as a springboard to take the next step and show themselves ready to compete in the playoffs.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Kind of a weird thing to say. Doesn’t every team want to beat the other team every game?

Pretty weak excuse there. Having known that they should have been ready to go after it and match the Sixers intensity. Instead they came out sluggish and quit by halftime. Again, Butler wasnt wrong about that team.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
21 made 3's is a Sixer record. 83 points in a half is the 3rd highest scoring half in franchise history.

Simmons + Embiid putting up numbers that havent been seen since Wilt + Billy Cunningham and ppl still want to talk FIT.

Had a guy tell me trade KAT for Embiid for FIT. Ppl in this thread telling me they would trade Simmons for Booker or Beal.
Im dying.

:laugh: Also please explain to me the benefit of trading Jimmy at the deadline??

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
Kind of a weird thing to say. Doesn’t every team want to beat the other team every game?

*other team tries to win the game*

Teague & co:
Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.png

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
lol, what was the tweet?
[sic]"John writes, 'Canadians are soft.'" They were tv-incredulous someone could rip a whole country based off the lack of effort of one basketball player. Fake outrage and loud noises, but after reading the post here, and watching the replay of that telecast, it lined up and seemed amusing.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
[sic]"John writes, 'Canadians are soft.'" They were tv-incredulous someone could rip a whole country based off the lack of effort of one basketball player. Fake outrage and loud noises, but after reading the post here, and watching the replay of that telecast, it lined up and seemed amusing.

I don't know who this john guy is , but clearly he knows what he is talking about.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I don't know who this john guy is , but clearly he knows what he is talking about.

I hope it's incognito Stephen Jackson. Remember the crap he got for telling the truth?

It's such a weird statement, but given the way everything else turned out, Okafor ended up working out better than Wiggins would have since the extension issue would have been forced under Colangelo. He was getting paid.

Reactions: Jtown

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I hope it's incognito Stephen Jackson. Remember the crap he got for telling the truth?

It's such a weird statement, but given the way everything else turned out, Okafor ended up working out better than Wiggins would have since the extension issue would have been forced under Colangelo. He was getting paid.

what did captain jax say?

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
its just a different mentality up north. Basketball has distinct geographical attitudes associated with it. You walk into nyc, everyone can play. Like some 5 foot 5 geeky overweight nerd can play, its unlike anywhere else in the country. So when you grow up in a setting like that , the competition is fierce and you develop some toughness. I just can't imagine that being the way Wiggins grew up. He was probably always a darling, and had everyone fawning over him. Thats not how you get better.

Ruck Over

Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Calling Wiggins soft is perfectly fine. But for a hockey fan to condemn the whole country as soft just seems ridiculous. That and Wiggins isn't even the first Canadian I think of when it comes to basketball, that's still Steve Nash, whom was definitely NOT a soft player.

blah blah blah aside, Wiggins does suck. The twitter beef between Stephen Jackson and Wiggins is hilarious. And, for the coup de grâce, I've low key wanted a crazy person like Jackson or Dion Waiters on the Sixers for a long time.
A) I like to watch things burn.
2) Having that kind of crazy ratchets up the intensity of everyone around.
*) At times, this Sixers team seems to lack the killer instinct, or nasty/mean attitude typically found in winners.

Now, Embiid is all of the win. And Simmons is literally, and honestly, a psychopathic serial killer. I was hoping that Butler could bring that kind of crazy I was hoping for to the team, but in a better package as a player. Prove me right Butler, be the crazed, without being deranged.

Edit: Bench help?! Dion Waiters is sick of sitting on the bench for Heat: 'F--- patience'
No, not really, would probably be a bad idea...

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Calling Wiggins soft is perfectly fine. But for a hockey fan to condemn the whole country as soft just seems ridiculous. That and Wiggins isn't even the first Canadian I think of when it comes to basketball, that's still Steve Nash, whom was definitely NOT a soft player.

blah blah blah aside, Wiggins does suck. The twitter beef between Stephen Jackson and Wiggins is hilarious. And, for the coup de grâce, I've low key wanted a crazy person like Jackson or Dion Waiters on the Sixers for a long time.
A) I like to watch things burn.
2) Having that kind of crazy ratchets up the intensity of everyone around.
*) At times, this Sixers team seems to lack the killer instinct, or nasty/mean attitude typically found in winners.

Now, Embiid is all of the win. And Simmons is literally, and honestly, a psychopathic serial killer. I was hoping that Butler could bring that kind of crazy I was hoping for to the team, but in a better package as a player. Prove me right Butler, be the crazed, without being deranged.

Edit: Bench help?! Dion Waiters is sick of sitting on the bench for Heat: 'F--- patience'
No, not really, would probably be a bad idea...

nash is one of the most overrated players of all time. He got cut , kept playing. IN that regard he isn't soft. But he never factored on the defensive side of the court.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
It's tough to even define what a Canadian is. Rick Fox most certainly was not soft and was a Canadian citizen, but left when he was young. SGA isn't soft, but he left for the US in high school. Same with Tristan Thompson. Same with Wiggins.

I'm trying to think of recent guys who were entirely Canadian products up until college age. I've got Jamal Murray, Olynyk, Dillon Brooks, and that's about it.

Ruck Over

Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
It's tough to even define what a Canadian is. Rick Fox most certainly was not soft and was a Canadian citizen, but left when he was young. SGA isn't soft, but he left for the US in high school. Same with Tristan Thompson. Same with Wiggins.

I'm trying to think of recent guys who were entirely Canadian products up until college age. I've got Jamal Murray, Olynyk, Dillon Brooks, and that's about it.

Todd MacCulloch, <3, :laugh:

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Stay far away from Dion. Dude has always been fool's gold.
Shake will be a better player than him pretty soon.

Justin Patton is supposed to be back mid-Feb for what its worth.
Throw in in the Jimmy deal but was once 16th overall pick.
Crippled w injuries so he fits the narrative to a tee.

Big man that can switch and defend. Workable tools as a stretch big guy.
Might be a sleeper to earn some backup 5 minutes since the job is so open.

Similar to Bolden in skillset and upside but it wouldnt hurt to have TWO or more of those type of switchable, lengthy athletes that can occasionally step out and hit a 3.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
liked jimmy butlers comment in post game lastnight. about learning from winning instead of from losing.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Big man that can switch and defend. Workable tools as a stretch big guy.
Might be a sleeper to earn some backup 5 minutes since the job is so open.

Similar to Bolden in skillset and upside but it wouldnt hurt to have TWO or more of those type of switchable, lengthy athletes that can occasionally step out and hit a 3.

I liked Patton coming out. He's an excellent cutter for a big too and a hell of a transition finisher. He's not good at it yet, but yeah, he's a percectly willing spot up guy.

I hope they give him some run in Simmons + 3 shooters lineups. I want to keep his defensive assignments pretty simple for now. He was fouling at a pretty damn high rate before the missed time. Not much high level experience, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->