The people hurt most by the lockout

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcemanTBI

Apr 19, 2004
Land of Ice
I came accross this article at the RDS website. Here's the link if you want to read it:
http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/167809.html

Basically, it talks about the poor folks who work at the Bell Centre, getting pay cuts and working less hours, only 4 days a week. These folks are really worried, they have to put food on the table and families to look after. I'm sure the situation is the same at all the other NHL arenas.

It's these people that are hurt the most by this lockout. I wonder if the NHLPA or the owners think about these people. Most likely not. :shakehead

I.am.ca

Nope cuz they are replaceable and the NHL doesn't give a crap about them. I admire the Refs the most because they aren't taking other ref's jobs they are working at other jobs to provide for their family not stealing jobs away from their fellow refs that need to pay the bills and provide for their families.

The guys that work at the rink that make sure the fans get the food on time when there are intermissions, that make sure the rinks are clean and maintained are the ones getting hurt. Without these guys the Rink does not run, the ice is not great and the fans will not have a good time.

This is the main reason i don't give a crap about the NHL right now, the amount of people getting screwed from people employed by the teams to run the rinks to fans are getting the short end of the deal. The NHLPA is too stupid to realize that they make alot of money and that it wouldn't be too bad to have a cap so then the teams can survive and can employ their sorry asses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad