Post-Game Talk: The Pens play the exact same game again and wonder why they lose

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Oh, my bad lol. Then yeah - all on TB and his faceoff %, the guy is right.

Honestly they all suck right now. Debating who sucks more when they're playing get the coach fired is pointless.

The change will come at some point, and then you'll be able to evaluate who and what still fits.

How it always has worked, with this team and others.

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
1. Rocky was able to train in Russia why can’t favorite player?

2. I see a lot more mental mistakes than physical. It’s not winning hockey and not something a leader does.

He should shut up and start playing smart simple hockey.

You know that Rocky's not real, right?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
People live there? Thought it was only CHUDs

These guys . . . still living in Philly?

SMjeCYw.gif

Nah, they moved to the burbs. City was too much for them.

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
I said at the start of the season, that they aren’t gonna make the playoffs. And yet I somehow end up disappointed and angry after these performances.

“The big three” have turned into complete useless idiots. They are ghosts wearing shirts of former great players. They are a no-show. Right now the deal with this team is: if secondary scorers don’t score - nobody scores. There no such thing as “primary scoring” with this current team. It’s nonexistent.

This power play is... pathetic is a nice word for it. Last year people pooped in Recchi for pp. Now renowned pp whisperer Reirdan. What, again? Now he is to blame? Is it a coincidence that we get two terrible pp coaches in a row? Or maybe the reason lies with lazy complacent stars, that don’t execute?

This team can’t make the playoffs. If for no other reason - then because Crosby, Malkin and Letang don’t deserve the playoffs. They don’t deserve to be there anymore.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Did anyone think they’d win tonight with that D?

Hands up who thought they’d win. @CrosbyMalkin is the guy in black ;)

RealLoathsomeBabirusa-size_restricted.gif

Actually I was the one that posted before the game that we haven't won in Boston since 2014 so not feeling good about this game with 4 defensman out. So try your bully tactics on someone else and at least know your facts if you are going to try and bust someone's chops. Keyboard warriors make me laugh.

Reactions: EightyOne

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Actually I was the one that posted before the game that we haven't won in Boston since 2014 so not feeling good about this game with 4 defensman out. So try your bully tactics on someone else and at least know your facts if you are going to try and bust someone's chops. Keyboard warriors make me laugh.

Wasn’t a bullying tactic. Just poking fun. I will stop if you didn’t like it.

I’m still positive on this team, well enough to wait a bit longer anyways.

Never been called a keyboard warrior before :laugh:

Reactions: Pensfan891
Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
I remember the last time the team looked this heartless and some were ready to blow everything up. It actually happened in Washington too with Ovy a couple years back. Anyway something something changed yada yada and they both won cups afterwards. Anyway I don't remember where I was going with that. It's probably just a coincidence that almost everyone is playing bad, so let's just pick our least favorite core player and sewer them. Crosby Malkin Letang Ovy, they grow on trees and we can get more.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
At least Malkin doesn't make excuses. He knows he needs to be better. He's always the one they ask that shit and he answers. The rest of this soft headed :eek::eek::eek::eek: of a team don't get that shit as often as Geno and Geno has answered and makes those changes.

I love the Pens but he deserves better even with the Cups. You see him dominate with a line that not even Crosby has done with that winger and they refuse to use him with Geno. So he's trying to make it work with two that aren't as much of a fit or at least one might be but the LW definitely isn't. Meanwhile you can see Zucker being a seamless fit with Crosby but they'd rather let Jake struggle there because Sid likes Jake on his LW.

This team has never won the cup just because of Crosby. It's won because Sid And Geno dominated when they needed one of them to. They owe nothing to Crosby that is more than what they owe Malkin. So f*** this upper head office and their cronies that pander to him and how he gets his way each time.

Zap Rowsdower

Sep 10, 2019
If I had no idea who Ceci was and this was the first time I saw him play, I'd think he was a forward and the team ran out of D and had to put him back on D for a game

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
I find it hilarious that people are burying Letang and acting like Marino will figure it out.

Player Season Totals - Natural Stat Trick

I agree and also think judging either now is hard considering both lost their defense partner. You have the start of the season with no preseason games and then you lose your normal partner. This defense group is put together with duct tape at this point.

Nothing is the norm to start this season and some players adjust faster than others. Mario could be off years and come in and have a 3 point night his first game back. Players like Malkin aren't to good after long layoffs and I think we saw that in the playoffs which started with months off and this season with no preseason games. We just need to keep lines and pairings consistent for a few games and hopefully things will be fine. Scary times losing that many LD defensman at the same time. Not surprised the RD's are having issues because of that.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Wasn’t a bullying tactic. Just poking fun. I will stop if you didn’t like it.

I’m still positive on this team, well enough to wait a bit longer anyways.

Never been called a keyboard warrior before :laugh:

My bad then, I am a little over sensitive. It is hard to tell in the written word intent. Everything's good.:thumbu:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Yeah, I said this in the GDT thread, but I honestly haven't had an issue with Ceci's play so far this year. But you can interpret that as:

1. I just don't notice him, which I guess is good
2. There are other such glaring flaws that I don't notice his flaws, which iad bad

I think Ceci's a solid #6D on a good team, but your team is likely in bad shape if he's playing much more than that.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad