OT: The Philadelphia Seventy-Sixers are glad to have a Butler part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

XDevilBoiX

Jan 29, 2011
Total dominance of a team, why Jimmy left them. Didn’t put up a fight at all. Towns -42, Wiggins -25 lol

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Did you read the article Spike Eskin wrote the other day? He made it sound like the Sixers were one of the worst and most dysfunctional teams in the league. He basically called the Butler trade a massive failure, though I shouldnt be surprised since two of his beloved "processers" were involved in the deal.
I don't follow that son of a butt head...so wasn't aware. Butler trade I would still make.....but valid concerns about him learning to focus on the we and not the me....

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
I don't follow that son of a butt head...so wasn't aware. Butler trade I would still make.....but valid concerns about him learning to focus on the we and not the me....
I dont disagree, there is some reason for concern. The roster also needs work, depth is a bit rough. I still think they are a better team than they were before the trade though and are better than most teams in the league.

As for Spike, I think if it were up to him they would still be tanking for high picks.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
everyone was. Canadians are soft. No one with those gifts should be that ineffective. Its really a shame.
Yup...….we dodged a bullet. Wonder if Hinkie would have traded him like MCW before people caught on? At least he saw fortune in misfortune with Embiid.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I miss Saric in some ways...think he is being misused in Minnie but it annoyed me that he won't give up playing for Croatia in the offseason.

I can’t hold that against him. Playing for your country is a big deal, especially in Europe. And the guy obviously loves playing basketball.

Reactions: Embiid

Phileeguy

Sleep with one eye open tonight, bird.
Oct 7, 2010
Philly
Let’s see if they can keep this up with the tougher teams coming up
It's a legit brutal stretch. Dunno if this season any other team has/had something scheduled like this, but they're going to be playing 12 straight games against winning teams (as of right now, maybe the Lakers/Kings fall off) and 5 of them are on the road. Their combined record: 267-168. And the Sixers are only 7-8 against winning teams, granted 3 of those Ls were before Butler got here.

Bare minimum I'd like to see is going .500. If they can win 7 out of 12, I'll be good. 8 or more and I'll be ecstatic.

Reactions: Embiid
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->