The Penguins' Jabronis Are Doing Major Damage

kladorf2005

Apr 20, 2018
What happens to all of that when Rust, Malkin, Galchenyuk and Bjudstadt come back? I'm seriously curious.

Also guys from the minors always come up guns blazing and then most of them fade, that's why they were in the minors.

Blandisi - 25
Lafferty - 24
Adam Johnson - 25

So they are not kids.
Wouldn't be surprised to see Rust and/or Bjudstadt be traded. Rust especially as a sweetener for someone to take Jack Johnson.

Malkin and Galchenyuk will obviously be back in their usual spots. Blandisi and A Johnson would be the first ones sent back to the baby Pens.

Lafferty isn't a kid, but he is distancing himself from the other call-ups. I expect he has found himself a permanent spot in the bottom 6.

And you didn't mention Marino, but he's never going back down. Already a solid bottom pairing guy, who might find himself in the top 4 as early as next year.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Best the pens have looked up front since 2017 imo. The new guys aren't on Guentzel's level but i think a couple of them can be on a Sheary/Rust level.

Reactions: Extra Texture

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
What happens to all of that when Rust, Malkin, Galchenyuk and Bjudstadt come back? I'm seriously curious.

Also guys from the minors always come up guns blazing and then most of them fade, that's why they were in the minors.

Blandisi - 25
Lafferty - 24
Adam Johnson - 25

So they are not kids.
Aside from Blandisi this is their first taste of NHL hockey. College players that use most of their eligibility always debut older, that's nothing new. As for when the injured guys come back, I imagine Blandisi will be sent back and there will be decisions made on Johnson, Lafferty, ZAR and Kahun. Bjugstad may even be traded,

Reactions: Dominance

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003

Blandisi - 25
Lafferty - 24
Adam Johnson - 25

So they are not kids.
Pens don't really rush any of their AHL guys anymore, kind of like the old Detroit model. Rust and Sheary both became regulars at 23, Dumoulin 24, Kuhnhackl 24, Guentzel 22.

Blandisi, Bleuger, and Johnson all had short stints in the NHL last year as well but wasn't going to force their way onto the roster over vets. Cullen, Brassard, and Kessel leaving and with all these injuries now has paved the way for them.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK

Blandisi - 25
Lafferty - 24
Adam Johnson - 25

So they are not kids.

Blandisi will definitely go back down, he's a good AHLer who can do a solid job as a callup but he's not a regular NHLer. Adam Johnson has excellent speed, I think he can crack an NHL roster but it might not be with the Pens (if Pens ever get full healthy). Lafferty is quick, smart and has some decent skill, he's already PKing so he's going to be hard to take out of the lineup.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
People were shouting gloom and doom when Malkin and other starters went down due to injury, but in the last two games the Penguins have scored 14 goals and these are the stats of some of their depth players in those games:

Sam Lafferty: 3 goals, 2 assists

Aston-Reese: 2 goals, 2 assists

Adam Johnson: 1 goal, 1 assist

Dominik Simon: 1 goal

what does Jabronis mean

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->