Post-Game Talk: The Pens play the exact same game again and wonder why they lose

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Let's talk positives first:

++ The bottom 6 ISN"T bad. I think that's a really good thing and puts us in a better situation than 2015.

++ POJ and Marino will be good for years to come. Yes... Marino is STRUGGLING right now as a young man learning the ropes of a top dman. But you see the skillset is there. POJ will go through the same growing pains but you can see it's there. This ain't like watching Pouliot just knowing it wasn't going to work. These are legit guys.

And back to the negatives:

---- I'll stand by this and fought everyone. Defense awareness is the #1 priority. We have even numbers. Guys just stare and watch the play. No head on a swivel. Nothing. It's not like we have odd numbers against. We have even numbers. We duplicate coverage or f***ing just miss a cut.

--- Stars/Powerplay: It's not worth me going into it. These guys are getting what they deserve. They are playing like dog shit.

I mean look, whether Sully is a fantastic coach or not, the players have stopped playing for him. It's time to move on.

TySmith4Norris

Oct 13, 2020
Defense and goaltending playing within expectations considering all of the injuries

The forwards? Not so much

At some point that has to be on the coaching staff, have not seen Crosby/Malkin play this poorly in a long time

Do they even play a system? For 75% of the game you couldn’t tell

+POJ

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Zucker in the last few minutes 1 on 1 and he elects to shoot from 30 feet out rather than make a move and try to get in closer. The Bruins don’t do that. They make the move and sometimes it works. Look at Marchand vs Letang the other night.

There are many reasons for this and most of them have to do with coaching.

Reactions: Andy99 and Trade

turd

Feb 1, 2013
It’s hard to be mad for me. Disappointed, sure. But they’re just not a good team. They’re soft as baby shit, have very few difference makers, and the ones they do have are playing some of the worst hockey I’ve ever seen them play. Their structure is just nonexistent. Not getting good goaltending. They’re just an absolute mess.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Had a bad day at work.

Was repaid by this miserable, wretched squad for whom everything is impossible and concedes quality chance like...I don't know. Something cheap. Metaphor metaphor.

87, 71 and 58. You've been great for us but as a fan I'd rather not deal with 5 years of this. If this isn't on Sully, please ask out so we can start over.

Sully. Leave.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
The guy is a certified f***ing idiot. And annoying as hell to listen to. I hope he spends the next 20 years overprnouncing "stud-ni-ka" and "koo-rah-lee" and watching the Bruins win the square root of f*** all.
It's a Slavic last name. That's how you pronounce Kuraly. Well, except the way he pronounces the last syllable.

Studnika should be "stewd-knee-ka"

Not defending Edwards though. I hate him as much as anyone.

Reactions: Extra Texture

Woodrow

Dec 8, 2005
O8bwzs1.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad