Rumor: The Penguins to be an internal cap team?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Domi certainly isn't a traditional #3C in the Jordan Staal, young Matt Cullen mode. That's usually where you want a defensively responsible C to be who can take on the other team's top line. A bit of offense is nice, too, but man, when you've got Malkin and Crosby...

I would sign Granlund. Won't cost a damn thing, can play C, and if he gets his game back would be great on the wing for either of the two big boys. Meshes really well with Zucker....they are quite the pair of attack dogs when they forecheck. Unlike Zucker, is very good on the off wing. High IQ player. For a smaller guy, Granlund is very good in board battles.

I would imagine, after his poor results in NSH, that he wouldn't command a big contract, either in amount or term.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Another Pittsburgh journalist has said this won't be happening. I don't know I trust more tbf, but this can't be certain.

Domi certainly isn't a traditional #3C in the Jordan Staal, young Matt Cullen mode. That's usually where you want a defensively responsible C to be who can take on the other team's top line. A bit of offense is nice, too, but man, when you've got Malkin and Crosby...

I would sign Granlund. Won't cost a damn thing, can play C, and if he gets his game back would be great on the wing for either of the two big boys. Meshes really well with Zucker....they are quite the pair of attack dogs when they forecheck. Unlike Zucker, is very good on the off wing. High IQ player. For a smaller guy, Granlund is very good in board battles.

I would imagine, after his poor results in NSH, that he wouldn't command a big contract, either in amount or term.

What's Granlund like in possession of the puck? My perception of him is he's the sort of guy who likes to take charge and play like a C even when he's a W, and I'm not sure that meshes well with the big dogs. They like their wings to get wide, stretch space, and not hold onto the puck a lot.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
I could see this being true, but I also just saw this:

And if the Penguins are trading for Max Domi (which I certainly believe is possible, based on JR trying to acquire him in the past), that kinda spits on the idea that they're going to be an internal cap team.

Montreal aren't trading Domi. Pittsburgh will not have an internal cap.
Friedman and his friends on that network hate the Canadiens / Penguins and continually make up stories/lies.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad