Post-Game Talk: The Pens play the exact same game again and wonder why they lose

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
I just find it funny to see the same people who defend Tomlin to the Moon and back after 15 years past his expiration date, will spew vile hate on Sullivan even if it is time for Sullivan to go.

And Sullivan is the better of the 2.

Just why?

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Malkin was asked postgame how he felt about his conditioning and he said it was a real challenge to do anything close to his normal off-season workouts in Russia. He said it was no excuse, but it was definitely challenging.

I really think we're not going to see the typical drastic changes throughout the NHL because of the circumstances created by COVID.

1. Rocky was able to train in Russia why can’t favorite player?

2. I see a lot more mental mistakes than physical. It’s not winning hockey and not something a leader does.

He should shut up and start playing smart simple hockey.

Reactions: CascadiaPenguin

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Eventually, we need to seriously consider doing what the Rangers did a few years back. Just a quick, committed rebuild. See if Crosby/Malkin want to stick around. They've earned the right to decide how they want to spend their twilight years. Listen on everyone but Jake, Marino, Joseph, and Kapanen (just due to his short time here).

You could get some serious assets by moving Letang, Rust, Petts, Zucker, etc. Dumo could go either way. I still think he has a ton to give, but I'd move him in the right deal.

I'd be heartbroken to see Sid or Geno go (and they never will), but if this team is stinking this badly come the TDL, I'd be 100% ok with dealing the 5 you mentioned. However, I do think they'll improve somewhat and probably not be sellers. Though I'd rather the team NOT do what they did in 2015: limp into the playoffs and be buyers only to get stomped in the first round. Daniel Winnik :laugh:.

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
I don't want to beat up on a player getting his big chance but Czuczman looked like one of the worst players in forever to put on our jersey. Like blatant.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
1. Rocky was able to train in Russia why can’t favorite player?

2. I see a lot more mental mistakes than physical. It’s not winning hockey and not something a leader does.

He should shut up and start playing smart simple hockey.

You honestly don't have a clue about this player and we're all worse for your remarks on him. I don't know any other way to put it.

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
You honestly don't have a clue about this player and we're all worse for your remarks on him. I don't know any other way to put it.

I disagree. I think some people here don't understand how mentally checked out favorite player is right now. An X's and O's nightmare.

OswaldBates

Dec 31, 2019
I gotta say, I said at least 2 years ago that Sully wasn't going to get us anywhere again and everyone thought I was crazy.
Sid & Friends tanking on another coach, Remember that is how they got GMJR that nobody here wanted as GM & Mike Johnston as HC because guys looked at those guys as HC & GM killers

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
The team granted my wish - no drama, no nerves. Yay! No need to analyze who sucked and who didn't because everyone did. Much appreciated, Pens!

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I've not read the entire thread and I also stopped watching after the Broons third goal. I didn't want other posts sullying (ha!) my thoughts.

+POJ with his play and that huge clean hit. I'm so happy he wasn't attacked for that.
+Marino looked a bit better to me.
+Ceci with that goal even though he still looked uncomfortable handling the puck. :laugh:

iZw4eJ1.png

-Czuczman... dude. I was rooting for you so hard. And then you have such a stinker.
-That second goal against was fugly.
-Jake looks like he don care.
-Sid and Geno, where you at? Does Allvin need to bring in some leadership?

Reactions: BHD

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
-Sid and Geno, where you at? Does Allvin need to bring in some leadership?

If only we had a "never say die" type veteran with Cup experience to pick the team up when it's down. A warrior who can dig in the trenches and score the big goal at key times.

You have to pay for those types, usually upwards of 5 mil per.

Maybe we could flip Matheson for one?

sovietsanta87

Jan 3, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
Not sure what you mean. He is the reason our powerplay is bad I assume?

The entire power play is the reason our power play is bad. But Letang is not a viable point man. Shooting from the point is a weakness and when he gets the puck his first look is always to pass. Teams aren’t worried about him and it allows them to cheat towards the four other players on the ice.

Neat. How’s Crosby’s defensive game going this year?

Neat. Crosby has accomplished a career filled with meeting and exceeding expectations. Kris Letang is the same player today that he was at 20 years old; difference being declining athleticism due to age.
If I had to bet on who has a better shot of turning this season around I sure as hell would bet on 58

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I disagree. I think some people here don't understand how mentally checked out favorite player is right now. An X's and O's nightmare.

Absolutely. Letang too. They're following the captain's lead. Usually Malkin sits out the run off the coach phase, but this time he's sticking to the captain's program.

Reactions: Selfish Man

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
If only we had a "never say die" type veteran with Cup experience to pick the team up when it's down. A warrior who can dig in the trenches and score the big goal at key times.

You have to pay for those types, usually upwards of 5 mil per.

Maybe we could flip Matheson for one?

Screw it, bring over Bjorkqvist and have him go ballistic. And then he'll hurt himself. :(

Reactions: Soggy Biscuit

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Absolutely. Letang too. They're following the captain's lead. Usually Malkin sits out the run off the coach phase, but this time he's sticking to the captain's program.

You always shift blame from your favorite player. That's fanboy stuff.

Sid hasn't looked great but has won us some games unlike favorite player. To me he doesn't look like he's stealing paychecks like 71.

All the stars need to do better and show lead by example.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
You always shift blame from your favorite player. That's fanboy stuff.

Sid hasn't looked great but has won us some games unlike favorite player. To me he doesn't look like he's stealing paychecks like 71.

All the stars need to do better and show lead by example.

Uh oh. Junior Junior is mad that I insulted favorite player. No points, no pulse, and a -4 in Boston. Funny what happens when Daddy Sullivan doesn't protect him like on home ice and the opponent isn't a crap team like the Rangers. And only fanboys think Crosby wasn't stealing paychecks in Boston this week.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad